Author Topic: Making the Band.  (Read 229 times)

Trauma-san

Making the Band.
« on: July 10, 2003, 08:06:23 PM »
Puff Daddy.

I've been watching that "making the band" stuff they have on MTV, and I've got a TON of respect for puffy.   I think, and still believe that at least in the past, he was a shady character, he may have been involved in pac's shooting, it's certainly not beneath him.  Also, early in his career, he promoted a concert where the stands collapsed and killed a few kids, too, so he's definately got some dirt under his nails.

... But, with that said, I have a lot of respect for him.  This making the band show has really shown me what he's about.  He's about business, and respect; There's a reason Biggie stuck so close to him, Puffy is a success, one way or the other.  He works his ass off, and he takes care of business.  

On this show, basically, he's put together a band, by choosing the best rappers out of the pool.  He's got like 6 or 7 rappers, and 1 singer.  In the previous episodes, he was complaining that there weren't that many that were that talented.  Finally, he picks these guys.

One of them comes to him, he's going to jail... Puff wrote a letter to the judge, saying the guy had potential and was trying to turn his  life around, and the judge let the dude off!  So, that's just a lil' background.

Then, they've just arrived in New York, where they think they're gonna start this rap album, Puff tells them he has a nice house for them, then won't let them go inside, tells them that they're going to have to earn the house, and tells them they're staying at Best Western, LOL.

So he puts them up in this hotel in downtown Manhattan, and they're all bitching NON STOP about every little thing.  He sends his guy over to get them up, so they can go work out in the park, they bitch bitch bitch.  

Finally, they've got a meeting with him, and they think he's gonna be like 'bam' start the album right there.  They come in, and he gets them all to freestyle, then, they all start complaining about shit.  One guy goes "I'm hungry!" and puff goes "I'm hungry too.  You know what, I'm hungry too! How hungry are you?" then says he wants to eat some cheesecake and asks them if they'll walk to Brooklyn to buy him some cheesecake (It's a 3 hour walk) they all start bitching, he sends them out on the street, they're crying, blah blah blah, saying he's making them his bitch, blah blah blah.

They come back upstairs, like they're gonna tell him they won't do it.. .he meets them in the hallway and is like "What's up? Hey guys!!" (LOL it's hilarious). They tell him they're not going, and he goes "oh, o.k... well, yall can just go back home then, have a nice trip!" and walks off, LOL.

They go downstairs, and start bitching, he comes out, and FLIPS THE HELL OUT.  He points one dude out, and says, "Man, I got you out of jail, and you won't even go buy a piece of cake for me?" then he tells them that there's gonna be a lot of things they don't want to do in showbusiness, and they won't do this as nobodys, he "Sure don't wanna fuck with yall when you're millionaires you ain't gonna want to do shit".

= GENIUS.  He's totally right, and he totally proved the point.  They were all saying they'd do anythign for a contract, and now he's got them signed, they won't even walk New York.  

Eventually, he goes back in, they go to get his cake, make it back, and he's gone home for the night, LOL.

The next day, he had them rap them Biggie's Juicy, they didn't know the words, he flipped the hell out.  One of them started complaining, and he started yelling "Miami's calling you!!!! It's gettin' Hot in here!!!! and to tell you the truth,.... YOU WEREn'T EVEN THAT NICE!! You're NOT THAT NICE!!!"

He's flippin the hell out in front of these people, LOL.  

It's just cool seeing him trying to teach them a lesson, showing them Biggie had to struggle to make it, and talking to them about Rapper's Delight and stuff.  He made them read Russell Simmon's biography, etc.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re:Making the Band.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2003, 08:13:35 PM »
i like chopper, the fat guy and the girl suck, that other guy is ok, but funny looking, and that bentley guy dresses cool as shit

Bigg AG

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2003, 01:12:44 AM »
hehe its making the bitch... im out!!!

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2003, 01:39:06 AM »
lol that show is actually better than the new Real world they got now

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Noon Bank$

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bankin' It
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2003, 10:49:50 AM »
I fuckin love this show.
Choppa and Babs are the good 1s..I hate that r&b bitch.  Bently is great.

Babs fucked up Ness. But then again Ness was like "If u can stand up to me like a n**ga..you can hit tha floor like a n**ga"

Sub-Z

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2003, 04:57:42 PM »
that show is horrible

they made one whole episode about them walking to brooklyn and getting fuckin cheesecake WTF!?!

another whole episode with them reading that russel simmons autobiography.lmao @ the 2 retards of the group almost got into a fight. ALL YOU GOTTA DO IS TOUGHT ME DAWG. lmfao

S.G.V.

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2003, 07:07:21 PM »
fred and dylan are the two artists that have real potential...chopper sounds too much like lil wayne to get his own indentity...ness is a generic rapper...babs is a generic rapper...sarah is an aight singer...but puffy is just makin money off them...this show is nothin but free publicity...thats why puff runs shit...

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2003, 10:06:31 PM »
^^ Exactly, he's the shit.  Business Genius.  Doesn't he have an office in MTV's building?  Dude has MTV wrapped around his little finger.  Any band he makes will get their videos played non-stop on mtv, instant platinum.  Look at that little girl band he put together.  Nothing special, 2 million sold (I believe).   I can't hate, it's a direct result of his intelligence, and hard work (in my opinion).  

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2003, 10:10:44 PM »
Puff Daddy is Tha Man..No Doubt about that

S.G.V.

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2003, 11:27:01 PM »
^^ Exactly, he's the shit.  Business Genius.  Doesn't he have an office in MTV's building?  Dude has MTV wrapped around his little finger.  Any band he makes will get their videos played non-stop on mtv, instant platinum.  Look at that little girl band he put together.  Nothing special, 2 million sold (I believe).   I can't hate, it's a direct result of his intelligence, and hard work (in my opinion).  
its directly across from mtv studios...as far as i know..diddy has bet and mtv around his finger...i got so much respect for diddy...he makes solid LPs...they may not have mind bending lyicrs...but they damn sure have great production...and are catchy as hell...as a business man...there are none better...

keevva

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2003, 01:42:09 PM »
i enjoy watching the series but it is unfortunate that the people on the show are a bunch of ignorant juvenile deliquents.  while every mtv series involves fighting (drama = ratings) we all know what whites are thinking when they watch this show: blacks don't know how to act.  i hate to say it but what the hell IS wrong with these kids? why can't they just act right? the camera's are rolling, can't they atleast attempt to make their families proud instead of embarrassed??  
the year of tupac's return

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2003, 02:05:48 PM »
^, they are black....