Author Topic: Did Anyone Get The New Neptunes?  (Read 297 times)

MethRed

• Lil Geezy
Did Anyone Get The New Neptunes?
« on: August 19, 2003, 05:04:03 PM »
If you did, is it any good?

Nightfall

Re:Did Anyone Get The New Neptunes?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2003, 06:07:30 PM »
pop-music sucks

Don Breezio

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2003, 06:14:33 PM »
havent got it yet...i'd kinda like to hear it first...but i may just go pick it up anyway.

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2003, 03:57:57 AM »
It's trash, few good songs though. Back in the days the Neptunes beats were hot, now they sound all same.

mauzip

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2003, 05:02:11 AM »
i'm really feeling that lead single, snoop's track, kelis' track and nelly's track. the rest is just alright.

Dr._Funkenstein

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2003, 05:09:48 AM »
Although I'm a fan of the N*E*R*D album I don't really feel this compilation. Some songs are pretty cool though but the majority just isn't my taste.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2003, 05:10:23 AM by Doctor Funkenstein »

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2003, 11:33:46 AM »
Although I'm a fan of the N*E*R*D album I don't really feel this compilation. Some songs are pretty cool though but the majority just isn't my taste.

Yeah exactly. The NERD album was really dope, I can't wait for the follow up album, but this compilation is straight garbage, all the beats range from average to terrible, and it appears that Frontin is actually the only half decent track on the whole album. I think this album is just an excuse to use some leftover beats from other projects to make some more money, because if this is a full hearted effort from the Neptunes then I will be starting to get worried about how dope the next NERD album actually will be.

eS El Duque

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2003, 12:12:35 PM »
this was an ok album...i still have it on my comp and listen to it..so its good imo 8)

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2003, 05:48:31 PM »
yeah its a good album, NOT GREAT
ive always like the neptunes, their style is unique IMO but yeah they should try to make their beats sound a little different
best songs are by Ludacris, Nelly, Nas, Clipse, and the Snoop one which is the dopest Neptune/Snoop collabo yet

Don Breezio

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2003, 05:54:50 PM »
well the only ones i've heard so far are "Frontin", "Hot Damn", "Light Yo Ass On Fire", and "Popular Thug"...i liked all those except "Light Yo Ass On Fire"...ill probably download the cd and if i like it i'll buy it...but i am definetely anticipating the new N*E*R*D Album...In Search Of was a dope ass cd...i wasnt feeling it at first but after a few listens it became one of the better cds i heard in that year (i think it was 2001?)

TRu Word

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2003, 06:27:29 PM »
It seems like they gathered their worst beats and put an album together.  I know they can do better than this.

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2003, 07:03:59 PM »
i downloaded to give it a try even though i hate the neptunes...ya know kinda wondering why they're so hyped...and listened to it once a threw out the window.....***pissed that i wasted a cdr on this crap**

PLANT

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2003, 07:46:21 PM »
I bought the album for my girlfriend tonight.....Its not bad, but she likes it more than I do...

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2003, 08:13:25 PM »
havent got it yet...i'd kinda like to hear it first...but i may just go pick it up anyway.

west_coast_rider

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2003, 11:52:19 PM »
I got the album yesterday and I think its pretty good. i would give it a 7/10.