Author Topic: Royce 5'9 - "Death Is Certain" to be released on..  (Read 162 times)

Jome

Royce 5'9 - "Death Is Certain" to be released on..
« on: June 17, 2003, 12:36:55 AM »
While Royce Da 5'9's Build & Destroy hits retail on 7-22-03, Royce has wrapped up the recording of his sophomore LP Death Is Certain and it will be released by Koch on 9-24-03.  Word is, production is being handled by Ty Fyffe, Azarre, Royce, and Carlos "Six July" Broady (who laced Royce with three tracks that were originally produced for Notorious B.I.G.)---Royce is also in discussions with DJ Premier to lace the lead-single.  One of the more interesting tracks is Royce and Carlos Broady's updated interpolation of B.I.G.'s "What's Beef", which due to its controversial nature and the emcees (insert coin drop and ?) it takes to task ("nigg*s hide behind the things I know about") is surely going to send more then a few shockwaves thru the industry.

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
Re:Royce 5'9 - "Death Is Certain" to be released on..
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2003, 12:39:55 AM »
Sounds good!

Im hoping good  things for royce

thanks Jome

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2003, 12:49:35 AM »
No Alchemist & one Primo joint :'(, and the producers he is using ain't exactly the greatest. But i'll still wait to see what its like.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Jome

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2003, 12:54:26 AM »
No Alchemist & one Primo joint :'(, and the producers he is using ain't exactly the greatest. But i'll still wait to see what its like.

That's what I thought too.. I was hoping for a few Alchemist tracks, a few Premo tracks, and some Rush aka Red Spyda.. hopefully they'll get in some last minute tracks..  :-\

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2003, 02:27:07 AM »
Them production credits sure don't look very promising... But what can we really tell without hearing the tracks? We don't know shit about this album yet, for all we know all them beats could be straight heat.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2003, 04:20:39 AM »
i cant really complain about the beats the way royce has bin killin shit up lately, his on his game and some of the beats his camp have been comin up with are sick so i cant complain

peace

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2003, 08:14:02 AM »
it shud be better than rock city he said he is gonna make straight underground music from now on no comercial stuff

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2003, 08:20:31 AM »
build and destroy is good, i cant wait for this

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2003, 08:26:45 AM »
I`m sure Alchemist will drop a beat on this,trust me,this will be dope ass album