Author Topic: Anyone see footage from the Rolling Stones concert today?  (Read 81 times)

PLANT

Anyone see footage from the Rolling Stones concert today?
« on: July 30, 2003, 07:58:28 PM »
Today in Toronto the Rolling Stones headlined the "S.A.R.S." relief campaign that featured AC/DC, Justin Timberlake, The Who and a handfull of others.  

I was watching it on TV, shit looks fucking nuts!  The broadcasters said that there was about a half-million people there...500,000! it looks like fucking Woodstock in T.O.  They only let one media outlet there I think it was CBC and people were limited to the things they brought because they thought it would get out of hand.  The thing that sucks the most is that the concert goes all day and night and people were only allowed to have 2 bottles of water....

But I heard people started jacking the booths and shit, I dunno I havnt seen it all yet but I bet shits gona get outta hand...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2003, 08:11:27 PM by Represent. »

mrtonguetwista

Re:Anyone see footage from the Rolling Stones concert today?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2003, 08:24:37 PM »
yeah....they showed an aerial view on the news....it was sick.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2003, 10:17:30 PM »
yea, but im happy that SARS is finally over

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2003, 01:07:27 PM »
They were giving away bottles of water there, like 200 000 bottles I think.

There was also a 1/4 mile long BBQ pit.  

The tickets were only US$16 with Justin Timberlake, Rush, The Guess Who, AC/DC, The Rolling Stones plus more on the bill.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2003, 09:57:40 AM »
some friends of mine went, they all said it was crowded close to the front but they still had a great time

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris