Author Topic: Best tracks on Canibus.. gotta give some props..  (Read 201 times)

Jome

Best tracks on Canibus.. gotta give some props..
« on: July 21, 2003, 03:06:03 AM »
I was rather surprised with this.. a far cry from the other wack to average albums he has released earlier..
I used to be like  ::) when people compared him to Ras Kass, but this is more like it..

My fav. tracks:

1. Cemantics - Excellent track.. Canibus rips a incredible beat.
Primo-like sampling on the chorus.. I wonder why they twisted Lil Fame's voice on the Cold As Ice-samle though.. "Pardon me, how the fuck you gon' start with me?" lol

2. Poet Laureate - The first 2 minutes is best.. but the rest is pretty dope too

3. Levitibus - Hiphop meets Latin lovesongs.. interesting..

4. Genabis - Dope ass track too..

5. Indisible - Strange, but a sweet ass sample.. dope. Finally a track that doesn't like 80% of other Canibus-tracks.

6. Spartibus - First single, and pretty dope.. but there's better tracks on here.

7. Psych evaluation - Pretty cool track.. dope sampled chorus.

A few weak tracks, and the small amount of tracks prevent this from being a classic, imo..
The weak tracks might even grow on me.. copping this for sure.
This is the Canibus we want..  8)

« Last Edit: July 21, 2003, 03:06:14 AM by PhaŽoahe Jome »

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Best tracks on Canibus.. gotta give some props..
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 03:40:28 PM »
I'm happy with Canibus for several reasons with this album.  

#1 Keeping to the 10 - 14 tracks I think every album should be
#2 Minimal guest appearances, this time he doesn't pass the mic to anyone (which is rarely done)
#3 No skits (I can overlook an intro)

The production is very good on this album and Canibus doesn't pull an album of straight spittin' like Mic Club which is a mistake.  You can do that once or twice on an album, and that's what he did.

If he just worked on using different themes and concepts more and changing up his delivery and flow sometimes this would be an classic fo sho.

Shin

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2003, 04:09:16 PM »

2. Poet Laureate - The first 2 minutes is best.. but the rest is pretty dope too

best track imo... i'm impressed... didn't expect canibus to come back like that

Don Breezio

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2003, 04:11:31 PM »

I used to be like  ::) when people compared him to Ras Kass, but this is more like it..

most ppl have been that way lately...they havent realized that everyone who is comparing him to ras kass is doing so because of this album...i have said that many times but nobody was giving this album a chance...if you seriously wanna hear the best canibus you've ever heard...check this album. i love it.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2003, 05:21:26 PM »
this album is great, i love the production, and yea i like short 10-14 track albums, without skits,

Jome

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2003, 05:46:43 PM »
I think there should have been a guest or two though.. would have added some variety..