Author Topic: American football=A wussy's rugby  (Read 538 times)

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
American football=A wussy's rugby
« on: July 07, 2003, 04:07:09 AM »
i mean seriouly,the guys have like 50 pounds of protective gear on. an a "play" lasts all of 5 seconds while a time out is like 30 seconds long an usually is along the lines of :"give me the ball an i'll pass it to the open guy"
then the pass doesn't work an another time out happens "OK that didn't work....this time give me the ball an i'll run with it"

personally i think rugby is WAY better an actually needs guts to play ,cause u don't have armor protecting  every millimeter of ur body.

opinions: which is better rugby or football?

Sub-Z

Re:American football=A wussy's rugby
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2003, 08:46:34 AM »
all you people do is bash american sports. and football is better

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2003, 09:18:13 AM »
"all you people do is bash american sports"
not all american sports....just football,i kinda like baseball an sumtimes watch.....what other american sports r there ? basketball is canadian right?

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2003, 09:38:55 AM »
I agree... I think rugby is a better sport.. Wouldnt say American Football is for wussys but i defo like rugby more.... and i also love to play too

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2003, 11:44:10 AM »
I agree... I think rugby is a better sport.. Wouldnt say American Football is for wussys but i defo like rugby more.... and i also love to play too

Yeah i played that sport a couple of times, to.
But its not for kids, cuz when 3 dudes jump up on you and you dont even have any helmet on (i dint, lol) then it aint that funny.
"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2003, 12:09:53 PM »
Lets see you play football?

I bet you if you tell any NFL player that football is a wussy sport, I'd bet you that they would either beat the crap out of you or they would put you in the equipment and make you take a hit from John Lynch or any other NFL player.

You'd be in the hospital for a while.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2003, 12:13:02 PM »
even though I dont like the NFL.....these guys are monsters...and you need the protection or else one of those LB tackles can kill ya

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2003, 10:05:31 PM »
"even though I dont like the NFL.....these guys are monsters...and you need the protection or else one of those LB tackles can kill ya"

they r monsters ,but have u seen sum rugby players?i mean damn they'll make sum NFL players become human speed bumps...an they still don't wear protective gear

"I bet you if you tell any NFL player that football is a wussy sport, I'd bet you that they would either beat the crap out of you or they would put you in the equipment and make you take a hit from John Lynch or any other NFL player."

fine ,i'm not affraid of a beat down, then after they attack me an i leave the hospital i'll sue theyr overpayed asses an become a millionaire ;D, an fact is of course I'LL get injured by a tackle  from an NFL player cause i'm not pumping steroids into my body on a daily basis,or working out for like 16 hours a day..

"But its not for kids, cuz when 3 dudes jump up on you and you dont even have any helmet on (i dint, lol) then it aint that funny."

deffinately not , i been tackled many times an it's not exactly what u would call "quality time" lol

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2003, 11:01:28 PM »
oh god you foriegners must have small penises and ignorant minds or something becuase most American Football players respect rugby and or like it. Flat out .....if you strapped up some austrailian rugby dude up, and put him up against  peeps like mike vick  and ray lewis , he'd get JUST AS FUCKED UP ! the reason why american football players wear pads is becuase

1. football, unlike rugby, isn't meant to be THAT violent. it's more strategic , it's like chess. all those plays are like a chess players moves. again, i don't get how you "educated" european peeps can say americans are dumb when we appreciate a sport centered around wit.

2. football is a family sport. kids growing up play it, like me. when i was in the 6th grade i started playing. as a parent do you want your kids playing with a great chance of getting hurt. as a kid do you want to play gay ass 2 hand touch? answer to both is NO. so the best way to meet in the middle is pads

3. professionally and collegantly , it's going to maintain your team. do you think the dallas cowboys would've gotten far if troy aikman got a concussion EVERY GAME and not 1 time a season. hell naw. and as a fan, would you rather see your favorite player play as much as he can? hell yeah.

4. what does more violence prove? nothing really , all you're proving is that you feel the need to prove your man hood  ::)

5. the athletes we got playing in the NFL, are A WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE lot bigger better and nastier than any pro rugby player, that's on the real, i'd LOVE to see some rugby players go head up with our best , on the reall you ain't seeing us. and it definately doesn't help you're argument when quite a few NFL players also play rugby too.

both are respectable sports , they really are but when you break down the 2 football is absolutely the overall better sport

if you wanna call it wussy .....get on the field and take a hit from warren sapp

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2003, 11:20:35 PM »
LoL I lost count of how many times topics like these have been made in Sports and Entertainment.

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

pappy

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2003, 11:21:42 PM »
oh god you foriegners must have small penises and ignorant minds or something becuase most American Football players respect rugby and or like it. Flat out .....if you strapped up some austrailian rugby dude up, and put him up against  peeps like mike vick  and ray lewis , he'd get JUST AS FUCKED UP ! the reason why american football players wear pads is becuase

1. football, unlike rugby, isn't meant to be THAT violent. it's more strategic , it's like chess. all those plays are like a chess players moves. again, i don't get how you "educated" european peeps can say americans are dumb when we appreciate a sport centered around wit.

2. football is a family sport. kids growing up play it, like me. when i was in the 6th grade i started playing. as a parent do you want your kids playing with a great chance of getting hurt. as a kid do you want to play gay ass 2 hand touch? answer to both is NO. so the best way to meet in the middle is pads

3. professionally and collegantly , it's going to maintain your team. do you think the dallas cowboys would've gotten far if troy aikman got a concussion EVERY GAME and not 1 time a season. hell naw. and as a fan, would you rather see your favorite player play as much as he can? hell yeah.

4. what does more violence prove? nothing really , all you're proving is that you feel the need to prove your man hood  ::)

5. the athletes we got playing in the NFL, are A WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE lot bigger better and nastier than any pro rugby player, that's on the real, i'd LOVE to see some rugby players go head up with our best , on the reall you ain't seeing us. and it definately doesn't help you're argument when quite a few NFL players also play rugby too.

both are respectable sports , they really are but when you break down the 2 football is absolutely the overall better sport

if you wanna call it wussy .....get on the field and take a hit from warren sapp
jake it aint even worth tryin to break it down to these foreignors

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2003, 01:25:37 AM »

Yeah i played that sport a couple of times, to.
But its not for kids, cuz when 3 dudes jump up on you and you dont even have any helmet on (i dint, lol) then it aint that funny.

lol word.. I had fat lips, pulled hamstrings n shit.. and i wasnt even playin 4 team

I aint dissin football im jus sayin that i dont like to watch it.. i aint neva played it cause i dont really get it (lol) i know for a fact them guys are monsters too.

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2003, 09:29:29 AM »
"if you wanna call it wussy .....get on the field and take a hit from warren sapp"

oh god...again with the take a tackle from guy "X" an see how that feels.......look fact is i'm not dissin the players i'm dissin the conditions they play in. i mean come on i'm not gonna say a 600 pound guy is NOT a monster because he is.
look at it this way,if "warren sapp" tackled u while u were wearing a football uniform would it hurt as much as it would if u were wearing a rugby uniform?No. chances r a tackle in rugby from warren sapp would CRUSH ur ribs.but in football the effect is much less damaging.....
therefore football is a wussy sport compared to rugby.
cause well if 3 guys fall on u in football u got a helmet to protect ur face,but in rugby it could easily leave u fucked up,just ask my cousin,he ended up with a broken nose an a black eye .....an he was playing with sum 14 year olds.

I agree football is more strategy based blah blah blah

"the athletes we got playing in the NFL, are A WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE lot bigger better and nastier than any pro rugby player"

again ...not dissing the players i'm dissing the conditions they play in.

Personally i find footabll too slow ,an the plays r too short to enjoy.

"oh god you foriegners must have small penises and ignorant minds or something becuase most American Football players respect rugby and or like it"

what does penis size have anything to do with this..it seems u americans pull out the "ur penis must be small" card everytime u feel offended...

an so what if NFL players respect an or like rugby? is this thread titled "NFL players r disrespecting Rugby"?no

"LoL I lost count of how many times topics like these have been made in Sports and Entertainment."

well sports an entertainment has been boring with the 100 hulk hogan threads so i thought i'd revisit an old classic "diss american sports" it's sure to piss ppl off an hey bad emotion is better than no emotions

pappy

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2003, 09:42:49 AM »
i take the only games  have watched have been super bowls of the past.  an umm u say there is a time out every play.  im possible considering you only get 3 time outs a half

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2003, 10:17:55 AM »
it aint even worth tryin to break it down to these foreignors

Not getting involved in the main argument but Tom you're a foreigner on this board, remember what country runs this