Author Topic: goldberg not a team player  (Read 133 times)

pinche juan

• 'G'
  • what more can i say
goldberg not a team player
« on: August 05, 2003, 09:55:32 AM »
The SummerSlam main-event was of course change last night and RAW. Already, many people are calling this a 'conspiracy' and blaming one man, that being Triple H.

According to sources, the change is more because of Goldberg than anyone else. There has been a great expectation on Goldberg since he joined the company, expectations that he has not lived up to. The general consensus was that if he faced Triple H, the company would have to give him the title, an idea that they have been more and more against doing.

Triple H injured his groin last week and will definitely not be 100% going into SummerSlam. By adding a pretty big gimmick to the match, it will take the burden away from Triple H to work his usual style.

There is another reason why the match may have changed. When Triple H injured himself last week, Vince McMahon personally asked Goldberg to replace the Champion for the tour of Australia. There is a clause in Goldberg's contract that prevents him from going overseas. Nonetheless, McMahon still asked and was met with an answer of no from Goldberg. McMahon said that this wasn't a problem but many in the company see things very differently.

A number of the people felt that Goldberg's handling of the situation was unprofessional, as he did not help the company when they clearly needed it. While Goldberg was within his rights not to go, many felt that this confirmed that he is not a "team player" in the company. In conjunction to all of this, Goldberg is very inflexible when it comes to working house shows, and for these reasons, many don't expect Goldberg to remain with the company much longer. If he does leave, many will see his rejection to McMahon as the prominent catalyst. We will keep you updated.

now i hope hhh keeps the title

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
Re:goldberg not a team player
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2003, 10:09:45 AM »
It's not really Goldberg's fault that he hasn't lived up to the billing because just look at the way they were using Goldberg when he first got there. Now they've gone back to what WCW did to make Goldberg famous which is destory everyone in under 5 minutes.

As for Goldberg, he's done something like this before. Remember back in WCW when they turned him heel? Now everyone knows that Goldberg would make a better heel than face because he has the look of a heel and his mic skills aren't good enough for him to be a face. However Goldberg cried in the back because he said he didn't like the fans booing him.

I hope Jericho or Nash or Orton win the title

pinche juan

• 'G'
  • what more can i say
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2003, 10:30:23 AM »
i hope they give to jericho. did you hear about the y2j vs. nash in the hair vs. hair match thats gonna be crazy. nash is supposed to lose the match cause of some movie he is gonna be in

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2003, 10:38:38 AM »
I just can't picture Jericho or Nash without the long hair.

But after Angle & Kane have never been stronger seen since losing their hair, so who knows what this will do for Jericho or Nash.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2003, 11:50:03 AM »
Goldberg being a selfish prick? This isnt new news.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll