Author Topic: your reactions to the death of 2pac  (Read 252 times)

Immortal

your reactions to the death of 2pac
« on: July 03, 2003, 02:01:46 PM »
how did u feel when u heard bout pac being shot at in 96. personally i  heard bout this in 98-99 and i was new to the rap game then. i was schocked a lil cause they were sellin his cds like greatest hits at that time n in skools, kids were havin 2pac back packs. no one thouth that the rapper was dead caus e he was gettin heard newly at that time. i was in UAE, Dubai at the time.
"Tha Immortality of my Fame is the measure of others torture..."--GZA

UnstoppableForce

Re:your reactions to the death of 2pac
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2003, 02:10:31 PM »
One of my friends called me at like 6 in the morning (couple hours after the incident) and was like "2Pac got killed man". I was like "STFU man I'm trying to sleep. Stop prankin me faggot." Then when I woke up again and turned on the TV, I was like "daaaaaaaamnn". It was a sad moment. I just started thinkin back on his songs and lyrics, and the shit he said started seeming more realistic than ever before. I thought about how rap would be without him, and I pulled out my Pac collection and listened to all his CD's for weeks. He truely was the greatest. His lyrics really have an impact on your mind. RIP :'(

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2003, 02:14:38 PM »
I was shocked for a few hours, but thats it

Suga Foot

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2003, 02:29:40 PM »
I was shocked for a few hours, but thats it

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2003, 02:30:09 PM »
When he first got shot I told everyone he was going to live cause I thought he was like superman since he survived the other one. When I found out he died I was shocked and in a bad mood.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2003, 03:09:12 PM »
I heard about it on MTV... I was shocked when I heard it, then I was kinda down & passive the rest of the day. I felt better soon afterwards. Wasn't devastated or anything like that.

Desoto Loco

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • D.P.G. 4 Life! Y.A. Or Nuthin'!
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2003, 03:12:32 PM »
I became a 2Pac fan lately that summer in 96 and as I heard about the shooting and that he is in hospital, I was thinkin he would make it, he survived the other one, so he will do it again. But then days later they reported about his death on TV and I was like: "Damn, cant believe this shit".
But I wasnt trippin  that much, just bumped his shit like everyday.

Frank The Rabbit

• Lil Geezy
  • Feel the bass
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2003, 03:31:55 PM »
wtf pac is dead?! all these albums comin out over the last few years, coulda fooled me.

What's crackalakin' Donnie?

OutSider

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2003, 05:58:53 PM »
man, that was some time ago.. i was about 12-13 back then.. still in middle school smoking on that mary-jane...  At that time i was a huge fan of 2pac, dre, bone thugs, frost, warren G... and so forth.. but i really dont remember it being a huge deal.. since eazy-e passed away a couple of years before... of HIV... Also i was in Middle school when 2pac passed away.. and the teacher's werent too educated on the hip hop communities.. and come off as.. oh well.. thats life.. when you do bad things... but.. when easy passed i was in the 6th grade..... still in elementry school.. It seemed like it had a bigger impacted.. because our class had serveral class room discussion over it.... mostly because of what were the causes of death.. easy dying of HIV and growing up in a hood with the majority.. being black... but now that i really look back on it.. eazy e's death.. was the one.. i remember the most.. and how it impacted the commuity.. and kids in my hood...

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2003, 01:35:53 AM »
I just sat and watched mtv for about 3 hours. Couldn't believe it. Still makes me sad thinking about that day.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2003, 09:29:38 AM »
I wasn't a fan yet back then...only in early 97 I started listening to hip-hop (which is kinda rare in Belgium if you're 12-13 years old)
But I can imagine if you're a Pac fan around 96, and you hear the news...that you're kinda "down" for a few days, I know I would...DEFINITELY.

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2003, 11:36:29 AM »
i was like "he died??.. damn.. what a shame" ... then i continued with my life...

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2003, 02:34:06 AM »
I remember him getting shot. I swear everyone thought he was superman or something, 'cause we swear he would pull through. When he did die, people were sad as hell. I could not believe it at all. I was sad for days. Pink was sad too, but I had lost the only person at the time that could talk to me, and tell me my life without knowing me. From the drug addict mother, to feeling death around you 24/7, to the anger of friends that betray you. 2Pac said everything I was feeling, and he did it well. Me Against the World got played a lot that day, as I said good bye to my favorite rapper. And because of all the straight 2Pac buying spree, I didn't buy Makaveli for a while, because I felt everyone buying his shit cheapen my relationship with 'Pac as a fan. I always was a 'Pac fan, and everyone else buying his shit made me stay away for a while. So until late '97, I aviod 'Pac. Weird, you'd think I lost a person that was close to me the way I reacted. Oh well. RIP 'Pac.

mauzip

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2003, 03:03:24 AM »
i didn't know about it until i started to be interested in rap

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2003, 05:13:50 AM »
i didn't know about it until i started to be interested in rap
2 months ago??