Author Topic: Premier League Results  (Read 232 times)

bez

Re:Premier League Results
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2003, 06:00:24 PM »
Sol - Jeffers is a great player, he is lackin confidence tho cos he aint really played for u's he will do well for us.

Once a blue, always a blue.

4 signings in one day, not bad.  

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2003, 02:52:45 AM »
Beckham got 8 assists last season

Giggs got 11

And Ole played far less games than Beckham but averaged a farhigher assist rate.

Don't worry about us, we are strong enough.  You need to remember what happened last season when you all declared us dead and buried.

Sol

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2003, 08:08:22 AM »
Sol - Jeffers is a great player, he is lackin confidence tho cos he aint really played for u's he will do well for us.

I thought Everton fans hated him now?

Sol

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2003, 08:32:41 AM »
Another Wenger flop consigned to the history books

Yeah we still haven't got proper backup for Ruud - but that's the same as the last two seasons

I would be suprised if there's another team in the history of football that has ever gone for two years without fielding a number 9 on the pitch like we have.

Veron was a problem.  We could have given him another year but 100,000 a week of our wage bill and £15 million?  You take that.  You were panning him last season and he didn't really feature in our big results (only you at home).

Beckham - Very glad we got that media tart off our books.  £100 grand a week again off our wage bill.  He did fuck all last season.

We've got a better keeper than we had last season, Djemba is more creative than Butt and the reason he started ahead of him was because Nicky was not match fit.  Ronaldo is class.  He did more in 10 minutes at Southampton than everyone else over 90.

Silvestre is a centre back.  His pace is electric - faster than Henry.  He just needs to be stronger on his feet.

We need full backs and a striker.  You need a real right back, a centre back, a partner in central midfield for Vieira and another striker.  You KNOW I'm right about Bergkamp.  He won't play 10 full games.

Yeah but the fact remains you are very short on creative players. If Giggs plays as he did for most of last season then you are in trouble. You are not half the team without Scholes, and it seems he could be out for a while.
Kleberson is not a better player than Veron. You have gone backwards there. Veron, on his day is a great player (when he can be bothered). This guy just looks so small and lightweight. Fergie said signing Kelberson meant you could get rid of Veron, which is strange.
And you havent replaced Beckham with a similar player. Your squad is not stronger than last.

We just need a striker (Eto'o on his way in the summer-heard it here first) and at a push a right back. Ralph is a solid player but gets found out in Europe.
We dont need another CM. Gilberto does his job well enough. Edu (watch out roy keane) and Parlour are good enough cover.

And its hardly a brave prediction saying that Dennis wont play 10 full games this year. He wont, hes mid 30s now. He will be used coming off the bench, or play 70 minutes when he starts. He is not expected to play a full 90 minutes. (althought he could if he wanted to).

« Last Edit: September 02, 2003, 08:34:54 AM by Sol »

bez

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2003, 08:46:03 AM »

I thought Everton fans hated him now?

LOL, yer really. lol

Nar tho, anybody who puts on the everton shirt to me is a good man, he played, he left, hes back, I'll cheer.

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2003, 10:09:41 AM »
I admit Seamen looks suspect.
But we are playing well and have a good squad now
We can give any 1 a good game

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2003, 01:55:36 PM »
yeah our only problem at the moment is in the creativity side with scholes out.....and no veron, whether u like him or not, the guys class and his a genious with the ball at his feet............

but i think fergie should try ronaldo in the middle, giv him a chance......and play bellion or forlan on the right........

speakin of forlan................does anyone else think his one of the most unluckiest strikers in the premier??? i mean sometimes he makes mistake, missin good chances, but other times, these great aves or lil things like the post and shit always seem to be denyin him!