Author Topic: Bruce Lee or Jet li ???  (Read 395 times)

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
Re:Bruce Lee or Jet li ???
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2003, 04:17:36 AM »
No question...

Bruce

Bruce gave more to the community as a director / producer / scriptwriter

he dared where others didnt, and after a few years won in the way he wanted his films to be done, released and the perception of the individuals in the films.

he concieved a master "style" of kung fu....where all styles were mixed into a great melting pot of knowledge and action to create a style with no style...

you dont see that too often, if he was a scientist no doubt he would have been awarded a nobel prize by now for his achievements...

...he took martial arts in a sense to another country, made it popular and tought people why otherwise wouldnt have ever known the fulfillment spiritually and physically that they can bring.

He even had dealth threats because of this, because he was not supposed to teach the way outside of chinese culture.

and damn even after seriously injuring his back where doctors said that he could never practise again he came back...came back fighting...on the best form ever.

btw agree with you mr tonguetwista... chuck was excellent something like 10 years running karate champion...bruce respected him greatly as a fighter and as a person - his behaviour,knowledge,dedication and spirit....

...i was so amazed as a lilttle kd when i first saw one of my bball heroes in a bruce lee film...kareem abdul jabbar....bloody hell the nba ended up insuring his legs for millions for his role in that film lol!

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Bruce Lee or Jet li ???
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2003, 06:52:56 AM »
Once Upon A Time In China 1
Once Upon A Time In China 2
Once Upon A Time In China 3

Man those are full of wire tricks. You can't tell who's better based on Once Upon a Time In China...

But I gotta say Bruce Lee. Think about this - if Bruce Lee hadn't been what he was in his time, would Jet Li have the kind of career he has today? Bruce wasn't just the first to bring martial arts to Hollywood - he was so good that he made martial arts stick in Hollywood.

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2003, 02:55:42 PM »
Once Upon A Time In China 1
Once Upon A Time In China 2
Once Upon A Time In China 3

Man those are full of wire tricks. You can't tell who's better based on Once Upon a Time In China...

But I gotta say Bruce Lee. Think about this - if Bruce Lee hadn't been what he was in his time, would Jet Li have the kind of career he has today? Bruce wasn't just the first to bring martial arts to Hollywood - he was so good that he made martial arts stick in Hollywood.

its obvious which parts had tricks and which parts didnt

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2003, 01:47:38 AM »
LOL, i actually had this conversation with a few chinese students in my class at college. They said that Jet Li is great but Bruce Lee is the best. They said that back in China, Bruce Lee is still considered the greatest.

I highly doubt that in china, bruce lee is still considered to be the grestest fighter ever...thats bullshit...now, bruce is probably one of the best fighters ever...but i don't think he could fuck with those shaolin monks...i saw some video tapes of em..and they are fucking crazy...

-KuNiVaA-

• Lil Geezy
  • Belizean Pride!
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2003, 11:33:25 AM »
Somebody lock this, Bruce Lee is the one and only greatest fighter, no doubt..
"Aiyyo, you betta flee Hobbes, or get your head flown three blocks, L keep rapper's hearts pumpin like Reeboks" - Big L

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2003, 11:36:12 AM »

No question
Or Comparisson
Bruce Lee...

Hatesrats 2oooTre

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2003, 04:14:48 PM »
lol this is like micheal jackson or jus timberlake.......man i aint even gonna go into these "facts"...............................bruce lee by fuck knows how far.............like haterats sed, no comparison no question,

Bruce MuThAfUcKiN lee

im out

HHH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "hello!!"
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2003, 01:59:04 AM »
bruce lee 4 fo sho!!

even jackie chan is better than jet li!!!!! ;D

bruce  8)