Author Topic: Pharoahe-album will feature Xzibit, Rockwilder..  (Read 166 times)

Jome

Pharoahe-album will feature Xzibit, Rockwilder..
« on: July 23, 2003, 04:15:15 PM »

Posted 07-23-03

RHH: In you opinion, what is Real-Hiphop?

Pharoahe: Man to me it comes from all over…..man it comes from different sources all over the word….from all over different mind sets…the realness to me comes from when I feel something in the heart-I feel something in my heart…I can tell when a mc or a group is true to what they are doin' and they are bringin it for real when they doin it-that's what's real to me.

RHH: In your opinion, what artist projects Real-Hiphop?

Pharoahe: Aww man, it's a bunch of cats right now…particularly in my clique, I'm feeling Talib Kwa, I'm feeling Mos, it's a lot of cats. I really listen to a lot of…I wouldn't say old-old school hiphop, but a lot of old school hiphop. I still bump Souls, Ras, and at the same time I bump Jay and Nas…you know, whateva I feel that's hot and it moves me and inspires me, its in the deck.

RHH: Is there any artist that doesn't exemplify Hiphop or needs improvement?

Pharoahe: I mean, it's a funny situation like we discussed on the panel today. Like for me, if I had to pull the positive out of somebody's music I can do that-I can pull that out of the worse records. I can pull something that I can flip. That's why I listen to music for inspiration. But ummm, these people evidently that I don't feel, they are doing what they are doing for a reason…and I can't say that this person from this area should rap this way or go back and listen to the archives of Rakim and get their knowledge because they doin what they doin. If they grew up listening to the local acts around their way and that's how they got inspired then perhaps I need to understand them. So I don't even comment on cats like that no more, its like…I'm not feeling them.

RHH: How do you feel about the battle element of hiphop?

Pharoahe: Ummm, some cases I think it's a good thing. A lot of cases in hiphop as we know its very real..the culture's very real. Its just not a record thing. Some people look at it as…"you taking food off my plate…imma gun you down!" And that's real, people got to understand that that aspect of Hiphop is as real as the creativity. Like Kris was saying today, u kno you put certain things on record you manifesting it. But in the esscence of hiphop battling, I think its been a positive thing in the case of Nas and Jay.

RHH: Who do you think won that battle?

Pharoahe: Ummm, that is pretty difficult for me to say. I would have to say that I am a fan of both of them. But I will have to give a slight edge to Nas. Although I thought "TakeOver" overall-beatwise-and lyrically was tight. But I think Nas dissected Jay pretty good on "Ether".

RHH: In a perfect world, if we could take out the violence factor of the battle scene, who would you like to see go head to head?

Pharoahe: Lyrically head to head? I would pay to see Nas and Jay.

RHH: Nas and Jay again?

Pharoahe: Yea

RHH: Who would you put your money on?

Pharoahe: Yea that is difficult, because the live aspect of the battle is way different from the record aspect of it. With the record, you get to write-you get to take your time. And I respect Jay a lot in his "wittyness". But to be honest, I can't call it.

RHH: Kool, plug your upcoming albums and any projects you have goin on…..

Pharoahe: Yea, we got the "INNER VISION", dropping soon. Its crazy-the new album is sick. I got XZIBIT on there, my man LEE STONE, I got my man MEGAHERTZ, my man ROCWILDER, mad ill producers. This is very real and very provocative. If you are a Pharoahe Monch fan, you are gonna love it. Cop It!

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re:Pharoahe-album will feature Xzibit, Rockwilder..
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2003, 06:59:00 PM »
thanks for the info, i doubt Xzibit will come very good but you never know.... i hope its as good as Internal Affairs (4.5/5 IMO) and that theres a joint w/Prince Po

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2003, 07:02:56 PM »
cool

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2003, 12:10:54 AM »
Does anyone else think Inner Visions is gonna be different to the original album he was making or not (only guests on hooks and more positive than Internal Affairs)? And whats the release date for it?
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Jome

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2003, 12:24:43 AM »
Does anyone else think Inner Visions is gonna be different to the original album he was making or not (only guests on hooks and more positive than Internal Affairs)? And whats the release date for it?

I hope it's a little different..
Xzibit & Rockwilder is a good start  8)
And Megahertz did one hell of a job on the first single.
I just hope that he doesn't go too radio.. but I dont think that's a risk with Pharoahe..

They say August, but I think September/October is more accurate.

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2003, 06:10:05 AM »
I have a feeling that this album is going to be off the hook...

...its about time for someone like Pharoahe to kick allcomers asses again.

Set up n production bodes well and as Jome said the first single was bangin'.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2003, 06:28:30 AM »
i hope he does some beats himself like on Internal Affairs

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Shin

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2003, 06:35:20 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2003, 11:05:41 AM »
Sounds really dope. Glad to see Lee Stone is doing production on there as well, I think he is a mad underrated producer. I was actually hoping for a track with Kweli, Mos, Black Thought or Common, but you never know, I still think we will see at least one of them on the album, even if it is just to do a hook or something.