Author Topic: NFL2k3 first impressions (xbox version)  (Read 258 times)

Sub-Z

NFL2k3 first impressions (xbox version)
« on: August 15, 2002, 03:53:24 PM »
i bought nfl2k3 today ive played 2 games and played a lil in practice mode,so here are what i think of it as of now

first off,sega did a great job using th eespn license,the menus and in game pop ups look great

The graphics are great IMO,i love the animations,i really like the tackles  etc ill get more into that stuff after i play it more

THe overall gameplay is really good,youve gotta use strategy if you wanna win,you just cant pick passing plays over and over or running plays youve gotta mix it up between running plays long and short passing plays and you cant throw it to the same reciever over and over,otherwise youll eventually get burned (ive thrown 5 or 6 interceptions in 2 games and i can see in the replays that all of em were my fault)and the running game is pretty tough,you have to follow your blockers and find a hole,you cant just run around and expect get get yards,and defense is really tough,but im gettin better and am starting to like it

overall so far the game is really challenging,and at times frustrating,the game has about a half and hour learning curve so if you rent or buy it dont expect to be winning games right off

BTW i used the vikings in those games,so that might have made it harder lol

MORE IMPRESSIONS COMING SOON!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Big BpG

Re: NFL2k3 first impressions (xbox version)
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2002, 10:05:12 PM »
sounds cool...

madden is frustating the shit out of me... too much defense on the cpu's part...ive one like one game in like 10... but im getting better...i cant stop the run, the pass or anything...  but ill get it... anyway... i think 2k has dope commentating, madden is better this year at commentating, but they just dont keep it going... the only cool thing i heard in madden was when I injured joey galloway in one game... he was set on the injured list as probable... and when the next game arrived, he wasn't playing... so al michaels said "joey galloway who was probable for today game is going to be sitting out... after today's warm-up he still wasn't 100% after trying to recoup from the injury he sustained two weeks ago"

-Big BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Sub-Z

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2002, 10:08:32 PM »
yea i cant stop the run on 2k3 either

the last 2 games ive played have went down to the last minutes,the last one went into OT,i won 27-24,i love the game now  :D  just wish it didnt piss me off and make me punch a hole in my closet door......oh well

Mr.Pac-Man

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2002, 03:47:59 PM »
Al Micheals.....has made a big difference in the madden series.....i still havent palyed 2k3.....so i gots to see which is better!!