Author Topic: Method Man says Joe Budden is overrated  (Read 448 times)

Duckman

Method Man says Joe Budden is overrated
« on: August 16, 2003, 05:23:01 PM »
SOHH.com recently caught up with Method Man for a Q&A session, where the rapper was asked if it was fair for Def Jam to bill Joe Budden as the future of the label. "I don't know why. I ain't got nothing against the kid and sh** but I think he's overrated son," Meth responded. "For real, it's just my opinion. As far as a person he's aight and sh**. But I think he overrated dog. I think they put too much on him." Asked what happened with his 'Stung' show with Redman on MTV, Meth said, "They didn't give us money like that Ashton Kutcher. I got a lot of love for MTV but they call me for the little sh** they never call me for the big sh**. The show was small compared to 'Punk'd'."

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Method Man says Joe Budden is overrated
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2003, 05:40:50 PM »
Method Man has to realize...that SKILL has nothing to do with rap today.  Hip Hop used to be about questioning the norm, u know not to be robots. BUT NOW...there is a standard. Rappers sellilng their name brand clothes in songs..."Snoop Dogg Clothing thats what Im groomed in" Chuck D put it perfectly "15 Years ago rappers made songs FOR the people,and today they make songs to SELL to the people" So now basically all the decisions are based on MONEY MONEY MONEY and not skillz...although Joe Budden is decent

Jome

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2003, 07:30:37 PM »
Method Man is right, Budden is very overrated.
Apparently Meth is also dissing Jay-Z and a few other people to make a buzz for his new album.

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2003, 10:26:56 PM »
 I miss hearing new meth shit. Instead of dissing other rappers, why not make a bangin album to remind us what good talent sounds like.

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2003, 10:33:35 PM »
i have been waitin for his prequel album forever since it was advertised

as far as Joe Budden, i too see nothing special about him ;D

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2003, 10:39:39 PM »
budden is fucking wack.

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2003, 10:56:04 PM »
I remember seein an ad for tical prequal in the source back in 00  :-\

PLANT

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2003, 11:03:27 PM »
Method Man is dope IMO but he needs to put in some work before hes dissing people like Snoop and Joe Budden.....One album every few years(Tical 2=full of filler), and a couple shitty WuTang appearances doesnt give you the right to knock any other artists trying to do good for themselves....Just my Opinion tho.

KVB

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2003, 11:27:44 PM »
LOL @ Meth, he needs to put out some dope music on his own, then he might be eligible to call other artists overrated. His career is stagnant right now. And he is probably the most overrated member of the Wu ever, Joe Budden is IMO better than he ever was. He also said that Jay-Z been biting his slang for years, LOL what an idiot. First Snoop now this... ::)

check the full interview here : http://www.sohh.com/thewire/read.php?contentID=4938

pappy

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2003, 11:56:12 PM »
wow peeps gettin mad that method man spittin the truth.  shit its not like hes comin out an sayin there fuckin wack.  I like joe buddens music but meth was right he is overatted.  meth was right about snoop suckin at actin an his movies suckin.  i didnt hear about meth dissin jigga tho.  but if he did,  u  notice none of the rappers aint sayin shit about it.  cuz they kno on wax meth would tear em a new asshole

eNgIeS

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2003, 06:34:37 AM »
LOL @ Meth, he needs to put out some dope music on his own, then he might be eligible to call other artists overrated. His career is stagnant right now. And he is probably the most overrated member of the Wu ever, Joe Budden is IMO better than he ever was. He also said that Jay-Z been biting his slang for years, LOL what an idiot. First Snoop now this... ::)

check the full interview here : http://www.sohh.com/thewire/read.php?contentID=4938

Whatchu talkin bout Meth comes up with the best shit & has a great flow

T.J.

• Wanksta
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my deck
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2003, 06:36:18 AM »
budden is fucking wack.

damn rite!

kick ass album

PLANT

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2003, 08:05:07 AM »

Whatchu talkin bout Meth comes up with the best shit & has a great flow
I dissagree....Whens the last time Method Man came out with something dope anyway,....Blackout was dope but Redman came hotter anyway on it IMO.....And lines like "My Computer Love is The Truth.com" on Mary J tracks dont impress me that much either.... ???  IMO Meth is overated huge because hes the most popular member of the WU when GZA, Deck, Raekwon, Ghost ect. are all better than he is....