Author Topic: cheap car insurance in the uk?  (Read 570 times)

JTSimon

Re:cheap car insurance in the uk?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2003, 08:08:32 PM »

No...by then you will have experience driving on the road.

On the insurance policy you should be listed as a driver. Cheaper that way.

So you're planning to put the insurance on your parents until you are 40 ??
I don't know what rules yall got over there.. but over here you gotta earn your bonus.. putting the insurance on your parents only means that you will still have to earn your own bonus when you eventually get your own inurance.

Ok in America all listed people on the insurance earn bonus(credit). Now if I went out and got an insurance policy alone as a first time driver it would be really expensive. But if my mom (a driver with 15 years experience (clean record)) signed up the policy and put me on as an additional driver the insurance would be cheaper and I still would be earning bonus(credit) for driving a vehicle. So when I start my own policy I would have some years of experience.

;D get it

Jome

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2003, 08:58:00 PM »
Ok in America all listed people on the insurance earn bonus(credit). Now if I went out and got an insurance policy alone as a first time driver it would be really expensive. But if my mom (a driver with 15 years experience (clean record)) signed up the policy and put me on as an additional driver the insurance would be cheaper and I still would be earning bonus(credit) for driving a vehicle. So when I start my own policy I would have some years of experience.

;D get it

Ahh... that system is different than ours..
Here, only one person can get the bonus.. and they don't count any "2nd driver"..
They make more money that way.. lol

elneckio

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2003, 09:35:01 AM »
Well you've already done the first ones that jumped to my mind, so heres one that hasn't been mentioned :

elephant / admiral (same outfit but different prices !)
"just do what he says.. i find to my expense he's always right." ... Overseer 24/04/02

Don Seer

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2003, 09:40:07 AM »
^ read my post more closely dude ;)  i mentioned heffalump

bez

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2003, 09:47:30 AM »
Me mar has just got the new Micra and it is pimp.  I am gettin lessons very soon so hopefulyl in like under a year I cud be crusing in that.  Gangsta. lol

Don Seer

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2003, 09:47:37 AM »

;D get it

Ahh... that system is different than ours..
Here, only one person can get the bonus.. and they don't count any "2nd driver"..
They make more money that way.. lol

yup same here...

people have at least 5 variables that affect things

1) experience. (over 2 years is cheaper)
2) age (over 25 is cheaper)
3) no claims bonus from being a primary policy holder. (you get no 'no claims' if you havent been a policy holder.. i.e. named drivers dont build up no claims )
4) if you're married with kids is cheaper (you're more responsible)
5) if you own your own home

elneckio

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2003, 01:23:28 PM »
^ read my post more closely dude ;)  i mentioned heffalump

admiral still worth a shout though as they come up with different prices.
"just do what he says.. i find to my expense he's always right." ... Overseer 24/04/02

Jome

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2003, 08:28:41 PM »

yup same here...

people have at least 5 variables that affect things

1) experience. (over 2 years is cheaper)
2) age (over 25 is cheaper)
3) no claims bonus from being a primary policy holder. (you get no 'no claims' if you havent been a policy holder.. i.e. named drivers dont build up no claims )
4) if you're married with kids is cheaper (you're more responsible)
5) if you own your own home

6) Being a girl makes it cheaper..  ::)

They're maybe going to remove that one..
old research say that women are more responsible in traffic.
new research say that women causes the most accidents..

Women in traffic...........

Don Seer

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2003, 01:32:02 AM »
lol... i've found that sex doesnt seem to matter..some people driving are just plain dumb!

HHH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "hello!!"
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2003, 01:50:27 AM »
Women in traffic...........

lmao  ;D women are great drivers  :P

Don Seer

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2003, 06:08:17 AM »
how many times u failed your test now love? :P

... sorry i know its a cheap shot.. ya know i mean no harm :)

HHH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "hello!!"
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2003, 06:10:43 AM »
lol  ;D  ;)

ive failed 3 times !!  :o

the thing is i can drive.......ive been having lessons since last august but youve gotta be 100% perfect on the day  :P

Don Seer

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2003, 06:11:54 AM »
yeah I know how that be... I got mine 2nd time.. only failed first time coz I was over confident and took a risk that the instructor didnt like. it helped steady me a bit I think.

just be glad i didnt start drivin at 17.. coz i was a wild ass kid :)   i had a car back then but sold it (before i learned to drive it) to buy a computer coz i needed one for college.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2003, 06:14:12 AM by Overseer »

HHH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "hello!!"
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2003, 06:14:24 AM »
its such a pain in the arse failing.....all i wanna do is drive me shitty polo around oxford....do me shoppin....see me mum.....that kinda thing  ::)

Don Seer

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2003, 06:20:24 AM »
yeah i know how that feels....when i failed it was nov.. just before xmas.. so I was all depressed over xmas 2001.. lol

plus i had my retest booked for jan 2nd.. realised thats a kinda bad day.. so rebooked it and got a date in feb... so took 3 months to do my retest.. didnt have lessons from mid nov -> jan.. but i was still driving my car with someone experienced here and there to keep mah skillz up. :)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2003, 06:21:22 AM by Overseer »