Author Topic: Pharoahe Monch's new supergroup.................  (Read 222 times)

Jome

Pharoahe Monch's new supergroup.................
« on: August 30, 2003, 07:06:55 PM »
Closing out this week's news, in last week's column we dropped a subtle hint about Pharaohe Monch's plans to collaborate with two other emcees on a very big project.  Well, we are happy to announce that Monch and Prince Poetry have reunited---but there have been a few changes.  The group will no longer be known as Organized Konfusion, as they have dropped the "Konfusion" and will now simply be known as Organized.  Further, there will be a new member (yes, it's now a trio) implemented into the fold and that new member is none other then O.C.!!! The trio is currently recording with Large Professor, DJ Premier, Showbiz, and Buckwild. They also plan to implement a few West Coast producers, so Battlecat if you're reading this holla at Mr. Dave....

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re:Pharoahe Monch's new supergroup.................
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2003, 07:13:13 PM »
 :o :o OC? i didnt even know they were down with them, but GOD DAMN!

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2003, 03:09:23 AM »
The trio is currently recording with Large Professor, DJ Premier, Showbiz, and Buckwild.

Holy shit, you know that this album is gonna be classic shit. Pharoahe over Premo, and Extra P damn, plus reuniting with Prince Paul and having O.C. there as well. This album has gone straight into my top three most anticipated albums.

Dj Eskimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamer
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2003, 03:14:36 AM »
 :o :o

*faints*

this is dope news!

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamertaghere.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
http://www.myspace.com

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2003, 04:44:25 AM »
Dope news.

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2003, 07:06:51 AM »
While Prince and OC will probably sound real nice over those producers beats, i think Pharoahe sounds better over a different sound. I'm still hyped as fuck though.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Jome

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2003, 05:36:03 PM »
While Prince and OC will probably sound real nice over those producers beats, i think Pharoahe sounds better over a different sound. I'm still hyped as fuck though.

I'm more hyped about Pharoahe.. he can rip any type of beat..  ;D
I wonder if this project is ever getting a release though..

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2003, 03:32:59 AM »

I'm more hyped about Pharoahe.. he can rip any type of beat..  ;D
I wonder if this project is ever getting a release though..

Fo sho' pharoahe can sound ill over a love song..he has that ability...sounds great...

(if we ever see it like yall said) lol

Tight news tho