Author Topic: What Movies have came out recently...  (Read 128 times)

Skindiana bon3z

What Movies have came out recently...
« on: July 26, 2003, 11:27:40 PM »
On DVD...I'm wanna rent a good movie, but I have no idea what has come out recently...I know Shanghai Knights and Final Destination 2, can anyone recommend any others that have dropped recently? thanks..

Don Breezio

Re:What Movies have came out recently...
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2003, 11:35:21 PM »
Old School--Funny Shit
Gods & Generals--good war movie; prequel to gettysburg
Basic--great movie, confusing, but great
Final Destination 2--dope ass sequel...
Shanghai Knights-gay piece of shit...better than the first...but still shit
Punch Drunk Love--havent seen yet...heard it was boring
Tears Of The Sun--great war movie...bruce willis did a great job.

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2003, 11:39:30 PM »
Old School--Funny Shit
Gods & Generals--good war movie; prequel to gettysburg
Basic--great movie, confusing, but great
Final Destination 2--dope ass sequel...
Shanghai Knights-gay piece of shit...better than the first...but still shit
Punch Drunk Love--havent seen yet...heard it was boring
Tears Of The Sun--great war movie...bruce willis did a great job.

Punch drunk Love was one of the most boring movies I have ever seen....Kinda fucking up Sandler's career....

Don Breezio

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2003, 11:43:14 PM »
no wahts fucking up adam sandlers career is that nobody is cutting him any fucking slack....like when mr. deeds came out...ppl said "it wasnt as funny as his other movies"...ppl didnt even stop to think that he wasnt trying to be funny like those other movies...mr. deeds and billy madison are 2 totally different movies...i think adam sandler wants to start being taken more seriously and nobody is realising that. i personally loved mr. deeds...i thought it was a great change of pace for him and he did a great job...i would never even think of comparing it to billy madison or happy gilmore cuz they are totally different types of movies...i hope adam sandler puts out more movies like mr. deeds and even though i havent seen punch drunk love he should start doing more of the serious roles...he's a great actor but nobody can tell that when he's being a dipshit on camera...as funny as it is...its nice to see a change of pace.

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2003, 11:51:16 PM »
dude, watch Punch Drunk Love, I couldnt stay awake...that movie was so dam boring, its fine if he wants to make a serious movie...but this movie was just horrible...

Don Breezio

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2003, 11:55:34 PM »
i bet you i would love it...i love serious movies, the best ones are the ones most ppl think are boring. i have a very broad taste in movies...the only movies i dont like are the stupid ass gay ones like charlies angels and shanghai noon/knights....i dont understand why ppl think a movie needs to be funny or have action or suspense, etc to make a movie good...i plan to see this movie very soon and i will let u know what i think after that...but i bet i will love it.

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2003, 11:59:43 PM »
i bet you i would love it...i love serious movies, the best ones are the ones most ppl think are boring. i have a very broad taste in movies...the only movies i dont like are the stupid ass gay ones like charlies angels and shanghai noon/knights....i dont understand why ppl think a movie needs to be funny or have action or suspense, etc to make a movie good...i plan to see this movie very soon and i will let u know what i think after that...but i bet i will love it.

I liked the movie a little bit, but when I wanted to see an Adam Sandler movie...so I wasnt expecting this shit...If I wanna see a movie like this I wont rent a Sandler movie...I was expecting a typical Sandler movie, that's probably why I didnt like it much

Don Breezio

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2003, 01:22:20 AM »

I liked the movie a little bit, but when I wanted to see an Adam Sandler movie...so I wasnt expecting this shit...If I wanna see a movie like this I wont rent a Sandler movie...I was expecting a typical Sandler movie, that's probably why I didnt like it much

which is exactly my point...everyone needs to stop thinking about the "typical sandler movie"...ppl did the same thing when robin williams started doing more serious movies...when he did One Hour Photo & Insomnia ppl were all dissapointed cuz he wasnt his usual goofy self...those 2 movies were 2 of his best i think. basically krimson you proved my point with what you just said.

The Watcher

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2003, 02:32:09 AM »
mr deeds was tight, punch drunk love was..  ::)
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2003, 10:50:56 AM »
Havent seen punch drumk love and i dont really have any plans to do it in the near future... About the mr. deeds movie, i can say was a peace of b*tch.... I was in the theater expecting something funny, and i did get that in a way. Maybe 3-4 scenes were funny the rest felt like such a bigg atempt to be funny and at the end of the movie i was so dissapointed....

People talk about how some movies try to be funny to much or try to be scarry to much, and i dint really get it before. But after i saw mr. deeds i now know, lol. And im a guy that finds the first dumb and dumber a comedy classic....
"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010