Author Topic: Gladiator  (Read 308 times)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Gladiator
« on: August 18, 2003, 08:55:31 AM »
I just finished watchin' this movie for about the 70th time now on DVD and I will never get bored of it. I mean, damn...this whole flick is really good:
-the dialogues
-the action scenes
-the story
-the way it's filmed

Russel Crowe puts down a great performance as Maximus, I couldn't think of a better actor to be honest...he really fits the character.

What do you think of this movie?

Eidolon_Ravi

Re:Gladiator
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2003, 09:11:11 AM »
^^^Absolutely true... but buddy u forgot ot acknowledge the Best part..

The HAUNTING MUSIC!!!..... that WAS sumthing to reckon for!! 8)

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2003, 09:13:40 AM »
Dope film

gildedganon187

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I Am No One But The Thing Which You Fear!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2003, 09:17:50 AM »
the only Gladiator movie i have ever remember seeing was the Gladiator with Cuba Gooding jr.

end gigaganon

There Is Nothing I Can't Do, That I Can Try To Get Done.....

bez

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2003, 09:31:02 AM »
dope film, really amazing.  1 of a kind.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2003, 10:22:58 AM »
The music! Yeah...I forgot to say that in my post, lol.
It's true...there are several themes Hans Zimmer made for this movie and they are all great. You can actually hear them all in the first 20 min. of the film I think (he says that in the documentary on one of the extra's on the DVD).

My favorite scene is where Maximus has to take off his helmet in front of the emperor (Joaquin Phoenix)...that scene has to BE one of the best scenes I've seen in my life, lol, I'm crazy about it. You can feel it coming when you're watchin' it. First, they told the gladiators to NOT turn your back on the emperor...next thing you know, BAM, Maximus turns his back. I loved that.  8) Then...it gets even better:

Commodus: "You will remove your helmet & tell me your name"
*Maximus turns around and takes his helmet off and starts sayin' that incredible part!*
Maximus: "My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and loyal servant to the true emperor of Rome, Marcus Aurelius...And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next".

Aw man!  ;D And in the meanwhile you can hear the music comin' up, I can't get enough of that scene, hahaha. It reminds me a bit of Sam Jackson when he's recitin' the Bible in Pulp Fiction, it also brings that same feelin' to me.

Anyway...it's definitely true: the music in this movie is GREAT (and that's an understatement  ;))

Eidolon_Ravi

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2003, 10:42:25 AM »
My favorite scene is where Maximus has to take off his helmet in front of the emperor (Joaquin Phoenix)...that scene has to BE one of the best scenes I've seen in my life, lol, I'm crazy about it. You can feel it coming when you're watchin' it. First, they told the gladiators to NOT turn your back on the emperor...next thing you know, BAM, Maximus turns his back. I loved that.   Then...it gets even better:

Commodus: "You will remove your helmet & tell me your name"
*Maximus turns around and takes his helmet off and starts sayin' that incredible part!*
Maximus: "My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and loyal servant to the true emperor of Rome, Marcus Aurelius...And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next".

Aw man!   And in the meanwhile you can hear the music comin' up, I can't get enough of that scene, hahaha. It reminds me a bit of Sam Jackson when he's recitin' the Bible in Pulp Fiction, it also brings that same feelin' to me.

Anyway...it's definitely true: the music in this movie is GREAT (and that's an understatement  )

man u gimme a DEJA VU.... 8)

The scene's incredible... simply superb... Now I just feel like leavin' all this work and go watch that particular scene all over again!!

Blood Rain

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • flesh of my flesh, my blood is life
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2003, 02:31:06 PM »
dope ass movie, great fighting in it

A-Trak

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2003, 06:53:07 PM »

word.

Don Breezio

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2003, 11:12:36 PM »
this is one of the most amazing movies i've ever seen...and i have to agree with everybody...i was thinking about this the other day. as good as the effects and the acting and the general story line is...without the score...the movie wouldnt be half as good. its the music they put in the movie that lets you walk away from the movie with a good feeling even though the entire movie is people being slaughtered. the music at the end from about the time of maximus' fight with commodus to the end was the most amazing thing i've ever heard. its relaxing and it gives you a great feeling when you listen to it. i think that was probably one of the best if not the best film ever made.

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2003, 08:29:57 AM »

^ True

eS El Duque

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2003, 12:17:59 PM »
yea..loved this film too :D...especially the beginning..when you see those big ass barbarians and you really get an understand of how scary and stupid they were ;D

·SiNiStEr·

• Tex
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • is this mic on?
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2003, 05:53:51 PM »
best movie ever..

i like the beginning battle especially when they have the lead barbarian tearin people up and then he gets blown away.. then maximus comin from behind on the horses.. music was standout, plot was standout, acting was standout, casting was standout..

fuck casablanca.. fuck citizen kane..

Gladiator - The Best Movie Ever
:..WCC Cup Champion.. 
:..WCC Heavyweight Champion..           

Battle Record :    24-6

thats how we do..
.:-ELITE-:.    M-Dogg.. Rodzilla.. SiNiStEr.. VitoDeLuca.. Mack..  .:-ELITE-:. she wanted me to bust in her eye so she could watch my children..Fabolous

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2003, 06:33:01 AM »
Yeah, it's also my favorite movie  :)

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2003, 06:00:39 PM »
oh hell yeah, this movie str8 CLASSIC!!!!!!

one of a kind no doubt, absolutely no flaws
no stupid boring story line and shit and one of the most amazing parts is when Maximus dies, he dies to reunite with his family,

the way this movie was done, it was done to perfection
and yes the part when he takes off his helmet, damn that scene is so good :o :o :o