Author Topic: X.O. Experience is classic.... And Datz All I'm Sayin!  (Read 419 times)

Scarfacetony

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
Re:X.O. Experience is classic.... And Datz All I'm Sayin!
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2003, 04:16:07 AM »
Im feelin COAST 2 COAST much more

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2003, 04:53:12 AM »
very good cd...but sometimes too much party feeling

Alk

• Lil Geezy
  • Pour More Likwit!
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2003, 05:36:30 AM »
This is my faviourite rap album for sure..I still listen to this every week...getting drunk to this since it first came out...every song is sick!

Alkaholik = Rabid-Vibes Forum
Alk = DjQuik.net Forum
-=Likwit=- = DPGC-2G Forum

Don Seer

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2003, 06:11:36 AM »
From what ya'll sayin sounds like its made for beer monsters...
never could really get into this album.. :/

i'll get mashed over the w/e and give it a bump.. lol

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2003, 12:41:03 PM »
Solid 4/5 BUT Coast 2 Coast is by far there best album.

:)

BigCain

• Lil Geezy
  • Dr. Stank & Dirdy Birdy
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2003, 11:28:00 PM »

Fuck nah.
Dope ass beats thanks to E-Swift, Rockwilder and more, but it's too party party..
Brainless party-music, which of course is hella fun for parties, but as for lyrics.. thumb down.

As U can see, I'm more of reader than a poster and I have agreed with your post MANY more times than not, so U got respect, but I think U dropped the ball in a major way on this one homie... thumb down on lyrics when talking about Big Tash??????  Come on Homie!! Have U even peeped the album or any LIKS Album or the Tash Album?????  Tash is consistently crazy on the MIC... U might want to pump fake that one....
"Sittin thinkin how bein poor sucks,
drivin around lookin for a fasho fuck,
only workin wit 4 bucs,
all my babies older than each other by 4 months"
By Dirdy Birdy on the Black Spooks song "Understand My Plight"  Black Spooks are Sly Boogy & Dirty Birdy

"It is sort of fascinating that you can have 100 percent certainty about weapons of mass destruction and zero certainty of about where they are" Head United Nations Inspector Hans Blix

Jome

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2003, 11:40:40 PM »

As U can see, I'm more of reader than a poster and I have agreed with your post MANY more times than not, so U got respect, but I think U dropped the ball in a major way on this one homie... thumb down on lyrics when talking about Big Tash??????  Come on Homie!! Have U even peeped the album or any LIKS Album or the Tash Album?????  Tash is consistently crazy on the MIC... U might want to pump fake that one....

Uhh.. I'm talking about lyrics, not the flow.
Because when it comes to flow, Tash is among the best there is.. but he's not a lyrical master.

Believe me..
I have heard this album 300 times over..
I know all the lyrics for this album.

Tash ain't no Pharoahe, Nas or Ras Kass.
I bump this album for the dope ass beats, so if you're saying Tash is a lyrical genius, you can't know the difference about flow and lyrical content.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2003, 11:41:52 PM by PhaŽoahe Jome »

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2003, 12:34:16 AM »
actually the rhyme scheme is part of one's flow, so flow and lyrics actually do have something to do with each other.

BigCain

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2003, 01:44:09 AM »

Uhh.. I'm talking about lyrics, not the flow.
Because when it comes to flow, Tash is among the best there is.. but he's not a lyrical master.

Believe me..
I have heard this album 300 times over..
I know all the lyrics for this album.

Tash ain't no Pharoahe, Nas or Ras Kass.
I bump this album for the dope ass beats, so if you're saying Tash is a lyrical genius, you can't know the difference about flow and lyrical content.

Lyrics not the flow? Come on, lets keep it simple... FLow & Lyrics go hand in hand along with delivery, voice, etc... I don't think your dissin Tash and will not hate on the dope MCs U mentioned... However you brought up your boy Pharoahe (who I got love 4).. When comparing the two they are Very much alike especially when it come to DOPE & Punchlines metaphors being their "bread & butter" I recently accepted the fact (after much thought!) that Nas is currently the best MC by a ways.... And Ras I have right there with Defari & Sly Boogy as so-called "westcoast" Lyricist.... When you try and break it down so much it stinks of that old "East Coast-we evented hip-hop so only we really know about it" attitude.. Holla back play boy
only workin wit 4 bucs,
By Dirdy Birdy on the Black Spooks song "Understand My Plight"  Black Spooks are Sly Boogy & Dirty Birdy

"It is sort of fascinating that you can have 100 percent certainty about weapons of mass destruction and zero certainty of about where they are" Head United Nations Inspector Hans Blix

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2003, 01:51:01 AM »
yeah pharoahe lyrics flow extremely well like tash's, and for the most part they are similar (not their style, but the case between them).

and ras kass would murder every rapper named so far lyrically.

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2003, 04:55:17 PM »
i didnt really feel this disc....i was really pumped for it when it came out too...

Jome

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2003, 10:45:58 PM »
Lyrics not the flow? Come on, lets keep it simple... FLow & Lyrics go hand in hand along with delivery, voice, etc... I don't think your dissin Tash and will not hate on the dope MCs U mentioned... However you brought up your boy Pharoahe (who I got love 4).. When comparing the two they are Very much alike especially when it come to DOPE & Punchlines metaphors being their "bread & butter" I recently accepted the fact (after much thought!) that Nas is currently the best MC by a ways.... And Ras I have right there with Defari & Sly Boogy as so-called "westcoast" Lyricist.... When you try and break it down so much it stinks of that old "East Coast-we evented hip-hop so only we really know about it" attitude.. Holla back play boy

There has to be drawn a clear line between lyrics & flow, as you can have the most complex amazing lyrics and still flow like a nerd, or vice versa.

A good example is when comparing Ras Kass vs. Tash.

Just about everybody will tell you that Rassie is a more complex lyricist than Tash is, caTash will probably admit it himself.
But when comparing their flow, Tash obviously takes it.. not picking on Ras's flow, but as compared to Tash.. Tash wins.

Then there's other areas.. like charisma, voice, etc.
When listening to Ras, you might learn a new thing or two, but when listening to Tash.. you might learn a new alcohol flavor, but that's probably it.

Saying that lyrics & flow is basically the same, shows that your more interested in the beat, than the rappers skills.

BigCain

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2003, 11:01:48 PM »

There has to be drawn a clear line between lyrics & flow, as you can have the most complex amazing lyrics and still flow like a nerd, or vice versa

Saying that lyrics & flow is basically the same, shows that your more interested in the beat, than the rappers skills.

I agree that Canibus can sound like a nerd, but you could of made your point by complementing the specifics of the LIKS that u feel instead of side dissin Tash & nem....

But you didn't holla back Pharoahe & Tash being similar & don't think Ima take that side diss about being more interested in the beat...  Hip Hop, obviously, is too Divisive already... Tash or Meth or others like them could be considered lyrical as well (at there best).. Is there a rule against??? U have to rap about certain things to have lyrics??? Just cuz Tash focuses on Drank, parties, women & Cali and not the dead prez, krs & Ras content is only subject matter... In fact, one could argue that continuing to twist the same subject over and over in new creative lines shows lyrical skillz in itself.. Holla Homie
only workin wit 4 bucs,

Jome

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2003, 11:17:08 PM »
I agree that Canibus can sound like a nerd, but you could of made your point by complementing the specifics of the LIKS that u feel instead of side dissin Tash & nem....

But you didn't holla back Pharoahe & Tash being similar & don't think Ima take that side diss about being more interested in the beat...  Hip Hop, obviously, is too Divisive already... Tash or Meth or others like them could be considered lyrical as well (at there best).. Is there a rule against??? U have to rap about certain things to have lyrics??? Just cuz Tash focuses on Drank, parties, women & Cali and not the dead prez, krs & Ras content is only subject matter... In fact, one could argue that continuing to twist the same subject over and over in new creative lines shows lyrical skillz in itself.. Holla Homie

Hmm..
I don't think Pharoahe & Tash in nothing like eachother at all.
Pharoahe is probably using days just to write a song, and get new ideas, implement metaphors and shit..
Tash is more like.. lets get drunk and write some funny rhymes..

I was never dissing Liks though, I was just saying that they're not lyrical geniuses.. even if they might have tight rhymes and flows..
And that's their whole gimmick too.. the Alkaholiks.. it would be strange if they suddenly started making "Nature of the Threat" type of tracks.

BigCain

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2003, 11:28:48 PM »

Hmm..
I don't think Pharoahe & Tash in nothing like eachother at all.
Pharoahe is probably using days just to write a song, and get new ideas, implement metaphors and shit..
Tash is more like.. lets get drunk and write some funny rhymes..

I was never dissing Liks though, I was just saying that they're not lyrical geniuses.. even if they might have tight rhymes and flows..
And that's their whole gimmick too.. the Alkaholiks.. it would be strange if they suddenly started making "Nature of the Threat" type of tracks.

Tash and Pharoahe are REAL comparible.... U Can't deny that!  Punchlines & metaphors are the bread & butter for both... Subject is what your gettin twisted.... And I got the the Pharoahe album and all 3 Organized joints so don't trip... And don't be too sure that last line. Did you peep J-Ro's verse on that Fred Wreck anti-war song... Tash carries J as a group, but it was a political verse and decent at that.....
only workin wit 4 bucs,