Author Topic: Spice 1 Talks About Ja Rule, Nelly, Nas, and Jay-Z!  (Read 895 times)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Spice 1 Talks About Ja Rule, Nelly, Nas, and Jay-Z!
« on: June 26, 2003, 05:35:01 PM »
this was taken from hitemup.com..its a good interview and spice 1 hits some valuble points..........

Posted by Christopher Wanzelius on Tuesday, June 24 2003

In a recent interview with Davey D, Spice 1 spoke out on Ja Rule, Jay-Z, Nas and Nelly's biting of Tupac. Below is an excerpt:

Davey D: What about everybody right now eating off Pac?

Spice 1: Everybody eating off Pac - Ja Rule, Nelly, all them cats. What pisses me off is the rap crowd and the audience should say something about it. I can't, I mean I've been there and I've seen already. What pisses me off is they know damn well that Pac did not like Nas or motherfucking Jay-Z. And they're playing the song on the radio. That shit is outrageous and it makes me mad as fuck. It makes you wanna take one of their motherfucking beats and rap about them on it.

But the thing is, if I did that, then the West Coast is hated on that much. If I did that shit, I probably wouldn't even get heard. If I die and someone do that shit to me [steal my beats and rap about me knowing I didn't like them], I swear if there’s a way for me to come back, I would just to serve their ass.

I already told my homeboys. I said, "If I die, nigga, and any of these niggas that I didn't like make a song try to be like me, whoop their motherfucking ass. Check these niggas. They know God damn well Pac didn't like them niggas, man.

Motherfuckers like Pac, Pac liked to have beef with you. If you had beef with him, he'd take that shit till you bow the fuck down. [He was like], "Them niggas didn't bow down, so fuck them niggas." If I still feel like, "Fuck them niggas," I still feel like Pac feels. Fuck them niggas. Even though he's dead and motherfuckers are saying, "Let him rest in peace." Fuck that shit, that ain't got nothing to do with niggas biting his shit. They're trying to get over on his name and make money off his name. And niggas like me who knew him and who kicked it with him and was actually in the studio with him together, know what I'm saying? That pisses me off like, y'all don't even know my homeboy. Y'all are some bitch ass niggas for real. How can you make a song about a nigga when you ain't even been in his face and kicked it with him?

That's why you ain’t seen Spice 1 rapping about other motherfuckers. If you do, believe me I’m looking for that motherfucker with a pistol too. If I'm rapping about him, believe me I'm looking for him too. That's why I don’t have time to fuck with these little cats out here. They can't fuck with the '85 gangstas, you know what I'm saying?

I don't even consider what they're doing today as rapping. They're making the shit for the little kids. The kids are liking it and that's what's cracking. They're doing that, but I ain't planning to get down with that.

The shit that I talk, I can walk through any motherfucking 'hood and niggas will respect me. Because I look like I'll whoop a motherfucker's ass. These young ass niggas look like if they threw their hardest motherfucking punch they wouldn't even hurt a fly. I mean, they don't look like they're going to get down like that. So, why are they spitting that shit then complaining when someone come at them on some gangsta shit? They wanna complain to the crowd like, "Oh, we're just rappers and entertainers." Rap about what you do, not about some gangsta shit thinking motherfuckers ain't gonna test you. That's why I got like six gun cases in three different states and shit, because I keep my motherfucking heat with me.

A lot of these motherfuckers, their past ain't add up to what they are now. Or what they're saying they are now. Like 50 Cent came right out to Ja Rule and said, "You ain't a gangsta. You never popped nothing, nigga."

It's hard to respect this music shit now, you know? You can't look at this like it's real. You have to look at it like it's a cartoon. It's real that we're watching it and it's funny, but it's not real. These niggas ain't real, 'cause a real motherfucker you would know right away. Like 50 Cent, I'ma tell you a joke he said, only a gangsta would know this joke. That motherfucker said on 106 And Park, when he got on 106 And Park and they asked him about a gun case, you know what the motherfucker said? "It wasn't me, I didn't do it." He said those exact words. That's gangsta comedy right there. Half the motherfuckers, when he said that, weren't laughing. Me, when I saw it, I was sitting in front of the TV laughing my motherfucking ass off.

You got real motherfuckers like that, then you got other cats playing around.

When I made "Peace To My Nine," I really had the nine with a loaded clip at every show, performing on stage and running through the crowd. The point was that we didn't give a fuck. That was the point. I would go in the bank with my motherfucken pistol.

Music has just turned into a movie.

Hell yeah, it's a joke right now. The poetry is gone. They won't let us have any more Tupacs. There's no more 'cause they won't let us have them. There's Tupacs all 'round this motherfucker, but they won't let us hear them 'cause they're scared of what that motherfucker is trying to say.

I remember when Pac was like, "I just sold six million records. The President only got 2 million votes. Shit, I could run for President," and that scared the shit out of [the establishment].

People shy away from that.

Hell yeah, cause they're scared. I want my daughter to know that the world isn't all peaches and cream and that she's going to go through some shit as a woman, as a black woman. She's going to go through a lot of presidents and a lot of things.

But that's been the history of America, right? Take all the bad things and sweep them under the rug.

That's why I named my album AmeriKKKa's Nightmare. They do not want to see this. I've got money, I've got guns and I'm pissed, you know? They don't wanna see that, you know coming from Oakland, the shit goes so deep with the Black Panthers and everything they don't want nobody to be like the Panthers or none of that where we can get out and speak like that.

My pops was a Panther, you know? I'm the son of a Panther, so my poetry goes deep. It goes deep and it's real, you know? Because my pops used to read poetry to me when I was little, like nine-year-sold and shit and some of the same shit I'm spitting now on my records is poetry he read to me when I was like nine-year-old and all of the shit turns out to be true. I can spit the same shit in 2003.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re:Spice 1 Talks About Ja Rule, Nelly, Nas, and Jay-Z!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2003, 05:39:18 PM »
damn Spice is a lot more intelligent than i took him for ;D

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2003, 05:41:16 PM »
damn Spice is a lot more intelligent than i took him for ;D

lol shit is real. he knows what hes talkin bout

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2003, 06:01:15 PM »
I don't have the Nelly albums or anything, so how is he "eating" off 2Pac?

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2003, 06:05:05 PM »
i dont know how nelly eats off of pac either. but nelly does eat off of bone thugs. but he admitted he did, so its all good

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2003, 06:28:25 PM »
Tight interview ,But he's just mad because He cant eat off 2pac like the others did

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2003, 06:35:04 PM »
Tight interview ,But he's just mad because He cant eat off 2pac like the others did

uh... he DID record tracks with 2pac. i dont understand why he would be jealous of those who fantasize about being 2pac everyday.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2003, 07:57:49 PM »
. but nelly does eat off of bone thugs. but he admitted he did, so its all good

other than being black and from the same basketball division , how is nelly eating of bone thugs? if anything bone has been eating off of cypress hill image wise and  arrested development who sang and rapped
« Last Edit: June 27, 2003, 02:09:40 AM by Don Jacob Corleone »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

PLANT

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2003, 08:04:24 PM »
some real good points there ;)

budsmokeronly

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2003, 08:14:41 PM »
props on the interview.  that is one of the best interviews I have read, spice speaks on the real.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2003, 08:34:08 PM »
If I die and someone do that shit to me [steal my beats and rap about me knowing I didn't like them, I swear if there was a way for me to come back, I would just to serve their ass.

They can't fuck with the '85 gangstas, you know what I'm saying?

it's a joke right now. The poetry is gone. They won't let us have any more Tupacs. There's no more 'cause they won't let us have them. There's Tupacs all 'round this motherfucker, but they won't let us hear them 'cause they're scared of what that motherfucker is trying to say.

The shit that I talk, I can walk through any motherfucking 'hood and niggas will respect me. Because I look like I'll whoop a motherfucker's ass. These young ass niggas look like if they threw their hardest motherfucking punch they wouldn't even hurt a fly

My favorite excepts from this dope interview..
Spice put it down on that...Real.

Hatesrats 2oooTre

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2003, 10:30:29 PM »
Tight interview.  Good read.

KVB

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2003, 11:21:32 PM »
That whole interview is bullshit. Spice 1 is just jealous he's a nobody and all those people are better/more successful rappers than him. What they're doing is making tribute songs to a dead rap legend, there isn't anything disrespectful about that. 'Pac's beefs ended when he died, Ja Rule, Jay-Z, Nas and those people are just paying respects and acknowledging his greatness, doesn't matter if you were his best friend or never knew him. All that other shit he talked about is bullshit too. You never met 50 Cent, how can you judge him? From just watching him on TV? LOL, negro please.

That was a great attempt at a publicity stunt. Maybe now, his next album will sell more than 10 copies. :)

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2003, 11:52:47 PM »
He's speakin some real shit right there.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2003, 11:58:02 PM »
That whole interview is bullshit. Spice 1 is just jealous he's a nobody and all those people are better/more successful rappers than him. What they're doing is making tribute songs to a dead rap legend, there isn't anything disrespectful about that. 'Pac's beefs ended when he died, Ja Rule, Jay-Z, Nas and those people are just paying respects and acknowledging his greatness, doesn't matter if you were his best friend or never knew him. All that other shit he talked about is bullshit too. You never met 50 Cent, how can you judge him? From just watching him on TV? LOL, negro please.

That was a great attempt at a publicity stunt. Maybe now, his next album will sell more than 10 copies. :)

you consider that paying respect? theyre just making money off of a fucking dead guy. theres a reason the majority of 2pac's friends have spoken up on this matter