Author Topic: Ice Cube - Street Fighter  (Read 617 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Ice Cube - Street Fighter
« on: August 17, 2003, 05:49:19 AM »
is it just me or is this track dope as fuck? its gotta be from the 92-93 era judging by the way he raps. anyone know who produced it? sounds like a Cube beat

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Ice Cube - Street Fighter
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2003, 02:04:56 PM »
Prod by The 88x Unit For Gaphun Ent.  Feats Scratchs by DJ Crazy Toones.  Wonder what happened to 88X.. they did alot of work for Cube back then..

Ax
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2003, 02:22:49 PM »
wuts this from?

Nightfall

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2003, 02:34:32 PM »
i think the street fighter soundtrack

BL7

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2003, 02:41:19 PM »
Damn, I really wanna hear this shit. Anybody know where it's from? I just checked cduniverse and the only Street Fighter sdtrk was from the video game.

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2003, 03:05:16 PM »
Damn, I really wanna hear this shit. Anybody know where it's from? I just checked cduniverse and the only Street Fighter sdtrk was from the video game.

lol.. feel ya.  I'll be in #Westcoastconnection in a bit and dont mind lacin it up.  pz.

Ax
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

BL7

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2003, 03:25:37 PM »

lol.. feel ya.  I'll be in #Westcoastconnection in a bit and dont mind lacin it up.  pz.

Ax

Thanks for the offer homie, but I tried that IRC shit before. Didn't work out too well for me. I can live without it.

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2003, 03:27:39 PM »

Ax

Thanks for the offer homie, but I tried that IRC shit before. Didn't work out too well for me. I can live without it.

You can accept DCC send??  is that what you mean?  PM me bro.. Theres other options.  Pz.

Ax
~Theodore Roosevelt

We Fly High

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2003, 05:55:52 PM »
the street fighter soundtrack also features the bums :)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2003, 07:13:50 PM »
i think that soundtrack also has Street Soldier by Paris (also appears on Unleashed)

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2003, 03:45:24 AM »
Yeah this song is off the hook!

Cube in his heyday (which will come again ;) )

Nightfall

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2003, 05:59:03 AM »
i think that soundtrack also has Street Soldier by Paris (also appears on Unleashed)

^^^^^
yeah, but the stand-out track is Pandamonium by The Pharcyde

Dr._Funkenstein

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2003, 06:04:20 AM »
Yeah this song is off the hook!

Cube in his heyday (which will come again ;) )

LazyLatino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2003, 06:33:50 AM »
Think this track is pretty weak...but that Paris track is BANGIN...

Peace

LazyLatino

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2003, 06:38:12 AM »
that Paris track is BANGIN...

word, wasn't that Ras Kass/Ahmad/Saafir song Come Widdit on there too?

Paris