Author Topic: Pearl Jam  (Read 86 times)

TheSheriff

Pearl Jam
« on: June 29, 2003, 09:09:20 AM »
Who here likes them? Their best album is Ten.

Particularly good are Black, Jeremy and Alive.

Don Breezio

Re:Pearl Jam
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2003, 02:53:56 PM »
ok i never expected this to be in a rap forum but either way...im not really a big pearl jam fan...i dont really like old shit...anything before 88 im not really into and any rock (like pearl jam) before like 96-97 im not really into either...except nirvana...kurt kobain is the man.

TheSheriff

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2003, 03:43:02 PM »
ok i never expected this to be in a rap forum but either way...im not really a big pearl jam fan...i dont really like old shit...anything before 88 im not really into and any rock (like pearl jam) before like 96-97 im not really into either...except nirvana...kurt kobain is the man.

This forum (Outbound) is for all kinds of music.

Don Breezio

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2003, 06:27:37 PM »
yea i know...its kinda cool to see something other than hip hop in here now...but it definetely surprised me! lol

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2003, 06:37:32 PM »
They're alright.  I liked ten, black, jeremy, alive, all that stuff was great.  Then "Vitalogy" came out, and that album was REALLY good, I thought stuff like 'immortality' and 'satan's bed' and stuff like that was some of the best stuff ever.  'corduroy'.  I grew up listening to that stuff, everytime I hear it I get bittersweet memories of high school and the girls I knew.  So to me Vitalogy is a much better album, very underrated.

I saw them live when 'vitalogy' came out.  They were playing downtown, and it was when they had banned ticketmaster, and were selling their own tickets.  They were impossible to get, and this girl stayed at home calling every few minutes trying to get some, and couldn't get through.  I was always talking about how good I thought "Vitalogy" was, and the band actually called her back (she was on some waiting list) to sell her tickets a week before the show! This chick, who was a KNOCKOUT, asked me to go to the show with her sister and some other little girl.  So I got to go, nobody else could, everybody was all jealous, lol.  I'll never forget that...

Then, I saw them about 2 years ago, too, when they were touring for yield or whatever that album was out then.  I didn't really like the newer stuff, I just went to see the old stuff.  It was a great show, Eddie Vedder's a good singer, I dont' agree with his politics or philosophys at all, though.

"Long Road" was awesome.  great, great song, I'll bet most people wouldn't like it though.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2003, 06:38:10 PM by Scorpion »

Suga Foot

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2003, 08:06:12 PM »
They aight.  I used to have all their cd's up to when Vitalogy came out.  I'm not really into them anymore tho.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2003, 07:28:48 PM »
i like/liked them alot

the only reason why i put liked is cuz there was a kid in my chemistry class in high school who use to talk to me about them ALL the time last year and it kinda turned me off to them . dude was like obsessed like a BSB fan or somethin.

eddie vedder=DAAAAAAAAAMN good singer

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

TheSheriff

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2003, 07:45:08 AM »
My main love for them is because of their astoundingly good lyrics.