Author Topic: SPICE 1  (Read 192 times)

ACBLA

SPICE 1
« on: August 01, 2003, 06:27:55 AM »
First of all i wanna say wassup to everybody. Anyway I have a question for you all Spice 1 fans. I've heard Spice made this album in 1995, Full Metal Jacket, but his record label didn't release it. Is it out somehow on the net? If it is, how is it? Thanx.

P.S.
Is this discography complete? (dont consider compilations like Playa Project etc. Just solo albums).

SPICE 1 -1988- Let It Be Known
SPICE 1 -1992- Spice 1
SPICE 1 -1993- 187 He Wrote
SPICE 1 -1994- AmeriKKKa's Nightmare
SPICE 1 -1995- 1990 Sick
SPICE 1 -1997- The Black Bossalini
SPICE 1 -1998- Hits
SPICE 1 -1999- Immortalized
SPICE 1 -2000- The Last Dance
SPICE 1 -2001- Hits II- Ganked & Gaffled
SPICE 1 -2002- Hits III
SPICE 1 -2002- Spiceberg Slim

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re:SPICE 1
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2003, 06:35:37 AM »
First of all i wanna say wassup to everybody. Anyway I have a question for you all Spice 1 fans. I've heard Spice made this album in 1995, Full Metal Jacket, but his record label didn't release it. Is it out somehow on the net? If it is, how is it? Thanx.

this is the first i've heard about this, i'd like to hear it. any other info on it?

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

ACBLA

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2003, 06:56:06 AM »
It's listed in a lot of online stores, but they say it's unavailable at the moment. You know..
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&uid=CASS70307301151&sql=A3r68mppf9foo

Artist  Spice 1
Album Title  Full Metal Jacket
Date of Release  Nov 7, 1995  

Here there's an interview (check it, it's dope) to Spice 1 too. He talks about it
http://chat.daveyd.com/interviewspice1.html

That's what he says:
I read in the Vibe History of Hiphop that you had an album called "Full Metal Jacket", did that ever happen?

No. Never was. They get a gang of shit twisted. Instead of doing like you and calling and talking to me, they just make it all up.

Shark

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2003, 08:47:01 AM »
Spice is one of my fav from the bay area, i havnt heard about this other album though, I'd be interested to purchase it fo sure.

Megaveli

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2003, 09:22:39 AM »

I read in the Vibe History of Hiphop that you had an album called "Full Metal Jacket", did that ever happen?

No. Never was. They get a gang of shit twisted. Instead of doing like you and calling and talking to me, they just make it all up.

that says it all that labum does not exist; it was made up by VIBE Magazine

ACBLA

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2003, 09:43:03 AM »
Yeah, i wanted to be sure. Maybe it was an album like MONEY RUN. Or maybe the label released it somehow. I'm talking about mp3's, since it's obvious you cant buy it! Problem is that it's listed in almost all the online stores of music. So i just asked you all. Thanx for the replies. Peace.

S.J

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2003, 10:27:11 AM »
I thought he wasn't allowed to call the album Full Metal Jacket so changed the name
But I'm a do it like this so your crew will know
Tie your leg to a car, tie the other to a pole
Talk shit and laugh cause I got the gift of gab
Hop in the car, hit the gas, watch your ass split in half
-Rappin Ron

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2003, 10:48:55 AM »
Sept. 5th BIG SHOW IN GILROY, CA featuring Spice-1, Sean-T, C-Lim, Arsen, Mista CaNE, Nocturnal Hustlers..............RODZILLA............lol, BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

ACBLA

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2003, 02:02:38 PM »
I thought he wasn't allowed to call the album Full Metal Jacket so changed the name
To? 1990- Sick?

lilsagg

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2003, 02:12:48 PM »
Ohh Boy, remember when Spiggidy Spice-1 was hollering MURDA SHOW with MC Eiht, Str'8'ght G shit.

ACBLA

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2003, 11:22:19 PM »
Fo sho'! ;)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2003, 08:04:21 AM »
Sept. 5th BIG SHOW IN GILROY, CA featuring Spice-1, Sean-T, C-Lim, Arsen, Mista CaNE, Nocturnal Hustlers..............RODZILLA............lol, BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!

Well...If I could, I would be there, the only problem is...I live in Belgium  ;D

T.J.

• Wanksta
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my deck
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2003, 08:15:26 AM »

heyyyy thats my birthday!!  :o ;D

kick ass album