Author Topic: Why the hell does Fabolous come off dope on Westcoast tracks ?  (Read 637 times)

Jome

I dont get this.. after 2 poppy radio-friendly albums, and a lot of r'n'b-cameos..
Suddenly! he comes off dope on:

* Give a fuck remix feat. Ras Kass
* Act like you know me feat. Knoc-Turn'al & Shade Sheist

And then lately on..

* Fall Back feat. Lloyd Banks, Brandy & Who Kid

I don't get it.. is it the competition from supreme MC's like Ras Kass & Lloyd Banks that makes him raise the bar..  ???

eS El Duque

Re:Why the hell does Fabolous come off dope on Westcoast tracks ?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2003, 07:54:41 PM »
yo i was wondering the same shit...he comes off tight on that lloyd banks track

Doggystylin

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2003, 08:57:02 PM »
well i dunno bout yall but i thought he always was pretty coo, but some of his songs i just cant stand but i was really feelin "into you"

mauzip

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2003, 01:07:14 AM »
fabolous comes dope 90% of his guest appereances. i don't like his solo stuff though

We Fly High

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2003, 01:27:47 AM »
with nate on you cant deny it. and on e-40s automatic remix too.

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2003, 02:51:41 AM »
Fab really ain't as bad as people make him to be. He's got sick punchlines.

Jome

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2003, 03:07:52 AM »
Fab really ain't as bad as people make him to be. He's got sick punchlines.

On his solo albums he sounds like a stuckup Beverly Hills kid who doesn't care about the album cuz he knows the pop audience will swallow it.. and the beats he gets/chooses sounds like Irv Gotti meets Max Martin.

I seriously thought he was finished as a rapper after M.O.P. humiliated him on "Keeping it gangsta remix", and laughed at him in interviews afterwards. That was great.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2003, 03:08:45 AM by LiL Fame »

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2003, 05:52:39 AM »
His guest appearances ain't bad...but someone should tell him that he needs to get rid of those earrings  ;D

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2003, 11:09:47 AM »
FaBolous juss got flow. Hiz wurd play iz tyte az fukk!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2003, 10:53:15 AM »
fabolous got a sick flow when his on game..........his word plays pretty good to, he jus needs to talk about shit that ppl wanna hear more................i mean the shit he spit at the beginnin of his fresstyles with  the game was sick, he was killin them tracks but then he starts spittin dry shit near the end but his aiight from wat ive heard of him..........but i aint heard his two albums though but from what ive heard,  he gettin hated OTT

Jome

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2003, 09:41:20 PM »
fabolous got a sick flow when his on game..........his word plays pretty good to, he jus needs to talk about shit that ppl wanna hear more................i mean the shit he spit at the beginnin of his fresstyles with  the game was sick, he was killin them tracks but then he starts spittin dry shit near the end but his aiight from wat ive heard of him..........but i aint heard his two albums though but from what ive heard,  he gettin hated OTT

What do you know about this when you haven't heard his albums..
Aint nobody hating on him... proper hiphopfans hate on his albums.

T.J.

• Wanksta
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my deck
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2003, 12:44:35 AM »
fabolous is pretty dope, but he's fuckin fake

kick ass album

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2003, 04:49:11 PM »

What do you know about this when you haven't heard his albums..
Aint nobody hating on him... proper hiphopfans hate on his albums.

lol pleez foo, nuff cats hatin on fabolous but nuff kats recognize he got skills to..............game wouldnt go on record with anybody imo.........but your right, i dont know much about fabolous but i hold my opinion from what ive heard which is good enough

and whats with the proper hiphopfans bullshit?  real hiphop fans wont listen to his albums until they hear sumthing worth hearin...........real hiphop fans  realise that snoops in a zone at the moment that he hasnt reached for ages instead of bitchin about him workin with neptunes, truth is with kats like yourself, sometimes i wonder even if he creadted sumthing seriously great with the neptunes youd still hate.........and no i dont think he has yet before you start, but his sure spittin well.......listen to that joint on the star trak comp.........but im sure you already have......you need to stop listenin that bubba bullshit and open ya ears, he'd be wack without timbaland beats, thats the only reason many cats listen to him is cuz of his beats..........though i giv him credit, his def improved......

i dunno.........sometime foo's jus make me wonder about the bullshit they sipt about being a "proper hip hop fan"...................................truth is you wont truly understand real hip hop unless you raised in the gutter..........which i doubt u have..........................but thats my imo

peace

Jome

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2003, 06:40:26 PM »

lol pleez foo, nuff cats hatin on fabolous but nuff kats recognize he got skills to..............game wouldnt go on record with anybody imo.........but your right, i dont know much about fabolous but i hold my opinion from what ive heard which is good enough

and whats with the proper hiphopfans bullshit?  real hiphop fans wont listen to his albums until they hear sumthing worth hearin...........real hiphop fans  realise that snoops in a zone at the moment that he hasnt reached for ages instead of bitchin about him workin with neptunes, truth is with kats like yourself, sometimes i wonder even if he creadted sumthing seriously great with the neptunes youd still hate.........and no i dont think he has yet before you start, but his sure spittin well.......listen to that joint on the star trak comp.........but im sure you already have......you need to stop listenin that bubba bullshit and open ya ears, he'd be wack without timbaland beats, thats the only reason many cats listen to him is cuz of his beats..........though i giv him credit, his def improved......

i dunno.........sometime foo's jus make me wonder about the bullshit they sipt about being a "proper hip hop fan"...................................truth is you wont truly understand real hip hop unless you raised in the gutter..........which i doubt u have..........................but thats my imo

peace

Easy now..
All I said was.. you cant say that people hate on Fabolous when you haven't even heard his albums..
Now.. go and listen to those albums, and then get enlightened as to why people hate on Fabolous albums.
You cant speak on Fabolous being sick, when you haven't heard even 1 of his 2 albums.

truth is you wont truly understand real hip hop unless you raised in the gutter..........which i doubt u have..........................but thats my imo

Complete bullshit.
WTH you bringing Bubba or Snoop in to a Fabolous-discussion, beats me..  ???
Compensation.. ?
All discussions cant be won by bringing Snoop into the picture.

fa bo lo us

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • im gangsta, yall just wannabees
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2003, 06:17:35 AM »
some of you dudes are dumb.

if you try to find fabolous old freestyles you would realize that he shits on almost all of the rap game.

freestyles over

'special delivery'
'victory'
'blackout'
'eye of the tiger'

theres too many to name, another good one is when he destroys nore. basically look for any desert storm mixtape.

and who can tell me they aint feeling his new single? fab has skills man.
'i never park my cl in the p's, coz the system in the back make it look like i got parkinsons disease'