Author Topic: What makes an artist pop?  (Read 354 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re:What makes an artist pop?
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2003, 03:44:50 AM »
you don't think i know that c-murder got locked up for shooting up some fool ? whatever ::)

all of the south was down with no limit and cash money at a time too......what "genious" those musicians are .....BAD POINT SVG , BAD POINT

and thank god for Outkast and goodie mob  and the d.o.c a few of the only good things to come out of the southern crap i mean rap scene

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

S.G.V.

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2003, 03:48:58 AM »
you don't think i know that c-murder got locked up for shooting up some fool ? whatever ::)

all of the south was down with no limit and cash money at a time too......what "genious" those musicians are .....BAD POINT SVG , BAD POINT

and thank god for Outkast and goodie mob  and the d.o.c a few of the only good things to come out of the southern crap i mean rap scene
lmao...bringin up c-murder was a bad point...and spellin my name wrong...WOW! ur a funny...lol...no limit fell off due to master p's unwillingness to change...flip is willing to change with the times...cash money was the same as p...but they changed with the times...and look...theyre bubblin again...so...ur makin bad points...haha...and really...u dont know about the south...ur like the majority...ur the people i made this thread for...ur so stuck in ur bias that the south is wack...that u wont open ur ears...but oh well...thats ur loss...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2003, 03:58:25 AM »
your argument is getting way old right now

first of all you're wrong about p not changing, i never saw a more blatant jacker of the current trends than him and his crew dating back to 96'. so you fucked up this argument

cash money as a lable is pretty much on an IV as far as i'm concerned , yeah baby might have a couple hit songs but who else is doing shit on that lable......no one , they tried to blow wayne up again....flop. big deal  though my whole point with no limit and cash money is that they're both TRASHHHHHHHHHHH and they OWNED the south A LOT more than flip did and acording to you , you said all of the south is flip's fan base...........well thank you sgv or whatever the fuck your name is, you just proved my point all the south must be is little kids and ignorant rap fans.........i don't know WHY you're defending such crap, next you're going to come out saying that Destiny's child is the all time greatest girl group and that vanilla ice should be considered a GOAT cuz  ice ice baby had girls shaking their ass and showing their tits back in 90'......man your shallow

S.G.V.

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2003, 04:04:40 AM »
your argument is getting way old right now

first of all you're wrong about p not changing, i never saw a more blatant jacker of the current trends than him and his crew dating back to 96'. so you fucked up this argument

cash money as a lable is pretty much on an IV as far as i'm concerned , yeah baby might have a couple hit songs but who else is doing shit on that lable......no one , they tried to blow wayne up again....flop. big deal  though my whole point with no limit and cash money is that they're both TRASHHHHHHHHHHH and they OWNED the south A LOT more than flip did and acording to you , you said all of the south is flip's fan base...........well thank you sgv or whatever the fuck your name is, you just proved my point all the south must be is little kids and ignorant rap fans.........i don't know WHY you're defending such crap, next you're going to come out saying that Destiny's child is the all time greatest girl group and that vanilla ice should be considered a GOAT cuz  ice ice baby had girls shaking their ass and showing their tits back in 90'......man your shallow
lmao...there goes ur bias again...when P blew up...he changed from a west coast style...to a bounce/crunk south style...and he stayed that way til they faded...usin the same beat by the pound productions...they never changed...and wayne is comin up...believe it...hes gettin a big followin underground with his mixtapes...baby and the big tymers threw cash money out there again...so please...and go to the south...ull see people in their 20s bumpin flip...ur bias...u swear the music u listen to is so high and mighty...lmao...how are they ignorant for likin flip?...explain that....its crap to u...because ur bias....and i could careless about destinys child...and u know DAMN WELL..u were singin along with vanilla ice...lmao...u love callin me shallow...yet ur the one makin shallow comments...lmao workin at mcdonalds...haha

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2003, 04:13:58 AM »
you answered your own question when you asked how are they ignorant when they listen to lil flip......the fact that they listen to him like he's a serious artist proves a point. and i really don't care what the southerners are bumping over there.....you really said it all when you said the south ,academically the stupidest area of the world.

P jumped on the jock of cash money when they came out, now he's trying to be like all these throw back jersey rappers ...

and if i was singing a long to vanilla ice......at least i was like 7 and too young and ignorant  to know the difference, not like i was teenager like you still lisening to crap like that ....

and so what if i work at mc donald's, i make more money than most of my friends with "cooler jobs". i'm a fucking student where else am i going to work Kern Medical center?

beaner please you know you lost an argument when you gotta get deeply personal

S.G.V.

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2003, 04:16:13 AM »
you answered your own question when you asked how are they ignorant when they listen to lil flip......the fact that they listen to him like he's a serious artist proves a point. and i really don't care what the southerners are bumping over there.....you really said it all when you said the south ,academically the stupidest area of the world.

P jumped on the jock of cash money when they came out, now he's trying to be like all these throw back jersey rappers ...

and if i was singing a long to vanilla ice......at least i was like 7 and too young and ignorant  to know the difference, not like i was teenager like you still lisening to crap like that ....

and so what if i work at mc donald's, i make more money than most of my friends with "cooler jobs". i'm a fucking student where else am i going to work Kern Medical center?

lmao...u do know cali is like 49th in education right?...lmao...really man...what do u got against the south?...haha...damn...u say im gettin personal...but ur throwin the jabs man...u cant take em...then dont throw em...and remember...this is the net...dont catch feelings...oh yea...ima student...but i got a good job...i know plenty of students with good jobs...why are u different?...lol

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2003, 04:21:35 AM »
cali might be 49th in the nation but the kern highschool district is like 15th in the nation .....

and you can cap on mc'y d'z all you want, i like it there, and it get my car payment payed that's all i care about.

S.G.V.

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2003, 04:24:13 AM »
cali might be 49th in the nation but the kern highschool district is like 15th in the nation .....

and you can cap on mc'y d'z all you want, i like it there, and it get my car payment payed that's all i care about.
all im sayin is...callin the south the "academically stupidest" while u live in cali...one of the dumbest states...is hypocritical and contradicting...and i was just clownin...i didnt know u would get all upset about it(the mcdonalds thing)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2003, 04:30:20 AM »
actually the south is the dumbest area ,it has the highest rate of illiteracy . california has the lowest test scores and that's only because  most of the people who take those test at the end of the year make designs in on the scan tron, because it doesn't affect their grades at all and is seen as a big waste of time. but of corse you didn't see that on 20/20.

and i'm not getting emotional about my job, i welcome any diss you can throw at me for it, i take it with a grain of salt.

S.G.V.

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2003, 04:37:59 AM »
actually the south is the dumbest area ,it has the highest rate of illiteracy . california has the lowest test scores and that's only because  most of the people who take those test at the end of the year make designs in on the scan tron, because it doesn't affect their grades at all and is seen as a big waste of time. but of corse you didn't see that on 20/20.

and i'm not getting emotional about my job, i welcome any diss you can throw at me for it, i take it with a grain of salt.
lmao...were still second to last academically...whether or not "we" look at tests as wastes of time...we rank lower than 48 other states...and a majority of those states are in the south...

S.G.V.

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2003, 04:53:09 AM »
lock this...

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2003, 07:29:05 AM »
my poop artist wasnt deliberate.. :-[ But i'll leave it there for amusment  8)

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2003, 08:30:59 AM »
For me, a "pop artist" is a mainstream successfull artist, it dosnt neccesseraly mean he's a sell out or anything, its just that the artist is popular and I cant hate on that

Hater Player

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2003, 07:57:40 PM »

hey gringo shut da fuck up

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2003, 02:06:14 AM »
^lmao @ me being a gringo, lol