Author Topic: Is it just me or is The Game really repetitive?  (Read 206 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Is it just me or is The Game really repetitive?
« on: August 01, 2003, 08:45:30 PM »
when he first started put with that CD with Nas & his first Mixtape i thought he was real dope and everything, but now i find he's really repetitive. His songs mostly sound the same. Oh well, maybe his album will be dope i think it has a lot of potential as long as he keeps the Aftermath appearances to a minimum. Drop your thoughts

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

You Ain't Shit

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DPGC-WSCG-4LIFE
Re:Is it just me or is The Game really repetitive?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2003, 09:38:12 PM »
u stupid bitCh

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2003, 09:41:57 PM »
Itz juss mixtape shiet. Hiz real alBum'll B all original.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Jome

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2003, 09:52:14 PM »
He does some verse recycling yeah, and sometimes retwists on old verses..
But he spit fire 95% of the time, imo..
I can imagine his voice getting boring after 70 min of a CD.. but spiced up with guests and shit.. I think he can make a very dope album.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2003, 10:15:12 PM »
compared to some of the rappers that get a lot of attention here, the game's style gets far from repetitive.

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2003, 10:10:31 AM »
Give an example of repetiveness.  I never heard his music before, but I just bought his album from Friscostreetshow.com.  Should be here Monday. 8)

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2003, 10:45:06 AM »
Mannn, it's like this.....

None of tha GAME material that JT the bigga figga puttin out now is official, it's all just fuckin around.....
The album dat waz put out wit Nas was taken off shelves because of tha fact that JT put it together without Nas's permission, he bought verses off nas but didnt tell him about that project, but shiiit, JT still made his money cuzz Nas decided not to sue, he aint gone be a lil bitch.....and that so called double cd Game album dats out now, dats just shit dat JT & Game fucked around wit during tha last 4 years.....Dats why U see recycled verses and shit cuzz it waz all just playin around and freestylin etc.....It aint official, trust me, when this man actually sits down and writes 2 a beat, he's fuckin off da chain.....Y'all just watch & see.....

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2003, 11:49:38 AM »
u stupid bitCh

sorry you tough Crip

anyways i think he could drop a real dope albums, you're probably right that his non-freestyle shit'll be dope

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2003, 12:51:22 PM »
Mannn, it's like this.....

None of tha GAME material that JT the bigga figga puttin out now is official, it's all just fuckin around.....
The album dat waz put out wit Nas was taken off shelves because of tha fact that JT put it together without Nas's permission, he bought verses off nas but didnt tell him about that project, but shiiit, JT still made his money cuzz Nas decided not to sue, he aint gone be a lil bitch.....and that so called double cd Game album dats out now, dats just shit dat JT & Game fucked around wit during tha last 4 years.....Dats why U see recycled verses and shit cuzz it waz all just playin around and freestylin etc.....It aint official, trust me, when this man actually sits down and writes 2 a beat, he's fuckin off da chain.....Y'all just watch & see.....
Speak on it homie...

If it's Bay area related...(Jt the bigga figga)
Then I'll wait for Rod to come thru wit the 411.
and I'll run wit it.

Thanx for the real story homie.
Hatesrats 2oooTre

Jim Jones

• Banned
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2003, 01:07:25 PM »
His lyrics might sound repetitive by talkin bout the same shit all the time but for some reason i'm feelin him. I hope he does good and brings the westcoast back. I have his Live From Compton CD and that shit was worth my 14$. The only thing i dont like from it was the sound quality on the first cd.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2003, 01:07:55 PM by Realizm »

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2003, 03:27:42 PM »
yeah i agree wit ya lincoln, when i first heard his shit, iwas like whoa, but nows his like lloyd banks, dope lyrics n flow but his like soundin exactly the same on every verse, his flow and everything, but like rod said, its jus mixtape shit, i wanna hear him on his album when theres subject matter and dre beats n guidance n shit n then we'll see how he coems out.............same with banks, id rather hear his album than these verses cuz they all startin to sound the same by both

peace