Author Topic: A Tragedy Has Befallen Quentin Tarrentino Fans  (Read 173 times)

Trauma-san

A Tragedy Has Befallen Quentin Tarrentino Fans
« on: July 20, 2003, 10:04:38 PM »
I know I spelled his name wrong, but those BITCHES at new line or wherever his new movie got done at are fucking us.  Quentin made "Kill Bill" it's his first new movie in years, I mean, shit, you got pulp fiction, Jackie Brown, resevoir dogs, and 4 rooms which to me are his basic 4 movies... all pretty much great movies, a few of them are classics, and what do they do?  He makes Kill Bill, which by previews, looked FRIEKIN AWESOME, and they cut the fucking thing in half.  No, I am not shitting you.  They're putting out the first hour and a half of the movie in october, and then running ads and shit for the SECOND half of the movie for early next year.

WHAT IN THE HELL.  If I was him, I swear to god I just can the whole movie.  I'd tell them fuck you, I'm not releasing it, and not even finish it.  It's only a 3 hour movie, fuck it.  There are TONS of 3 hour movies out each year! They're pussies, that movie would do great.  Nobody's gonna pay to go see fucking HALF of a movie!  If I do go, I'm gonna buy tix to some other movie and sneak in, just so they don't get no damn money.  

Trauma-san

Re:A Tragedy Has Befallen Quentin Tarrentino Fans
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2003, 10:13:06 PM »
Well, I did a little research, and it's worse than we thought.  Maybe.

Quentin Tarantino himself was the one who decided to split it, apparently he designed it to be able to be split in several pieces if need be.

Also, they are making 4 different versions of the movie.  No, i'm not kidding.  1 version, to be released in Asia, will have more graphic sword fights, etc.  

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2003, 11:12:26 PM »
I just have to wait and see how does this "intermission" turn outto be...seems similiar to Lawrence of Arabia with the whole intermission thing but this is more of a 2 part movie...me personally I think its a cool idea...cuz sometmes long movies are just tiring

Don Breezio

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2003, 11:17:09 PM »
Well, I did a little research, and it's worse than we thought.  Maybe.

Quentin Tarantino himself was the one who decided to split it, apparently he designed it to be able to be split in several pieces if need be.

Also, they are making 4 different versions of the movie.  No, i'm not kidding.  1 version, to be released in Asia, will have more graphic sword fights, etc.  

they do that with some movies...bulletproof monk had a version i think it was released in japan that was more like the R rated version...where as here it was PG-13...i saw the one here and loved it so i decided to get it via internet...i ended up w/ the japanese theater version that had extra scenes...worse language...and instead of the guy being mr. funktastic...he was mr. fuktastic (which i noticed he had tatted on his chest in the pg-13 one)...made more sense...in fact the japanese one had an entirely different ending! both were very good though.

Liger187

• Lil Geezy
  • Best Fighter In The World
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2003, 11:32:22 PM »
Well this is bullshit. They are making us pay twice to see the same movie when he could have cut 20 minutes and then released it on DVD in full or they could have kept it at 3 hours, I'm sure most people would mind that less than waitng for several months and then paying to see the movie again. I was really looking forward to this movie, but now I hope it doesn't do well because if it does then they will pull this shit with other 3 hour movies.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2003, 12:19:26 AM »
Quentin doesnt give a fuck if you see it or not...hes not interested in money like some punks are by releasing sequels thate are fucken gay!  All he cares is that he himself enjoys the movie and whiles hes at it he wishs that othr people will enjoy his movie.

REmember Quentin is first  movie fan then a business man. SO FUCK IT dont watch the movie... i know I will love it

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2003, 12:20:33 AM »
Yeah, like I said, now that I saw it was Tarrantino's decision, i'm not as mad.  I thought the movie producers did it on him, if he decided to do it, though, it was probably a good idea, I'll trust his judgement.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2003, 12:23:03 AM »
Oh, P.S., Quentin said the reason he did it was he thought the movie was too much for a 3 hour setting, not that he thought all 3 hour movies were too long... this movie's just intense, there's a lot of sword fighting, and 3 hours of it would be too much, in his opinion.  The movie's about Uma Thurman, she's a samurai (lol) and this guy she works for tries to have her assasinated.  To get revenge, she chases him down, that's why the movie's called Kill Bill.  Apparently after an hour and a half, there's a natural ending to the movie, and then it starts back up in some other storyline.. after Quentin showed the first half which is completely finished to the exec at the movie studio, they decided that it was a complete film by itself, and that they would re-release the last half as a seperate film.  So we won't get half the story, we'll get the whole story, then another whole story with the same characters, apparently.  

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2003, 12:31:35 AM »
awesome dogg ^^

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2003, 11:48:31 AM »
wat the fuck, fuck that shit, damn i couldnt wait for this movie, fuck fuck fuck,y would he split it, thats rediculous, by the time u see the  second part ull forget the 1st, w/e jacki borwn isnt that good of a movie, reservoir and pulp were amazing, 4 rooms was funny, but dont forget from dusk till dawn, that shit was great