Author Topic: The Source's 151 songs of all time.  (Read 1157 times)

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
Re:The Source's 151 songs of all time.
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2003, 10:31:59 AM »
93 til infinity should be much higher and with outkast on the list a few times one of the songs listed should have been players ball.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

eS El Duque

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2003, 11:25:37 AM »
That list is pretty much bullshit... although it would be hard to put something like that together and please everyone...

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2003, 04:38:56 AM »
Mauz how can you ask such a thing...

....as said earlier to do a list like this is unbelievably hard...they would have had to go on sales...overall influence of the tunes to hiphop over the last 10 / 15 years...

...you look at the likes of the old skool groups..they in a sense made hiphop what it is today...by that i mean that todays artists are influences and get ideas from the past masters...

...its all been said before but it is a pity that the hiphop loving community of today ie eminem, 50 cent, ja whatever dont know and probably will only hear about 5% of the tracks / groups mentioned here on the likes of mtv, bet, on the net / radio.

Yo Frank...you need to take a chin check for this statement:
"I agree this list is bullshit, missing tons of stuff. Wheres the TWIN HYPE - DO IT TO THA CROWD that was bangin!!! But yah, Paris raped back when he came out, Devil Made Me Do It, Break The Grip Of Shame some of the heaviest rap songs ever. I'm a honky and those tracks made me wanna kill whitey. "

cos its ridiculous...yes there are many of my personal favourites missing off there..but then again ive been buying hiphop since about '85 and i sure as hell cant name a definitive 150 of my own top tunes.

In a sense i love so many its impossible...of course i have some that ill bump till i die and have to play every day..all the same its sometimes just dependant on my mood etc at the time

mauzip

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2003, 05:39:41 AM »
Mauz how can you ask such a thing...

....as said earlier to do a list like this is unbelievably hard...they would have had to go on sales...overall influence of the tunes to hiphop over the last 10 / 15 years...

...you look at the likes of the old skool groups..they in a sense made hiphop what it is today...by that i mean that todays artists are influences and get ideas from the past masters...

i mean, they probably give points or something to those songs and the one with the most point ends up on #1

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2003, 05:53:27 AM »
Not for some of the songs on there honey...

...you gotta remember back in the day it was virtuall unheard to have hiphop played on commercial tv / radio... we had to crowd round one slot a week for yo mtv raps to see the vids

...sayin that the message and white lines dont do it were hits in discos at the time...esp with the anti coke campaigns everywhere cos that was the devil of the 80's...

...im sure some songs on there like stan etc were on play time...sales...countries sold well in etc etc

but face it some were jus classics full stop  ;D

Mudpole

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2003, 02:40:42 PM »
What bout Cubes - Nigga You Love to Hate, also how tha
fuck did Ja fools ass manage to sneak on there???

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2003, 12:09:07 PM »
No .........Worst Comes to Worst by Dilated Peoples.

ARE U ON CRACK !!!!!!!!!!

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!

Don Breezio

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2003, 12:12:13 PM »
you guys think this list is bad...have u seen the sources top 115 rappers from 1988-2003? what a bullshit list...ill post it soon...