Author Topic: Man shot after 50 Cent's Toronto concert  (Read 79 times)

mrtonguetwista

Man shot after 50 Cent's Toronto concert
« on: July 02, 2003, 07:17:01 PM »
TORONTO -- Canada Day celebrations turned ugly last night when a young man who had just left a hip-hop concert with some friends was shot several times.

Witnesses said the man and a group of friends were leaving the Jay-Z and 50 Cent concert at the Molson Amphitheatre and were walking through Ontario Place around 10:30 p.m. when he was shot several times in the head and upper body.

Paolo, 18, a concert-goer who was walking not far from the victim, heard the shots ring out. At first he thought they were fireworks until he turned around and saw the flashes and smoke from the gun, and the people scattering for cover.

"All I saw was the sparks, at least seven of them," he said. "It looked like they were coming from behind them."

THOUGHT SHOTS WERE FIREWORKS

There were dozens of people leaving the concert through Ontario Place on Newfoundland Rd. when the shots were fired, said Paolo, who wouldn't give his last name.

People carried on walking even after the shots were fired as most believed the gunshots were Canada Day fireworks exploding over their heads, he said.

"We all thought they were fireworks," said Paolo, who went to check on the victim when he saw what had happened.

"He was laying there with his arm over his head, bleeding from the head," he said.

Police and paramedics fought bumper-to-bumper traffic leaving Ontario Place in order to get to the victim, believed to be in his late teens or early 20s.

He was rushed to St. Michael's hospital where he remained in very critical condition early today.

Police said the shooter took off on foot and jumped into a dark coloured sport utility vehicle with tinted windows. No description of the gunman was available.  

Wasn't a man murdered for his vehicle after he left a 50 concert at the House of Blues a couple of months ago?

JTSimon

Re:Man shot after 50 Cent's Toronto concert
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2003, 07:31:01 PM »
lol some guy got carjacked/murdered outside a 50 cent concert in Hollywood.
50 Cent music makes everyone violent. After a 50 Cent concert I saw a group of lesbos fighting in the parking lot it was better than the whole concert and yes I saw some big asian titties. ;D
« Last Edit: July 02, 2003, 07:39:24 PM by 5 »

PLANT

Re:Man shot after 50 Cent's Toronto concert
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2003, 09:12:22 PM »
Yo I was just out with my buddy Luke and he knew the guy who got shot.  He's from Hamilton I guess, and he said that someone just started pumping out rounds.  Thats really sad right there.  People go to have a good time and that kinda shit happens.  Damn RIP to the homie, and this also sucks because it puts a bad name in hiphhop concerts in general.