Author Topic: What Other Team has the potential to beat the lakers?  (Read 322 times)

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
Re:What Other Team has the potential to beat the lakers?
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2003, 04:06:32 PM »
But the Charlotte Bobcats are named after the owner. I think the name Charlotte Flight would've been better because that's what Carolina is known for, being the first in flight.

PLANT

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2003, 04:37:48 PM »
PACERS...they'll be the team to beat this year...mark that down gentlemen and not who said it...bender and harrington had a year to develop...they just need to find a damn point and they'll be set

and i think the nets with a healthy alonzo mourning could beat them too
yes, I agree.....But these two teams only have a CHANCE to beat the Lakers.  Everyone else will be destroyed.

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2003, 05:47:14 PM »
PACERS...they'll be the team to beat this year...mark that down gentlemen and not who said it...bender and harrington had a year to develop...they just need to find a damn point and they'll be set

yes, I agree.....But these two teams only have a CHANCE to beat the Lakers.  Everyone else will be destroyed.

Pacers have no chance because like always they'll choke in the second half of the season and barely make the playoffs. Thomas isn't a good coach. The Pistons  have a better chance of beatting a team in the west then the Pacers do because the Pistons don't choke during the season and they have a coach who knows what he is doing.

The Pacers are going no where as long as Thomas is there coach.

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2003, 06:12:41 PM »
But the Charlotte Bobcats are named after the owner. I think the name Charlotte Flight would've been better because that's what Carolina is known for, being the first in flight.

Well, it doesn't really matter now, we'll all get used to it eventually and nobody will even care what the team's called.  Like the Raptors, wtf?  The lakers?  Huh?  We still like them even though their names are crap.  

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2003, 07:13:29 PM »

Pacers have no chance because like always they'll choke in the second half of the season and barely make the playoffs. Thomas isn't a good coach. The Pistons  have a better chance of beatting a team in the west then the Pacers do because the Pistons don't choke during the season and they have a coach who knows what he is doing.

pacers choked last year in the second half, but not the year before. I don't know what pacers team you watched lol. Thomas will be gone first of the season. THe only reason they kept his was to resign JO.

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2003, 07:23:43 PM »

pacers choked last year in the second half, but not the year before. I don't know what pacers team you watched lol. Thomas will be gone first of the season. THe only reason they kept his was to resign JO.

They choked last year and the year before that they blew up in the second half and didn't make the playoffs. I don't know what Pacer team you're watching.
O'Neil was resigned before Byrd got there (O'Neil resigned with the Pacers because he wasn't going to get the ball as much if he went somewhere else, it had nothing to do with Thomas), now that Byrd is there Thomas will be fired becuase Thomas and Byrd just don't like each other.

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2003, 07:35:57 PM »

Well, it doesn't really matter now, we'll all get used to it eventually and nobody will even care what the team's called.  Like the Raptors, wtf?  The lakers?  Huh?  We still like them even though their names are crap.  

Remember The Lakers used to be in Minnesota, and Minnesota has more lakes then any other state in the USA. The why the name Lakers much like The Jazz used to be in New Orleans and New Orleans is known for their jazz, so New Orleans Jazz. When these 2 teams moved they didn't think to change the name to something that reflects LA or Utah in anyway.

The people up here in Toronto think that Raptors is a great name because it's orginal.

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2003, 08:48:40 PM »
the year before that, they didn't choke. They traded for Ron, Miller, Ollie, and Mercer, and played the exact same way they did in the first half. They remained 500 the whole year. No blowing up what so ever. I watched every single game that year. I don't know what the hell you are talking about.

blacksmoke

• Lil Geezy
  • ~West Coast~
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2003, 02:54:12 AM »
maybe newjersey but i doubt it

lakers are taking over

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2003, 08:10:04 AM »
the year before that, they didn't choke. They traded for Ron, Miller, Ollie, and Mercer, and played the exact same way they did in the first half. They remained 500 the whole year. No blowing up what so ever. I watched every single game that year. I don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Well then the Pacers must have sucked because the Raptors lost something like 15 in a row, and the Pacers still didn't make the playoffs. So they did suck in the second half, if they still can't catch a team that lost 15 in a row.

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2003, 01:48:24 PM »

Well then the Pacers must have sucked because the Raptors lost something like 15 in a row, and the Pacers still didn't make the playoffs. So they did suck in the second half, if they still can't catch a team that lost 15 in a row.

They did make the playoffs bro. They were one game over 500 and edged the bucks out for the final spot of the playoffs. They have only missed the playoffs like 1 time in the last 15 years, and that was in 97 I believe when Reggie got his eye hurt, and missed half the season. They were 500 all season long. Like I said, they didn't fall off in the second half. They were mediocre all season long.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2003, 01:49:31 PM by The Big Bad Ass »

PLANT

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2003, 02:49:26 PM »
Big Bad Ass "Tells it like it is, is...And Not Like it was"... 8)