Author Topic: REVIEW: FREDDY VS. JASON...  (Read 809 times)

platinumk777

Re:REVIEW: FREDDY VS. JASON...
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2003, 11:11:23 PM »
http://www.celluloidshockers.com/fvsj.htm

So why is the studio passing on Hodder, who has kept the character alive for the past 14 years and has emerged as a hero to fright fans? Both the actor and an anonymous New Line executive tell Fango that the production has “rethought” the character to make Jason both more sympathetic and a closer physical match to opponent Freddy (Robert Englund, who has signed on). To get an idea of what the filmmakers have in mind, the new Jason casting breakdown calls for an actor “who can emote pain and anguish over the loss of a loved one… [we’re looking for] someone with poetic eyes.” The idea is to make Jason a “sad, pathetic, Phantom of the Opera-type character,” says our New Line source.

Though Hodder has met with director Ronny (BRIDE OF CHUCKY) Yu, he admits that the production wants a “different body type” for the film. New Line, which expects to decide on its Jason star by this weekend, insists that Hodder is still being considered for his dream gig.

In fact, everything you just said to Grewsum is bullshit. Go ahead, read the source. It says they're looking for a more SYMPATHETIC Jason. I know what I heard, so stop acting like you know it all, idiot
« Last Edit: August 21, 2003, 11:16:54 PM by MK Virus »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2003, 11:40:54 PM »
LMAO...You're a dumbass...Sympathetic IS some one who displays emotion, just like I said...So what the fuck do you mean by "everything you said to Grewsum is bullshit"?? I DO know it all, because I've been reading about this movie for a while...They wanted a closer physical match because Kane Hodder was getting fat and Ronny Yu wanted a taller/slimmer Jason, not because it would make Freddy look bad...I've spoken to Ronny Yu myself, so shut the fuck up, cause it's obvious that you don't know shit about this movie...And that info you pasted from that website was a rumor anyways, and not only that, it's over a year old, because it states that New Line hasn't even decided on whether they would use Kane Hodder or not...

Trust me, I'm a better source than celluloidshockers.com when it comes to this movie...PeACe

platinumk777

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2003, 11:53:34 PM »
You know what? My statement about the size of Jason hasn't been proven wrong yet. I saw it on Access Hollywood, and YOU read it from Fangoria (read closer, beside the title), and I hope you agree that Fangoria is a reliable horror movie source, so don't accuse me of spreading bullshit rumors. And don't get so emotional in your posts... it ain't like I'm talking smack about your mom.

Anyways, you get my point. I don't wanna start post whoring. Oh yeah, tell Ronny Yu I said wussup.  ::)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2003, 12:04:01 AM by MK Virus »

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2003, 12:01:30 AM »
 what is the history between freddy and jason?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2003, 01:52:50 AM »
MK Virus:
(Regarding your original post before it was modified:)
You misunderstood what I was saying...I was saying Kane was a pain in the ass to work with, because he didn't listen to what the directors told him to do and he didn't follow directions. He thought he knew what was best for the character of Jason, and basically wanted to do everything how he wanted it done...Pay attention to what I say next time...

And here, just to discredit your rediculous arguement:
Ken Kirzinger - Height: 6'5" Weight: 275 lbs.
Kane Hodder: - Height: 6'3" Weight: 255 lbs.

Now listen, if anyone on WCC knows the complete story behind "Freddy vs Jason", it's me muthafucka...I hate when some guy who doesn't know shit about the movie tries to argue with a guy who's been looking forward to this movie for over 10 years, and has been reading facts on it daily...Just quit it buddy, I know what I'm talking about...

Amin:
Go rent some "Nightmare On Elm Street" movies (parts 1, 3, and 6 are the best ones) and maybe some "Friday The 13th" movies (I'm not too keen of the "Friday The 13th" series, but I liked parts 6 and 7 the best), and you'll get the history behind both characters...Basically, Freddy was a child killer who was burned to death by the parents of Elm Street after he was freed of charges due to technical errors...After he was burned to death, he started killing the children of Elm Street through their nightmares...There's more to it, but those are the basics...Jason was just a kid who drowned at his camp (Camp Crystal Lake) due to lack of supervision by the Camp Crystal Lake counslers...After he drowned, his mom killed a bunch of counslers at Camp Crystal Lake to get them back for not paying enough attention to Jason while he was drowning...She was then decapitated by a counsler who she was after to kill...Jason saw his mom get killed, came back from the dead, and started killing off almost every teenager who set foot near Crystal Lake for revenge...Those are the basic facts you need to know... There might be some things I'm missing, but you get the point.

PS...A sequel to "Freddy vs Jason" is coming soon...HELL YEAH!...Michael Myers could possibly be in the next installment as well...Bob Shaye says it could happen if it works out...Joe Wolf (the guy who owns the rights to the Halloween farnchise) has contacted New Line about throwing Michael into the mix!...I'll keep ya'll posted with news...PeACe

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2003, 02:17:32 AM »
ok and when jason was sent to hell,freddy grabs his mask.freddy can't leave hell so he resurects jason ,jason kills off a bunch of people,freddy gets jealous because jason got all the credit ,and the battle is on.right?

and didn't jason's mom use to beat him up or something?

« Last Edit: August 22, 2003, 02:19:55 AM by Amin »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2003, 09:46:43 PM »
Sort of...Just watch "Freddy vs Jason", it's a damn good movie...And no, Jasons mom NEVER used to abuse him...LoL

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2003, 10:43:42 PM »
I plan on watching it but it's gonna be a couple of month before it gets to lebanon....although by that time they'll probably have it bootlegged on tape somewhere.......

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2003, 10:59:45 PM »
I plan on watching it but it's gonna be a couple of month before it gets to lebanon....although by that time they'll probably have it bootlegged on tape somewhere.......

Damn, that sucks...Oh well, wait for the DVD, I hear it's gunna be awesome...PeACe

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2003, 01:27:17 AM »
ok i have some more questions ,if u don't mind:

1-if jason drowned as a kid ,how did he see his mother get decapitated?
2-was jason born deformed or anything,or was he a normal kid?(cause my friend showed me a pic of "young jason" and he's deformed)
3-in what movie do we get to see jason drown?
4-what is the vorhees curse?

Hydro

• 'G'
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2003, 03:44:38 PM »
I enjoyed watching Freddy Vs. Jason! I wasn't expecting it to be SCARY but it did have what I expected to see in a horror film, Tits & Killing, & there is nothing wrong with that, LOL. It was better than I expected it to be also. I was kind of expecting it to be like Jason X but it wasn't (Thank God). It had some funny parts too. On a side note, when we went to see Freddy Vs. Jason, there was a black couple sitting behind us & when Freddy looked at Kelly Rowland & said "How Sweet, Dark Meat". They got pissed & started throwing shit at the screen. Couldn't hear about 7 minutes of the movie because they were yelling & screaming making a big fuss about it.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2003, 05:30:24 PM by Hydro »

NOW AVAILABLE------->Click HERE To Download

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2003, 09:06:29 AM »
black ppl like them are retarded.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

ROCCY

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2003, 09:33:47 PM »
ok i have some more questions ,if u don't mind:

1-if jason drowned as a kid ,how did he see his mother get decapitated?
2-was jason born deformed or anything,or was he a normal kid?(cause my friend showed me a pic of "young jason" and he's deformed)
3-in what movie do we get to see jason drown?
4-what is the vorhees curse?

since no one answered your questions let me answer them for you:

1-if jason drowned as a kid ,how did he see his mother get decapitated? He didnt see it until he came out the water, when he came out the water he saw her head/body

2-was jason born deformed or anything,or was he a normal kid?(cause my friend showed me a pic of "young jason" and he's deformed) yeah jason was born deformed, which caused kida to make fun of him and push him into he water

3-in what movie do we get to see jason drown? theres really no movie that shows jason drown besides friday the 13th part 1, it kinda gives u an idea on how it happend and everything, and shows him drowning and calling for help.. watch it your self

4-what is the vorhees curse? that he can never die, and likes too kill everyone who returns to camp chrystal lake, and likes to punishpeople

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2003, 10:04:14 PM »
just saw the movie, i was hatin on it before, casue im a fan of GOOD movies, but i gotta say, it aint that bad, i seen a couple jason and freddy movies a long time ago, but this 1 was pretty good, i like the idea, and the end was "OK", but could have been better, but overall , it wasnt that scary, but still pretty good, i mean its no oscar winner, but its prob the best horror movie ive seen in years, and im not really a horror movie fan, i like plot more than the mass murders, but yea, dont hate until u see it, its really pretty good,

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2003, 05:18:12 AM »
i watched the movie too, and i gotta say it was cool!! very entertaining!

i got a question maybe roccy could answear..

1. Was the blonde girl with big boobs, that survived, and the 2 dudes that ran outta the mental hospital in any previous nightmare movies?? cause it was a long time ago i saw them, and i only seen 1 -2 and 3,..  the thing about the mails and the dad was a bit confusing hehe..

peace..

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -