Author Topic: This is very sad... Iraqi leader Ayatollah Mohammad Baqir al-Hakim  (Read 126 times)

infinite59

This is very sad... Iraqi leader Ayatollah Mohammad Baqir al-Hakim
« on: September 02, 2003, 07:15:30 AM »
I don't know alot about this brother; but what I do know is he  provided a wealth of inspiration and hope to some of the most persecuted and debased people on this Earth.  

I remember watching the coverage on television of his return to Iraq.  I've never seen a crowd so energetic and spiritually moved as the Iraqi people were on that day.

I don't follow the Shi'i school of thought in Islam; but I do consider them as close brothers of mine in Islam.  May Allah help the Iraqi people in recovering from this tragic loss, and remember that Allah is the best of planners.

Eidolon_Ravi

Re:This is very sad... Iraqi leader Ayatollah Mohammad Baqir al-Hakim
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2003, 07:22:46 AM »
I don't know alot about this brother; but what I do know is he  provided a wealth of inspiration and hope to some of the most persecuted and debased people on this Earth.  

I remember watching the coverage on television of his return to Iraq.  I've never seen a crowd so energetic and spiritually moved as the Iraqi people were on that day.

I don't follow the Shi'i school of thought in Islam; but I do consider them as close brothers of mine in Islam.  May Allah help the Iraqi people in recovering from this tragic loss, and remember that Allah is the best of planners.

Yup that's tough luck for those who wanted to restore normalcy in IRAQ.....

???I dunno ... what's the difference between Sunni's and Shia's ideology that's leading to tensions between the Arab Nations??

infinite59

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2003, 07:34:30 AM »

Yup that's tough luck for those who wanted to restore normalcy in IRAQ.....

???I dunno ... what's the difference between Sunni's and Shia's ideology that's leading to tensions between the Arab Nations??

After the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) died, there was disagreement over who should lead the Muslim community.  Should it be someone from within his family?  Should it be voted on democratically?  Etc.  Shii's believe Muhammad's cousin Ali is the rightful leader of the Muslims after the prophet.  Others believe that it should be voted on and that Abu Bakr won that election.

Also, as Muslims, we all agree on every last letter and syllable of the Holy Qur'an and it's authenticity.  

However, desencion amongst Muslims occurs on other things the prophet may have did or said in his life.  Let me give you an example;  May have recorded that the prophet had his hands at his side when he was in the standing part of the prayer; another person may have recorded that he had the right hand over the left; and so on.

Some Muslims may only trust that the prophet (pbuh) made a certain statement or did a particular action if they trust the person who recorded that statement or action.

Thank you for reading, assalamulaikum.  
« Last Edit: September 02, 2003, 07:36:52 AM by Ibrahim Islam »

Woodrow

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2003, 01:45:29 PM »
RIP