Author Topic: 50 starts clothing line  (Read 213 times)

mrtonguetwista

50 starts clothing line
« on: July 19, 2003, 10:18:45 AM »
NEW YORK (AP) - Rapper 50 Cent and designer Marc Ecko are partners in a new collection, G-Unit Clothing Co., that will debut with an abbreviated men's line for the holiday season.

A full men's collection is planned for spring, with womenswear, childrenswear, watches and leather goods planned over the next three years, the designer said Friday.

Everything will have a 50-cent price point - $29.50 for a T-shirt, for example.

``It's not new for a rapper or pop artist to launch a clothing line, but what is new is that a design-driven company like us is partnering with an artist to offer the marketing and merchandising - it's sort of like Nike and (Michael) Jordan coming together for Air Jordan,'' Ecko told The Associated Press in an interview.

This isn't their first collaboration - 50 Cent starred in one of Ecko Unlimited's ad campaigns a few years ago.

The 27-year-old rapper - whose album, ``Get Rich or Die Tryin','' was released earlier this year - ``has an interesting point of view, a clean, crisp sense of style,'' Ecko said. ``The simplicity is what will be refreshing to the market.''

Ecko Unlimited will continue to produce its own collection.

Shin

Re:50 starts clothing line
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2003, 12:10:12 PM »
sounds cool, but I won't rock this stuff. Gimme some Akademiks and Phat Farm and I'm happy

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2003, 03:51:18 PM »
Ecko = expensive. Then again, everything is expensive in this country. Can you imagine paying 60$ for Chuck Taylor's? It ain't everyday this cat buys new Southpole or Pelle Pelle.

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2003, 04:21:09 PM »
$60 for CT.....you gotta stay away from malls.  $18 here in town....Official and brand new

Don Breezio

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2003, 04:30:52 PM »
shit ecko is expensive...and i am guilty of paying the high prices sometimes...but if you go to the right place at the right time you can get ecko for a normal price...their t-shirts arent that expensive to begin with...unfortunately sweatshirts are about 60 bucks...i got 2 ecko sweatshirts for about 70 bucks last year...thats pretty good for ecko.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2003, 05:50:29 PM »
ecko is corny, i dont really like thug clothers, but i respect sean john,and some top brands

Don Breezio

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2003, 07:34:26 PM »
ecko is corny, i dont really like thug clothers, but i respect sean john,and some top brands

lol...ecko isnt exactly thug clothing...thug clothing is shit like sean john, phat farm, fubu, etc...ecko has its thug side of things...but its mainly just kinda another brand of clothing teenagers like...i love ecko but im more preppy in the way i dress than anything

Jimmy Cash

• 'G'
  • Jimbo C. on the scene
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2003, 08:46:57 PM »
i think i'ma start rockin Shady Ltd. i don't think i'd wear g unit cloths tho

Reservation, Bitch!!!

Quakaveli

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2003, 07:11:39 AM »
 ::) Why am I not surprised? ::)

Javier