Author Topic: strike date is officially set  (Read 280 times)

budsmokeronly

strike date is officially set
« on: August 16, 2002, 08:25:31 AM »
august 30 :'(
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: strike date is officially set
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2002, 08:52:58 AM »
Well now it all comes down to Selig.  Selig has 14 days to react on this shit. If he fails to convince the stupid MLBPA on not having a strike, then BuD Selig will officially be the dumbest person in the world of baseball. Let's be honest here, baseball has the best benefits out of all the sports, in the players view.  I mean look at the NFL, u can be in your prime and have the best season you had in your life, and next season u can get cut. Why? Cuz of Salary Cap.  I mean wtf, all this emotions i had with the dodgers all year will go out the window cuz some idiots cant compromise.  Fuck this shit.  Fuck setting a strike this year, how odd the day after they get their paycheck its the strike date.  why dont the players be man enough to strike for all of next year.  And have these fuckers go into meettings every fucken day untill they work it out.  Instead of "well we talked for about an hour and nothin was settle, GO ON STRIKE!" thats the dumbest thing I have heard in my life.  I remember when MTA bus workers went on strike, they held meeetings everyday for more than 4 hours.  They eventually worked it out.  they just are throwing the whole year out the window.  Bonds 600th homerun will be ruined.  I bet you 10 years from now they will say  "Bonds hit his 600th homerun of his career the same year the dumbass players decided to go on strike at the end of the season". These fuckers did make progress. In the World Wide trade, the steroid testing (even though the big time players wont be tested, just like in football), the luxury tax. Just a few lil things here and there.  The owners didnt trap that much during the last strikes because they had money from their other businesses, and yes that is whats wrong with baseball, its a sport not a business. Once u crossed the line between a SPORT and a Business. ITs fucked. Simple as that. OK here is the problem basically,  lets take A Rod for an example....he gets around 20 mil a year , I think, well around there.  THe whole meetings are basically about him losing two million to taxes.  OH SHIT, hes gonna go bankrupt. PLease , thats absurd.  and what the does he do?  Go to the park and play a childs dream.  Playing baseball infront of fans. Nice ones asshole. U guys are ruining the sport for the young kids that are the age of 4-10.  THE FUTURE FANS. THey are prolly watchin the Tv and saying. every fucken business has went down after 9/11. MESSAGE TO BASEBALL PLAYERS........U ARE LIVING A DREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU HAVE THE BEST BENEFITS OUT OF ALL THE SPORTS!!!!!!!!!!!DONT BITCH ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!. Fuckin idiots.  thats why i only give props to players that stay after the game and are willing to sign autographs.  FOr a kid, that means the world to them. yea baseball players are suffering from losing pocket change (thats what it is to them, basically). Give me a break.  FUCK MLB AS A BUSINESS. But not the sport, cuz i love the sport.

budsmokeronly

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2002, 09:32:06 AM »
good words man.  It especially sucks that they strike right near the end of the season.

Murrow

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2002, 10:11:58 AM »
[size=30]FUCK[/size]

Man...this is bull.  I'm watching ESPN now, hopefully they can agree on revnues and get back to playing ball.

Murrow

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2002, 10:13:28 AM »
One thing that need is a mutherfucking salary cap.  Or if thet pay too much for a free agent, thet should pay the money to the league so the teams can divide it.  This way...teams like the Expos and Twins won't get fucked.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2002, 12:14:25 PM »
CNNSI.com: Do you think the players understand how much the fans would turn against them if they went on strike?

Verducci: My sense is, and I don't want to be callous about this, it's a very small element to their strategy. I thought Mo Vaughn said it best when he stated this isn't about the World Series, it's about what they have to do as a union. I think you can throw the fans in that analogy as well. Winning a public relations war isn't what the players are interested in. They want to win a labor war.

Wait a minute LABOR? They are PLAYING baseball for crying out loud. so basically what Mo Vaughn is saying is that "i dont care about the FANS, but i need to improve my benefits for WOKRING HARD while PLAYING BASEBALL."  Mo Vaugh who the hell buys your products? THE FANS u idiot. So if u get injured the money comes from the fans literally thanx to your benefits and u still want more? OH man ur an idiot MO VAUGHN, MO MONEY. DUMBASS

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2002, 04:20:39 PM »
here was the letter that the hall of famers gave to bud and fehr....

Dear Bud and Don:

Though we are bound together by sharing baseball's greatest honor -- being elected members of the Hall of Fame -- we are a diverse group. We are from different generations, have had different life experiences, and as such we each have our own -- often strongly held -- beliefs.

Each of us has our own opinions about the labor-management issues between major league baseball and the players' association through the years -- and today.

Both sides make persuasive arguments to support their positions, and thinking persons can understand the merits of those arguments. Despite how each of us feels individually, however, we all agree that another work stoppage in baseball would be a terrible mistake.

To protect the game we all love and have given so much to, we suggest you agree to a qualified mediator that will allow you to find the common ground necessary to avoid a work stoppage.

Millions of loyal fans, the thousands of people who work in and around stadiums and depend on baseball for their livelihood, and the future of the game, are depending on you and will benefit from your reasonableness and wisdom if you can achieve this.

-- Sparky Anderson, Johnny Bench, Yogi Berra, George Brett, Lou Brock, Jim Bunning, Rod Carew, Steve Carlton, Orlando Cepeda, Bobby Doerr, Bob Feller, Rollie Fingers, Whitey Ford, Bob Gibson, Monte Irvin, Reggie Jackson, Fergie Jenkins, Al Kaline, George Kell, Harmon Killebrew, Ralph Kiner, Sandy Koufax, Juan Marichal, Willie Mays, Bill Mazeroski, Stan Musial, Tony Perez, Gaylord Perry, Kirby Puckett, Robin Roberts, Brooks Robinson, Red Schoendienst, Mike Schmidt, Tom Seaver, Duke Snider, Warren Spahn, Don Sutton, Ozzie Smith, Billy Williams, Dave Winfield

Murrow

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2002, 05:26:34 PM »
here was the letter that the hall of famers gave to bud and fehr....

Dear Bud and Don:

Though we are bound together by sharing baseball's greatest honor -- being elected members of the Hall of Fame -- we are a diverse group. We are from different generations, have had different life experiences, and as such we each have our own -- often strongly held -- beliefs.

Each of us has our own opinions about the labor-management issues between major league baseball and the players' association through the years -- and today.

Both sides make persuasive arguments to support their positions, and thinking persons can understand the merits of those arguments. Despite how each of us feels individually, however, we all agree that another work stoppage in baseball would be a terrible mistake.

To protect the game we all love and have given so much to, we suggest you agree to a qualified mediator that will allow you to find the common ground necessary to avoid a work stoppage.

Millions of loyal fans, the thousands of people who work in and around stadiums and depend on baseball for their livelihood, and the future of the game, are depending on you and will benefit from your reasonableness and wisdom if you can achieve this.

-- Sparky Anderson, Johnny Bench, Yogi Berra, George Brett, Lou Brock, Jim Bunning, Rod Carew, Steve Carlton, Orlando Cepeda, Bobby Doerr, Bob Feller, Rollie Fingers, Whitey Ford, Bob Gibson, Monte Irvin, Reggie Jackson, Fergie Jenkins, Al Kaline, George Kell, Harmon Killebrew, Ralph Kiner, Sandy Koufax, Juan Marichal, Willie Mays, Bill Mazeroski, Stan Musial, Tony Perez, Gaylord Perry, Kirby Puckett, Robin Roberts, Brooks Robinson, Red Schoendienst, Mike Schmidt, Tom Seaver, Duke Snider, Warren Spahn, Don Sutton, Ozzie Smith, Billy Williams, Dave Winfield

Listen to the Hall!

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2002, 05:29:40 PM »
i told you all,  i told you all there was goin be a strike.  no1 believed me.   tha players could give 2 fucks about us,  so fuck em.  Bud selig should die for lettin baseball get this bad an fuck all them players thatg dont give a fuck.  congratulations bud an mlbpa,  u have jus killed major league baseball

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2002, 05:32:31 PM »
its all over,  c'mon they didnt even talk about a minimum salery cap.  its all about a luxary tax,  an even if tha owners got it there way it wouldnt help baseball fuck tha players.  Tha owners want a luxary tax at 50% if a teams payroll is over 102 million,  it was a originally at 98%.  fuck players want it at 15% an if tha teams pay roll is over 137 million.  that only affects one team,  fuck baseball,  they dont give a fuck about us

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2002, 07:32:25 PM »
Baseball is getting really bad...Nobody cares about it anymore. All the old people who used too watch it are dying out, and it's becoming less and less popular every year...Oh well...I really can give a fuck about baseball, but that basketball strike in '99 pissed me off...Good thing it was only for like 2 months in the begining of the season...LoL...Sucks too be a baseball fan...Good luck though...PeACe

Murrow

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2002, 06:05:42 AM »
Baseball is getting really bad...Nobody cares about it anymore. All the old people who used too watch it are dying out, and it's becoming less and less popular every year...Oh well...I really can give a fuck about baseball, but that basketball strike in '99 pissed me off...Good thing it was only for like 2 months in the begining of the season...LoL...Sucks too be a baseball fan...Good luck though...PeACe

No, lol.  Your obviously haven't been paying attention.  After Ripken brought the fans back after the '94 - '95 strike baseball was going in full force.  I'm '98 they had MacGwire/Sosa going for the HR title, David Wells threw a perfect game, Ripken ended the streak and McGwire broke 61 by hittin 70.

Then look at last year.  Bonds hit 73, lol, Ichiro changed the game...and Ripken hit one out on his final All-Star game.

Peace

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2002, 06:20:15 AM »
nik is right baseball is gettin less an less popular.  Baseball lost a whole generation of up coming fans.  Look at tha shitty teams in baseball.  a father is not goin take his son to see there team lose every game.  He'll say fuck it,  its not worth gettin my son into baseball because my team will jus be a loser every year.  They lost are large majority of potential fans.  There is also a lot of fans that never came back from 94.  I fell real sorry for twins fans,  baseball sayin there goin contract them an than there on tha verge of makin tha playoffs.  Baseball also needs new marketing.  everything baseball does for pr an marketing is stolen from other sports.  they have no originality.  example,  home run contest was stole from tha slam dunk contest.  baseball is commiting suicide