Author Topic: Defari-Odds_And_Evens-Retail-2003-FTD  (Read 762 times)

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
Re:Defari-Odds_And_Evens-Retail-2003-FTD
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2003, 08:29:05 PM »
lets be serious bout this shit, Defari aint chingy or 50 cent or Nelly, he aint gonna sell millions of albums, in fact go around to regular rap fans or the some of the fans today and ask them whether they know who Defari is, my guess is that most will say they have no freakin idea who he is

he is gonna sell to fans like us who know him as a dope rapper but that aint many of us seriously, so by lettin peeps download his album we really hurtin him more than the others cause he aint gonna sell that much anyway, some peeps d/l then say they gonna buy it but at the end they get lazy and dont buy it at all >:(

Support Defari y'all

BTW this album is one of the best so far if not the best westcoast album so far, the production is top notch and everybody knows defari can tear up the mic, im lovin this album so much

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2003, 09:07:45 PM »
I agree and I disagree.  I disagree with what Nima did because, Lets be real, we all download.  Thats obvious.  But on the other hand, downloading is something that we shouldn't discuss on WCC for a couple of reasons. (which is where I agree with Nima.)  Again, I totally understand both sides..

It's something that (if you ask me) we shouldnt promote, because (for one:) it seems to be the hot new issue in the media (as of recent) so we should be smart and proactive about not discussing that.  This is from a legal stand point.  2nd'ly, It's just disrespecful to alot of artists who visit WCC and I think its pretty dope that we have artists who visit the board and chop it up so we should respect that.  Not to mention its just not good for DubCNN to be associated with DL'ing.  The real underlining point that touches on both points is that, DubCNN's getting huge.. and DubCC is perceived as being very closely related so we really gotta watch that.  Its not just the board anymore.. its DubCNN & DubCC and to the public (and artists) our reputation transcends across both.

Yea, I download but like most of you, I buy most of what drops out the west.. But if the question is to post purchase info or DL info, promote the purchase.  Its just as easy.  Anyone can do some basic research and find out if somethings availble for download.  So I guess I agree more then I disagree.

Ax

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

Bomb-A®

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2003, 10:09:50 PM »
but what do i do. i would love to buy this. but they dont release this kind o shit here.the only way i can listen to it is download it. if i buy it online, it costs me 50$. thats too much for something that i might not like

peace

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2003, 10:17:02 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i can understand why all the peeps overseas or in canada would d/l albums, albums especially like defari's, sly boogy etc... are hard az hell to find for u guys

BUT theres no excuse for the peeps that have these cd's in their local stores to not to buy them after previewing the cd >:(

we gotta support these artist, thats why artist like DJ Quik feel the game is fucked and wanna quit at times

Jim Jones

• Banned
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2003, 11:39:11 PM »
TheOnlyOne, I couldn't have said it better myself. Props doggie.

btw, I told u this album was ill. I been bumpin it non stop. whats ur favorite track on the album? My fav would be "Odds & Evens"

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2003, 12:25:00 AM »
I agree on the concept of people shouldnt just d/l...

...support the artists y'all

BUT ive been buying cd's for year my collection is bigger than the dimentions of my bed (takes up more room)

now i lile to let people know about forthcoming albums, albums previews,ep's etc that they can get on irc because a) for people overseas its this that get the knowledge of the artist / music through...
...the only other choice is what certain (c)rap magazines decide to show or promote deciding on their politics of the time...source anyone ?

i would always say to people its out, its get it here, your choice !

if you like it hten buy it on the real...if not then at least more people will spend bandwidth getting an artist they are not sure of rather than cash...

...dont forget alot of record companies / artist themselves put out things on irc  as free promotion to the world...who else can you reach so quickly, definatly and hit the scene as wholly...certainly not so by the major record outlets / magazines.

So i dont think the info should be banned...everyone os free to have info after all thats what we all about, sharing info / stories / knowledge / opinions / ideas etc etc

but maybe the direct linking to d/l sites should be banned...that way we are not actively promoting the actual d/l n bootlegging of albums just the info ;)

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2003, 01:19:17 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i can understand why all the peeps overseas or in canada would d/l albums, albums especially like defari's, sly boogy etc... are hard az hell to find for u guys

BUT theres no excuse for the peeps that have these cd's in their local stores to not to buy them after previewing the cd >:(

we gotta support these artist, thats why artist like DJ Quik feel the game is fucked and wanna quit at times

there is an excuse it might be that i dont think this album is all that....you ever think of that?....i mean i dont mean to be a dick or anything i just think whats goin on here is wrong!!!! let us post the info if you want it get it if not dont....simple as that.....this album is ok not the greatest but def not the worst....but still doesnt make it any different from any other album that we post info for

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2003, 02:28:57 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
well if u dont like the album then i respect your decision not to buy it, it doesnt make sense to waste money on a cd that u dont like at all

For example i have Krayzie Bone's Thug On Da Line on CD-R but why didnt i buy it OG???? cause it blows, it sucks, one of the worst albums ever
BTW i said theres no reason for not buying it after PREVIEWING THE CD, meaning judging for yourself whether its worth buyin or not

im mainly talkin to the peeps that that rely on bootlegging or d/l mp3's without the intention of buying it, i think thats fucked up for not the big artist like nelly etc.... but for these guys like defari, i mean he aint gonna go platinum or nothing like that,

So EJ lets just say that u liked this album, would u go out and still buy it???

« Last Edit: July 31, 2003, 02:31:25 AM by TheOnlyOne »

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2003, 02:39:17 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
well if u dont like the album then i respect your decision not to buy it, it doesnt make sense to waste money on a cd that u dont like at all

For example i have Krayzie Bone's Thug On Da Line on CD-R but why didnt i buy it OG???? cause it blows, it sucks, one of the worst albums ever
BTW i said theres no reason for not buying it after PREVIEWING THE CD, meaning judging for yourself whether its worth buyin or not

im mainly talkin to the peeps that that rely on bootlegging or d/l mp3's without the intention of buying it, i think thats fucked up for not the big artist like nelly etc.... but for these guys like defari, i mean he aint gonna go platinum or nothing like that,

So EJ lets just say that u liked this album, would u go out and still buy it???

of course just like i got the ghetto heisman had no intention on buyin it until i downloaded it and heard it ....was the best album of last year.....downloaded it thats how i heard it first then for sure ran out and bought it
« Last Edit: July 31, 2003, 03:08:09 AM by E. J. Rizo »

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2003, 03:04:51 AM »
im the same for magic - white eyes...

...never had thought to catch this dude...so much shite out there...

got the album on d/l....loved it, played it non stop then got it imported

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2003, 08:45:25 AM »
you people amaze me, when you all like an artist and you know for sure they are not going to sell alot you get angry at a post like this.  i dont have a problem not posting about where to get albums.  but why all of a sudden people are against it.  i didnt see anyone lobbying for this to stop when 50 cent's album was ripped or any of the mainstream artists or when any of the mixtapes are ripped.  if there is going to be the removal of these "information" threads...might as well remove the rips of singles also.  because they are intended for radio/club use and are able to be bought in stores.  anyway, if there is going to be a removal of these threads...might as well eliminate everything.
who the fuck is frontin for defari? i've been saying to get rid of this shit for awhile now. everyone on wcc doesn't need to know when an album is ripped. are you expecting to get some props by posting up the info? lmao
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Jim Jones

• Banned
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2003, 09:13:10 AM »

who the fuck is frontin for defari? i've been saying to get rid of this shit for awhile now. everyone on wcc doesn't need to know when an album is ripped. are you expecting to get some props by posting up the info? lmao

exactly. really hittman2001, who cares if 50 cent was bootlegged. that shit sold over 800,000 copies its first day. 50 aint gonna loose that much money if u bootlegg his shit cuz hes gonna sell regardless. People like Defari probably won't sell past 200,000. He might not ever reach that number. Besides its like nima said, Why bother to promote an artist on his webiste if you're just gonna post the info on where to download it on the board. If u choose to download it, get the info on your own. Quit being so closeminded & ignorant.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2003, 11:37:14 AM »
you people amaze me, when you all like an artist and you know for sure they are not going to sell alot you get angry at a post like this.  i dont have a problem not posting about where to get albums.  but why all of a sudden people are against it.  i didnt see anyone lobbying for this to stop when 50 cent's album was ripped or any of the mainstream artists or when any of the mixtapes are ripped.  if there is going to be the removal of these "information" threads...might as well remove the rips of singles also.  because they are intended for radio/club use and are able to be bought in stores.  anyway, if there is going to be a removal of these threads...might as well eliminate everything.
yeah no one needs it but shit thats what we are here for to share info and find out these things....i cant believe what im hearing from people right now.....man i just cant believe people are trippin on this shit.........and as for the comment above about being closed minded...how does this sound...."who cares if 50 cent was bootlegged".....thats being closed minded if anything how does that make it right like you say......"People like Defari probably won't sell past 200,000. He might not ever reach that number".....well i mean whos a fault is that sorry but thats just how the game is and if you havent noticed Defari wont be the first in this situation and nothing has been said or done like this before until this album......and you guys should be happy at the fact that it wasnt on IRC til a day after it was released reatail at stores compared to like a month before like some others.......i personally think that this has struck a personal cord with some of you and you guys just gettin angry.......

Hittman2001

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2003, 12:23:42 PM »

not really and you all are acting like me posting up the info costs the artists about 50,000 units sold.  you people make too big of a deal over this
« Last Edit: July 31, 2003, 12:27:40 PM by Hittman2001 »

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2003, 01:29:01 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i think people got heated cause u were promotin defari but at the same time u put his album up for d/l which is totally contradicting

i mean when u promote somebody u tell peeps to go out and buy his album

thats why some peeps got heated about this

Me, i think we all have the right to preview cd's before we buy them, eventually if we do like them then obviously we buy them

However as we all know the westcoast is struggling big time right now ( look at roscoe and daz album sales) and they need some support, we gotta let them know that we still want them to release records