Author Topic: Jones to Fight Tyson in Kenya this Fall  (Read 492 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re:Jones to Fight Tyson in Kenya this Fall
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2003, 09:56:20 PM »
I look at it like this. Roy is a great boxer, his place in history will go up there with Sugar Ray Robinson, Muhammad Ali, Sugar Ray Leonard, and Joe Luis. Greatness doesn't lose. Tyson will be there with great boxing villians, great punchers the the great boxers beat like Tommy Hearn, Sonny Listen, a young George Foreman and Jack Dempsey. Great punchers, but are bound to get beat. Lennox is a great boxer, but isn't great unless his sharing the spotlight. His a bigger version of Joe Frazier, or Larry Holmes. Vitali is a good fighter looking for a shot, that one fight to make him great, like all great when they are young, though Vitali is 31 already... lol. In the end, I see either Vitali or Roy Jones coming out as the champ. Vitali is going to be Lennox, and Roy will beat Tyson, because Tyson doesn't want it anymore. Then Vitali and Roy will fight, and that will be great.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2003, 07:57:12 AM »
If Vitali Klitschko beats Lewis I will leave this board forever

It's not going to happen

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2003, 09:13:39 AM »
I look at it like this. Roy is a great boxer, his place in history will go up there with Sugar Ray Robinson, Muhammad Ali, Sugar Ray Leonard, and Joe Luis. Greatness doesn't lose. Tyson will be there with great boxing villians, great punchers the the great boxers beat like Tommy Hearn, Sonny Listen, a young George Foreman and Jack Dempsey. Great punchers, but are bound to get beat. Lennox is a great boxer, but isn't great unless his sharing the spotlight. His a bigger version of Joe Frazier, or Larry Holmes. Vitali is a good fighter looking for a shot, that one fight to make him great, like all great when they are young, though Vitali is 31 already... lol. In the end, I see either Vitali or Roy Jones coming out as the champ. Vitali is going to be Lennox, and Roy will beat Tyson, because Tyson doesn't want it anymore. Then Vitali and Roy will fight, and that will be great.

All great boxers lose. And if Jones fights Tyson the way he fought Ruiz, then Tyson will KO Jones, on question about that. Jones wouldn't stand a chance against Lewis or Vitali because they're 6'5 to 6'7 230lbs to 250lbs. And if Lewis hits Jones the way he hit Vitali when he cut his eye then Jones is done. And if Vitali hits Jones with some of those shots that he was giving Lewis, then Jones is done.

Jones maybe a great fighter (he can't be put in the same class as Ali, or Louis) but when he's barely 6'0 and 200lbs, he stands no chance against Tyson, and defintyl has no chance against Lewis or Vitali.

Lewis will beat Vitali in the rematch.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2003, 11:37:57 AM »
Jones maybe a great fighter (he can't be put in the same class as Ali, or Louis) but when he's barely 6'0 and 200lbs, he stands no chance against Tyson, and defintyl has no chance against Lewis or Vitali.

Jones is a great fight in the same class as Ali and Louis, his proven it. Middleweight, Light Heavyweight, he did it all. Made Bernie Hopkins look like another chump. Had many other fighter afraid to see him. You think any fighter really wanted to have him move down in weight class to see them. Oscar De La Hoya, Hopkins, Tito, all of them didn't want to see him. So he moved to heavyweight. He will be know as one of the greatest pound for pound fighters with the Sugar Rays and Roberto Duran and Tommy Hearns.

Now as for why he would win. First off Tyson is done, and he was never that big in size. Now Tyson in 1988 would be a first round knockout, but Tyson isn't as fast as he used to be, his not as hungry. Tyson has issues that he needs to handle, but he can't because he needs to box to make money to pay off all the money Don King ripped of from him. Tyson is done as a fighter, his 37,38 and would retire if he could. Roy will fustrate Tyson, and Tyson will not hit Jones well, as Jones knows what his fighting. You act like Jones is going to let Tyson hit him. Please, would you. Vitali will beat Lewis because Lewis thinks he won the last fight, and wouldn't be any better prepared. This time I don't think Vitali will get hit like he did before. He'll knock out Lewis. If it wasn't for the cut, Lewis would have been knockout. Then we have Vitali vs. Roy, and Roy will treat Vitali like John Ruiz, because they move with the same grace in the ring *sarcasim* only Vitali hits a lot harder. Jones wouldn't get hit though. He wouldn't take a fight unless he knows he can win. I think Jones will win. He might lose to Lewis if that ever happens, but my money is on Roy winning that one too. That would be his tuffest fight, and Lewis is starting to look like his ready to leave boxing.

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2003, 12:45:43 PM »
this is bull shit news...its not signed...not even on cnnsi.com or espn..dont report fake rumors  >:(

Those are real quotes. Jones is going to Kenya to promote his fight in Kenya on November. It didn't say it was signed it said it was betwwen either Lewis or Tyson, but since Lewis is fighting Klitschko in the fall, it will be Tyson who will most likely face Jones in November. If you read the article you would see that the fight isn't signed but Jones will be fighting in Kenya on November 8.

Read before you make a stupid calm of a fake rumour.

To see where this article came from go to www.tsn.ca/boxing

Guess what I just checked ESPN's boxing site, and do you know what? The rumour there too. So don't say it's not on ESPN's website without checking it 1st. http://espn.go.com/boxing/index.html
its not set...theyre just talking about the possibility ::)...will never happen

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2003, 02:29:04 PM »
anybody that know bout boxing should know roy can't handle lewis...maybe tyson...but roy never fought somebody as strong as tyson before...mike will knock his ass out...

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2003, 02:33:15 PM »

Jones is a great fight in the same class as Ali and Louis, his proven it. Middleweight, Light Heavyweight, he did it all. Made Bernie Hopkins look like another chump. Had many other fighter afraid to see him. You think any fighter really wanted to have him move down in weight class to see them. Oscar De La Hoya, Hopkins, Tito, all of them didn't want to see him. So he moved to heavyweight. He will be know as one of the greatest pound for pound fighters with the Sugar Rays and Roberto Duran and Tommy Hearns.

Now as for why he would win. First off Tyson is done, and he was never that big in size. Now Tyson in 1988 would be a first round knockout, but Tyson isn't as fast as he used to be, his not as hungry. Tyson has issues that he needs to handle, but he can't because he needs to box to make money to pay off all the money Don King ripped of from him. Tyson is done as a fighter, his 37,38 and would retire if he could. Roy will fustrate Tyson, and Tyson will not hit Jones well, as Jones knows what his fighting. You act like Jones is going to let Tyson hit him. Please, would you. Vitali will beat Lewis because Lewis thinks he won the last fight, and wouldn't be any better prepared. This time I don't think Vitali will get hit like he did before. He'll knock out Lewis. If it wasn't for the cut, Lewis would have been knockout. Then we have Vitali vs. Roy, and Roy will treat Vitali like John Ruiz, because they move with the same grace in the ring *sarcasim* only Vitali hits a lot harder. Jones wouldn't get hit though. He wouldn't take a fight unless he knows he can win. I think Jones will win. He might lose to Lewis if that ever happens, but my money is on Roy winning that one too. That would be his tuffest fight, and Lewis is starting to look like his ready to leave boxing.

About fighters ducking Jones, you'll notice that Oscar De La Hoya
is only about 160lbs and it's not that easy to gain 30lbs to move up to Jones category. Hopkins was trying to get a fight with Jones, Hopkins was going to move up a weight class if Jones was willing to move down a weight class. But Jones didn't want to do that.
And Tito is 150-165lbs and is retired so there wasn't any chance of that fight.

Tyson has the punchers chance. Lewis will win the rematch because if you look at Lewis' history, everytime he's not ready for a fight and loses or looks bad. He trainers harder and destorys the guy in the rematch.

If you knew something about boxing you'll notice that you can't compare Vitali to Ruiz. Ruiz was a guy who against Jones didn't take any chances, and he kept on bending down to the height of Jones so he never really had a height advantage because Ruiz took that away. Vitali is way better then Ruiz and you can't compare the two.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2003, 08:25:09 PM »
About fighters ducking Jones, you'll notice that Oscar De La Hoya
is only about 160lbs and it's not that easy to gain 30lbs to move up to Jones category. Hopkins was trying to get a fight with Jones, Hopkins was going to move up a weight class if Jones was willing to move down a weight class. But Jones didn't want to do that.
And Tito is 150-165lbs and is retired so there wasn't any chance of that fight.

Tyson has the punchers chance. Lewis will win the rematch because if you look at Lewis' history, everytime he's not ready for a fight and loses or looks bad. He trainers harder and destorys the guy in the rematch.

If you knew something about boxing you'll notice that you can't compare Vitali to Ruiz. Ruiz was a guy who against Jones didn't take any chances, and he kept on bending down to the height of Jones so he never really had a height advantage because Ruiz took that away. Vitali is way better then Ruiz and you can't compare the two.

I'm saying is that Jones is already in the all time greats class. He made Hopkins look like a no name chump, and can do it again. His the first boxer to go from middleweight to heavyweight in over a hundred years, and did it in the so-called post-modern era when by know fact not even a great heavyweight can win against the new super-heavyweights. (Ruiz was suppose be be one, he was 235 after losing a lot of weight) Vitali and Ruiz have the same grace in the ring. Both are very clumsy, in fact I think Ruiz was more agile, but Vitali has WAY more power. Vitali wins all of his fights by knockout. But his never against great opponites, which makes knockouts easier to come by. Tyson is washed up. He doesn't want to fight no more. He will get beat everytime he fights a good fighter. He would retire if it wasn't for the debt Don King left him in. Lewis is also ready to retire, and Chris Byrd was right, he should. Lewis is done, his old, and he still doesn't think Vitali could beat him. He disrepected him even after the fight, and I doubt he'll try any harder, as he showed himself to be the prick that he is. Roy Jones is the only person in the heavyweight division, except Byrd, that is actually focused, and is in his prime. Byrd of course wouldn't get a fight because his a southpaw, and is not a knockout artist, but a fighter that makes people look bad. No promoter that is smart would promote him, so that leaves Jones as the person to defeat all these people. Lewis and Tyson will fall, they are too old, come on, 37 a piece for both of them. They only reason Lewis lasted this long was because he never fought no one until later in his career, and Tyson of course because he had a while in jail. Vitali is very powerful, and has finally shown heart. He could beat Jones, I don't think so, but it could happen. Lewis if he could show up ready, and actually in shape and if he can end it before the 4 round can too. After 4, his too old to last. Tyson again is done. He don't want it, he fights to get rid of debt. Byrd will never get a fight. And Vitali's younger brother, Whadmir, well he should be great in the future, but he needs to want it. He don't seem like it, losing to Cory Sanders, but we shall see.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2003, 12:09:34 AM by Batman »

-KuNiVaA-

• Lil Geezy
  • Belizean Pride!
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2003, 12:03:36 AM »
Tyson in one round, tyson's power is just wild.. did you see Clifford Etienne, i know he is a no name, but damn, that foo was a grown ass man and got knocked out.. lewis would get jones too, jones is good, but not great.  Also Klitzko will take Lewis, i cant wait for the rematch..
"Aiyyo, you betta flee Hobbes, or get your head flown three blocks, L keep rapper's hearts pumpin like Reeboks" - Big L

Woodrow

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2003, 02:05:48 AM »
If Vitali Klitschko beats Lewis I will leave this board forever

It's not going to happen
Quoting this Just in case!  ;)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2003, 02:06:01 AM by Engel-Rock AKA Dances With Bitch »

blacksmoke

• Lil Geezy
  • ~West Coast~
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2003, 02:43:52 AM »
Should b a dope fight

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2003, 07:51:47 AM »
Remember what Rahanm was saying about Lewis before their rematch? When he said that Lewis was too old and that he was done as a fighter. Then what happened in the fight? Lewis KO Rahanm with the biggest shot in the history of boxing, and that's now me saying that, that's boxing experts who say that.

Anyone who compares Vitali Klitschko to John Ruiz doesn't know a thing about boxing because Ruiz was a paper champ and not a good fighter. When faced a guy like Jones who was smaller and weighed less, what did Ruiz do? Instead of using his height to his advantage, he kept on bending down making him and Jones the same height. There goes advantage #1. Also in this fight Ruiz never tried to use any power shots. Jones would hit him, then Ruiz would wait 2 minutes before trying to punch Jones. And everytime Ruiz had Jones against the ropes or in the corner, he just let him go and didn't try punching him. There goes advantage #2. And a lot of the times when Ruiz would hit Jones, Ruiz would step back and let Jones recover, enlimitating any chance of a KO. There goes advantage #3.

If Jones fights Vitali Klitschko or Lennox Lewis the same way he fought Ruiz, then fight over you're winner and the new WBA and still the WBC Heavyweight champion of the world Lennox Lewis or Vitali Klitschko.

Chris Bryd would stand no chance against Lewis or the Klitschko brothers because Bryd has already fought the Klitschko brothers and he was getting destoryed by Vitali and then the fight was stopped because Vitali hurt his hand, and so Bryd won the fight. Then when Bryd fought Wlamdir he got destoryed, and then KO.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2003, 09:57:32 AM »
LOL... I like the way you doubt Roy Jones though. Come on, the guy has moved from middleweight, to light-heavyweight, to heavyweight. His already being talked about with the likes of Sugar Ray Robinson as the greatest pound for pound fighter ever. And he could beat a super heavyweight. Ruiz was more than a paper champion. That's your only arguement, but he did beat three top challengers before losing to Roy. And he did beat Holyfield when people still though Holyfield was a great fighter, granted a boring ass fight, but still. Roy just isn't going to allow a heavyweight to lean on them, and bully him around. His too fast for that. And Vitali will beat Lewis. Lewis is the better fighter, but he will write of Vitali, again, and lose, again. Vitali may have heart, but he can't move well enought to beat Roy. I've watched a lot of boxing, to say I don't know shit about boxing is bullshit. I think Roy can win. He wouldn't take a fight unless he knows he can win. This super-heavyweights gots people gased up on the real.

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2003, 11:11:18 AM »
LOL... I like the way you doubt Roy Jones though. Come on, the guy has moved from middleweight, to light-heavyweight, to heavyweight. His already being talked about with the likes of Sugar Ray Robinson as the greatest pound for pound fighter ever. And he could beat a super heavyweight. Ruiz was more than a paper champion. That's your only arguement, but he did beat three top challengers before losing to Roy. And he did beat Holyfield when people still though Holyfield was a great fighter, granted a boring ass fight, but still. Roy just isn't going to allow a heavyweight to lean on them, and bully him around. His too fast for that. And Vitali will beat Lewis. Lewis is the better fighter, but he will write of Vitali, again, and lose, again. Vitali may have heart, but he can't move well enought to beat Roy. I've watched a lot of boxing, to say I don't know shit about boxing is bullshit. I think Roy can win. He wouldn't take a fight unless he knows he can win. This super-heavyweights gots people gased up on the real.

Ruiz only beat 2 guys before fighting Jones. He fought Holyfield 3 times (Holyfield wasn't a good fighter for these fights because  in his next fight against Bryd he only landed 4 jabs) and then Ruiz beat Kirk Johnson but only because Johnson got DQ for low blowing Ruiz 3 times.

And I gave you 3 of the reasons why Jones beat Ruiz. Ruiz may of had the height, weight, and power advantage over Jones before the fight, but during the fight it was Ruiz that took those 3 advantages away not Jones. Lewis and Vitali are bigger, stronger, faster, and better fighters then Ruiz and won't make that mistake vs Jones. Also the difference between Lewis or Vitali and Ruiz is that Lewis and Vitali have good trainers. All Ruiz had was a bunch of guys with anger problems.