Author Topic: Don't support EA sports laziness  (Read 512 times)

Sub-Z

Don't support EA sports laziness
« on: July 23, 2002, 08:56:13 AM »
I think everyone should stop buying ea sports games,if you buy ea sports game severy year (madden 2001->2002>2003) you aint gettin ya $50 worth,every year they put out basically the same game,its basically a $50 roster update for all sports,the barely improve graphics at all,maybe add a small mode here and there,but yet still not worth the $50 you pay

madden has been basically the same for the past 3 years and i dont understand why people continue to waste money,but their NCAA football games are the only exception,they get better every year

i think the people that are all up on ea's nuts should look at what theyre doin,theyre just livin off the name ea,with the exception of college football,i say get segas sports games this year (sega always addresses the problems in the games and always improves it)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

HBKid_Jr

Re: Don't support EA sports laziness
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2002, 10:01:29 AM »
wit there other games they bein lazy but wit madden its a different story.  how r u supposed to make changes when you already perfected tha game.  there r no changes to be made on madden,  greatest sports series ever.  but tha rest of there games have fallen off.  HHL series is tha same every year.  they improved some things but its only average.  an triple play series has sucked since tp99.  nba live series has sucked since i think 99.  but madden is tha cremdalacrem of sport games

Sub-Z

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2002, 10:07:57 AM »
madden isnt all that man,it aint even close to perfected,if they wanna change somethin in the game they need to get rid of the terrible player models,mother fuckers look like their head is bigger than the rest of their body

Instant_Killa

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2002, 10:18:25 AM »
ea sports is really lazy, every year they only have minor game changes in their software. They wanna make money by making enhancements slowly in their games. However, still, its all good.

peace

bez

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2002, 11:39:46 AM »
e.a was the shit like from 94 to 99 but since then I think its been all graphics and no gameplay.  They bore me now.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2002, 01:05:29 PM »
I think everyone should stop buying ea sports games,if you buy ea sports game severy year (madden 2001->2002>2003) you aint gettin ya $50 worth,every year they put out basically the same game,its basically a $50 roster update for all sports,the barely improve graphics at all,maybe add a small mode here and there,but yet still not worth the $50 you pay

madden has been basically the same for the past 3 years and i dont understand why people continue to waste money,but their NCAA football games are the only exception,they get better every year

i think the people that are all up on ea's nuts should look at what theyre doin,theyre just livin off the name ea,with the exception of college football,i say get segas sports games this year (sega always addresses the problems in the games and always improves it)

Word, nigga. It's the same crap over and over again
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Big BpG

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2002, 01:05:40 PM »
Madden the same for the last three years... Hah!

Madden 2002 was such a dope ass upgrade from Madden 2001, the passing defense in 2001 sucked... players would make one handed grabs all the time... now the defense rocks... players can't make one handed grabs all the time... the running game gained an awesome amount of upgrades... except if you ran into ur lineman, you would get stuck on their backs.... they fixed that for this year... YES! .... they DON'T NEED TO IMPROVE GRAPHICS... so don't say that the graphics need changing... gameplay is becoming awesome in this game....

I just got NCAA and wow, from last years  version, its awesome! I can finally break tackles with the running back... passing is awesome...i still have more to discover from this game...a trophy room... DOPE!.... cheerleaders... in 3D MODELS...

NBA Live... according to many game sources, NBA Live will be the most improved Basketball game this year.... i remember reading somewhere, that finally this game is feeling more like a basketball game... from previous NBA Live series they have done simple upgrades, hardly touching the coding... this year, they said they simply erased all of their previous coding, and started fresh in certain areas... like dribbling... you can finally pull of a cross-over into a spin into a fade away jumper w/o waiting for the player to complete each move... they said they've changed their blocking engine... so you can now block balls a lot easier, no more... ball goes through the hand glitch... balls get blocked into the crowd, blocked off of the backboard... players now jump over the out of bounds line to try and save the ball, while stumbling into the first row of the crowd... they have the actual coaches on the sidelines... players cheer from the bench... like in 2k2.... their coming back...

as for NHL...  its the best hockey game out there.... nothing much has come out on this game yet, but more is to come...

EA being LAZY? Hah! They're finally realizing what they need to do to fix their games... they have competitors now.... before they didn't so people would buy their games regardless, but now Sega Sports is inching on their ass and we are going to see some awesome games... from both sides... but EA is awesome... their football franchise is the best... they know how to handle it and their finally going to get what they need to do that to their other games... the only reason people give SEGA credit now is because their finally doing what EA has done... WORKED THEIR TALE OFF... EA didn't become good on accident, they worked hard, became lazy cause they had no one to compete with, but now SEGA is getting their so EA has to punch harder...

-Big BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Sub-Z

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2002, 01:34:30 PM »
theyre finally realizing they been LAZY,nba live might be most improved but itll still be the worst bball game out,triple play shouldnt even be considered a game (bette rused as a frisbe or a coaster),ncaa always gets better they do a good job wit it,other than AI improvements theres nothing,maybe a small mini game mode or whatever but nothing big,and YES THE GRAPHICS DO NEED TO BE RE DONE,either that or make the players damn heads smaller,madden will be outdone in gameplay and features this year by nfl2k3,i can gurantee that,sega is gonna give ea a run for their money this year in hockey,theyve already got em beat in basketball and it isnt gonna change for a loong time

you just cant admit that yur payin 50 bux over for th esame game with a new year printed on it

Big BpG

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2002, 09:27:02 PM »
Not at all man... you think they just update the rosters and have the game laying around for months... reprint the year and bam, call it a new game?

Let Me Run It Down One More Time...

Madden 2003: Gameplay Upgrades For This Year
The 2003 edition features new animations on both offense and defense, new field textures, hand animations (fingers move!) and other features that will make Madden's hardcore following excited. By now, even the most casual gamer has heard of Madden and knows what to expect from year to year: the most authentic NFL sim possible.

and

New for Madden NFL 2003 is the addition of a new mini-game, appropriately entitled Mini-camp, a completely overhauled audio engine to improve the super stale commentary and online gameplay for the PlayStation 2. There's a lot more new but those three enhancements lead the pack and should appeal to the casual football gamer.

Also

Create A Play
This could be the most comprehensive create-a-play feature in a football videogame ever. Most of the time, we're content with simply picking from an assortment of ins, posts and hook patterns of varying depth for our receivers. In Madden 2003, you have to put the route together the old fashion way

That's  tight... I've always wanted to create my own play, they didn't have that last year...

Custom Formations
What good are all of those custom plays if you're still limited by old school formations. This is an innovation you didn't even know you wanted until now. You can actually reposition your players into a formation of your choosing so that they might be better positioned to run that play you just created above. You can't do anything crazy like three guys on the offensive line or anything and you're still required to adhere to NFL rules for number of players off the line of scrimmage, but the many wonderful possibilities are there.

little different, ill definetly try it out, im not a football genius, so i  dont know about all the cool shit i could do with a formation, but yea, I'd try this out... if it's cool, ill definetly utilize it...

Custom Playbook
If you don't have the patience to build your arsenal from scratch, the custom playbook is the way to go. Think of it as shopping for you offense, or defense for that matter. Simply open up the playbook of any NFL coach, take the ones you want and leave the rest, like a salad bar. You can marvel at your new collection of touchdown scoring beauties and adjust accordingly when you're done

Test Out Your Play
You sure as hell don't want to test your Frankenstein of a play under real game conditions so it's better to run through it with your personnel right then and there. In this clip, that middle bunch formation and nutty play they created is put to the test and you can see the four, count 'em four, straight completions they get out of it.

other goodies

Exporting Your Franchise Team
For the hardcore Madden nuts out there, and we know there are millions of you, you'll be happy to know you can now use your franchise team in an exhibition game against a buddy or against the CPU. That franchise team you've worked so hard to build with veteran free agents, young rookies and valuable role players will now be available outside the franchise mode. If your franchise squad is a source of pride, which it damn well should be, then you'll appreciate the fact that they've been set free to run amok against other human controlled or CPU controlled teams in exhibition mode.

that's gonna be my favorite upgrade, I love franchise mode, now I can export my team and play  them online against some nut who thinks they can beat me... Hah!

and... Al Michaels will replace Pat Summeral, They've adopted a lot of Sega Sports enhancements to tighten up the competitiveness of the two companies... all in all.... IT'S NOT THE SAME GAME....

oh, I forgot one more thing...

Madden Is Also Online This Year

props to ign.com for all that info...

-Big BpG

From '93 to '05

Big BpG

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2002, 09:30:46 PM »
Oh and about NBA Live, when more comes out on that, I'll definetly post it up..... but it won't be the worst bsktball game this year...

1. NBA 2k3
2. NBA Live 2003
3. NBA Shootout 2003

-Big BpG

From '93 to '05

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2002, 09:33:41 PM »
Not at all man... you think they just update the rosters and have the game laying around for months... reprint the year and bam, call it a new game?

Let Me Run It Down One More Time...

Madden 2003: Gameplay Upgrades For This Year
The 2003 edition features new animations on both offense and defense, new field textures, hand animations (fingers move!) and other features that will make Madden's hardcore following excited. By now, even the most casual gamer has heard of Madden and knows what to expect from year to year: the most authentic NFL sim possible.

and

New for Madden NFL 2003 is the addition of a new mini-game, appropriately entitled Mini-camp, a completely overhauled audio engine to improve the super stale commentary and online gameplay for the PlayStation 2. There's a lot more new but those three enhancements lead the pack and should appeal to the casual football gamer.

Also

Create A Play
This could be the most comprehensive create-a-play feature in a football videogame ever. Most of the time, we're content with simply picking from an assortment of ins, posts and hook patterns of varying depth for our receivers. In Madden 2003, you have to put the route together the old fashion way

That's  tight... I've always wanted to create my own play, they didn't have that last year...

Custom Formations
What good are all of those custom plays if you're still limited by old school formations. This is an innovation you didn't even know you wanted until now. You can actually reposition your players into a formation of your choosing so that they might be better positioned to run that play you just created above. You can't do anything crazy like three guys on the offensive line or anything and you're still required to adhere to NFL rules for number of players off the line of scrimmage, but the many wonderful possibilities are there.

little different, ill definetly try it out, im not a football genius, so i  dont know about all the cool shit i could do with a formation, but yea, I'd try this out... if it's cool, ill definetly utilize it...

Custom Playbook
If you don't have the patience to build your arsenal from scratch, the custom playbook is the way to go. Think of it as shopping for you offense, or defense for that matter. Simply open up the playbook of any NFL coach, take the ones you want and leave the rest, like a salad bar. You can marvel at your new collection of touchdown scoring beauties and adjust accordingly when you're done

Test Out Your Play
You sure as hell don't want to test your Frankenstein of a play under real game conditions so it's better to run through it with your personnel right then and there. In this clip, that middle bunch formation and nutty play they created is put to the test and you can see the four, count 'em four, straight completions they get out of it.

other goodies

Exporting Your Franchise Team
For the hardcore Madden nuts out there, and we know there are millions of you, you'll be happy to know you can now use your franchise team in an exhibition game against a buddy or against the CPU. That franchise team you've worked so hard to build with veteran free agents, young rookies and valuable role players will now be available outside the franchise mode. If your franchise squad is a source of pride, which it damn well should be, then you'll appreciate the fact that they've been set free to run amok against other human controlled or CPU controlled teams in exhibition mode.

that's gonna be my favorite upgrade, I love franchise mode, now I can export my team and play  them online against some nut who thinks they can beat me... Hah!

and... Al Michaels will replace Pat Summeral, They've adopted a lot of Sega Sports enhancements to tighten up the competitiveness of the two companies... all in all.... IT'S NOT THE SAME GAME....

oh, I forgot one more thing...

Madden Is Also Online This Year

props to ign.com for all that info...

-Big BpG

sounds dope especially about usin your franchise team in exhibition,  suck tho summeral aint doin commentary no more

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2002, 12:12:23 AM »
Oh and about NBA Live, when more comes out on that, I'll definetly post it up..... but it won't be the worst bsktball game this year...

1. NBA 2k3
2. NBA Live 2003
3. NBA Shootout 2003

-Big BpG

Dude, I ain't hatin, but how can you say what will, and will not be the best game if it hasn't come out?

Big BpG

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2002, 07:16:27 AM »
Maybe because the biggest NBA games right now are NBA 2k2, NBA Live and NBA Shootout, and NBA Shootout is created by 989 and they have never had a successful series in their basketball games... only in football... Gameday 98 outsold Madden 98.... so NBA Live will definetly be holding their own....

-Big BpG

From '93 to '05

Sub-Z

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2002, 07:42:09 AM »
you just proved my point bpg,all theyre doin  makin small changes to the gameplay (and making players fingers move,wow world series baseball 2k2 on dreamcast did that!)add a little mini game,put in create a play which most other football games have had for the past 2 years anyways,custom playbooks...whats big about that? nfl2k2 had that last year,nfl2k1 for dreamcast had online play

seems like ea is just catching up to the others

Big BpG

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2002, 11:17:21 AM »
Whatever you say "Dunny"

but Madden is the best selling Game because of it's GAMEPLAY, why change what has already been perfected...

-Big BpG

From '93 to '05