Author Topic: Dr._Lincoln calling all music downloaders/burners thieves!  (Read 368 times)

Don Breezio

Re:Dr._Lincoln calling all music downloaders/burners thieves!
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2003, 02:39:16 PM »
and i make near 60k a year so i have more than enough cash to spend on cds...but i'll never support artists who dont give a shit about their fans and flaunt their money and riches in videos constantly

exactly...if they get on a video with 6 rolex's and a bentley...they dont need my money.
i hope you realize almost all of that shit is rented.

yes i do realize that...but what im saying is that most of them do own that stuff...any of the big names in rap that only talk about money (mainly cash money bitches) have like 20 cars and whatever and then complain that they need more money...

naw, it aint about needing more money. Its about receiving the money youve worked for. If they chose to give out money to charity later, that should be THEIR decision. It shouldnt be stolen from them before they even receive it. Im not gonna say they NEED more money. But shit, give em what they deserve. Its not their fault that they might make more money then me or you...but that doesnt mean they shouldnt receive it eitha.

yes i understand that...but im not gonna go buy an artists cd that is a billionaire unless i am really really feellin them....and if they wanna complain cuz they arent getting my 6 cents (yes thats all that artists get from cds...or somewhere around there) then thats their problem. and its a big thing for me to not buy that because the ones that complain are usually the ones that are flashing it all around and rapping about ice...i am totally against that kind of rap and i wont support it...if i like a song ill download it...but i wont use my money to support it just so they can flash more "ice"

Don Breezio

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2003, 02:41:40 PM »
there are some artists though that make millions or billions and do good things with their money...diddy flashes shit around all the time...but yet he has his own charity (daddy's house)...i think theres a few other artists like that. but i really wont even buy a diddy cd...but thats just cuz his stuff gets old after awhile.

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2003, 02:43:03 PM »
and i make near 60k a year so i have more than enough cash to spend on cds...but i'll never support artists who dont give a shit about their fans and flaunt their money and riches in videos constantly

exactly...if they get on a video with 6 rolex's and a bentley...they dont need my money.
i hope you realize almost all of that shit is rented.

yes i do realize that...but what im saying is that most of them do own that stuff...any of the big names in rap that only talk about money (mainly cash money bitches) have like 20 cars and whatever and then complain that they need more money...

naw, it aint about needing more money. Its about receiving the money youve worked for. If they chose to give out money to charity later, that should be THEIR decision. It shouldnt be stolen from them before they even receive it. Im not gonna say they NEED more money. But shit, give em what they deserve. Its not their fault that they might make more money then me or you...but that doesnt mean they shouldnt receive it eitha.

yes i understand that...but im not gonna go buy an artists cd that is a billionaire unless i am really really feellin them....and if they wanna complain cuz they arent getting my 6 cents (yes thats all that artists get from cds...or somewhere around there) then thats their problem. and its a big thing for me to not buy that because the ones that complain are usually the ones that are flashing it all around and rapping about ice...i am totally against that kind of rap and i wont support it...if i like a song ill download it...but i wont use my money to support it just so they can flash more "ice"

well we'll jus agree to disagree on thiz...lol

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2003, 05:16:45 PM »
all these artist flashing money, cars and bitches hmmmmmm u guys must be referring to rappers like 50 cent,nelly,jayz puff daddy etc...
yeah those guys have millions and shit and some of them do bitch about it

HOWEVER rappers like the ones Dr. Lincoln has in his sigs and profile(ras kass, planet asia, krondon) those guys i have never ever seen them flash anything, shit to be honest i have never seen a music video from them

u cannot categorize Nelly, 50 cent, jay z, cash money, no limit with rappers like Ras Kass, planet asia, sly boogy,defari etc.... There is no comparison money wise

i guess this situation in the music business can only be said like this
"THE RICH GET RICHER WHILE THE POOR GET POORER"

if u ever see ras kass, sly boogy or any other of these rappers flashing bling bling u bets believe that its rented

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2003, 08:43:48 PM »
yah, but if u work for yur money...u work for yur money. And u dont want ANY of it taken from u. Some of em might not NEED it, but they did earn...and i dont think we should assume that just cus they might make a lot of money...that they shouldnt get it. Plus, not all rappers...etc...are rich. Theres a lotta rappas out there grindin all year tah make an album and only get 30-40 thousand out of it...and they are getting jacked also frum tha internet bootleg shit.

that's exactly what i'm tryin to say. imagine goin to work to get your paycheck and they say you can't have it. whether you need it or not its still yours that you worked for

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2003, 10:08:11 AM »
dr lincoln is one of the biggest pieces of shit ive seen in here...he acts like he's tight with all these artists and he's crusading to help their sales...i think he thinks of himself as a rep for the music industry or something...he's completely dillusional...

if you make 60k a year then why do waste time online with a bunch of teenagers? you obviously have a full-time job
obviously...i just got it....i've been coming to this forum for years...since it was first formed...plus i live in the east and there is no exposure for west coast hip hop out here...so i learn about a lot of my music (THAT I DOWNLOADS) here

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2003, 12:05:03 PM »
dr lincoln is one of the biggest pieces of shit ive seen in here...he acts like he's tight with all these artists and he's crusading to help their sales...i think he thinks of himself as a rep for the music industry or something...he's completely dillusional...

if you make 60k a year then why do waste time online with a bunch of teenagers? you obviously have a full-time job
plus i live in the east and there is no exposure for west coast hip hop out here...

^^that right thea is exactly why i wont buy eastcoast CD'z...until they quit hatin, i kant support they shit...

Jome

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2003, 04:49:32 PM »

^^that right thea is exactly why i wont buy eastcoast CD'z...until they quit hatin, i kant support they shit...

That's what many Eastcoast-headz say too.. lol

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2003, 07:18:26 PM »
oh well. Karma's a muthafucka, you guys keep downloading full albums  & I'll keep buying them. What goes around, comes around

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2003, 03:10:39 AM »

That's what many Eastcoast-headz say too.. lol

and they stupid for sayin it...spend a day listenin tah Hot 97 or sum NY bullshit station...and u tell me HOW many westcoast songs u hear through the course of the day. Then come out here and listenin to our stations...and see how much our stations support they shit. They dont play shit out there, unless its Snoop or Dre. Honestly, they hatin...but in a way...their smart. When tha West was on top...they played our shit out there...then realized they wanted to be ontop again, n stopped. Thas wha i wish westcoast stations would do to them. Theres far more people in Kali then in NY, they would really suffer in Westcoast stations actually took a stand.

Nightfall

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2003, 04:39:37 AM »
why the sudden hate for dr. lincoln?!

the dude knows his hip-hop and does wut every true fan should, goes out and buys the cd's

im tryen to buy these cd's myself, but i dont always manage to do so cauz i live in europe, but sometimes im lucky enough to find an album i really like..and cop it
« Last Edit: August 04, 2003, 06:36:44 AM by Nightfall »

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2003, 06:10:20 AM »
I agree with Dr Lincoln when it comes to tha principal... You're Stealing... I'd be mad as fuck if I was a Rapper and people were taking my shit...  Maybe they are rich, big house, grip of cars and jewelry.. but I bet they got bigger bills too. Employees they need to pay... and they deserve their money as much as tha next man.

But then on tha flipside... It's like just cuz you burn, and not buy doesn't make you any less of a fan. Maybe cuz you aint coughin up tha doe but you're still supporting tha artist just by listening to their music. I've downloaded shit from Heiro, Planet Asia.. all them but I'm still a big fan. I just either cant afford or can't find all their stuff. I have over 200 original cd's... and this foo' can have tha same 200 burnt cd's but I wouldnt' consider myself a bigger fan.

And them Renting shit shouldn't bring them any sympathy... if they got money for renting shiny ass bling bling, they should get jacked for that... just for tryna front...

But like homie above said, what goes around comes around... one of these dayz some one is gonna come up on your comp... along with them thousands of MP3's..

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

JTSimon

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2003, 12:14:29 PM »
Make a CD worth buying and stop complaining

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2003, 01:14:45 PM »

You are an idiot.

I'm never going to buy a CD from an artist that is born in or reps the westcoast of the U.S. again because the west is "hatin'" on Canadian hip-hop.  I just can't support that shit.

^^^ sound rediculous?

Don Breezio

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2003, 01:34:15 PM »
i refuse to support anything that does nothing but flash jewelry and talk about ho's and cars...if its good hip hop i will support it. some stuff is hard to find and its hard to support that...sometimes i cant afford it...considering im jobless at the moment and paying for college and insurance...but i support GOOD artists when i can. but when i say GOOD i mean im not gonna support cash money (unless its tq), im not gonna support No Limit, im not gonna support Chingy or Nelly or Ja Rule....if i want something of theirs i will download it but i feel that that type of music isnt quality music and i dont want ot buy it.