Author Topic: DMX "Im Sick Of The Rap Game"  (Read 301 times)

Dj Eskimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamer
DMX "Im Sick Of The Rap Game"
« on: September 03, 2003, 01:14:39 PM »
With four platinum LP's in four years, including two no.1 releases in 1998, DMX has cemented his place in Hip-Hop history. Though his latest LP, The Great Depression was his least successful, there are still plenty of heads checking for the dog. Less then a month prior to his fifth release, Dark Man speaks on his recording process, his next movie and the reasons for making Grand Champ his final LP.

DMX is one of the few established artists who will give up and coming producers a shot. While most platinum stars constantly shift directions-adopting sondscapes from the producers du jour, X opts for a different approach. "I always pick up new cats. Whoever got a hot beat," explained DMX. "I'm not dick riding. I'm not chasing down the same ni99a everybody else chasing down in order to get one beat. It ain't that serious. I'm not looking for a beat to sell my music."

X loyalists were delighted to hear "Where the Hood At," a hyper track reminiscent of Dark Man's entrance into the game. Yet, what they don't know is that the track almost never came to life. "D brought it to me in the studio. I was pretty much like close to being done. I was planning on writing or coming with no new songs. But as soon as I heard the beat, it was like there's no way I can get away from this. I gotta blaze this one," said X. Though the streets are psyched to hear X's new opus they might be disappointed upon noticing that it's missing one particular high profile collaboration. "I did do the track [with 50 Cent]. But umm...I don't know if it's gone be on the album," X revealed without elaborating.

It isn't uncommon to see an emcee lose his grip on the streets as soon as he leaves them, but DMX made sure that didn't happen. To keep his creative juices flowing, X recorded in several cities, including, L.A., Chicago and Arizona. "Arizona for instance is the desert. It's like peaceful. I can really get into the thought process out there. And I can ride the quads. Ride all day, rap all night. Arizona's good for the soul," X revealed. "I went to Chicago because Chicago was the hood. When I thought about ghetto, I thought about Chicago."

While X has been in the lab he's also been in front of the screen. Many have praised X him for his realistic on screen portrayals, yet the rest have blasted him for being typecast -- mainly playing thuggish roles resembling his real life persona. Still, he assures that his newest flick, Never Die Alone is a departure from previous movies. "People can expect to see what they've never seen out of me in a movie, in a character. You know. It's not what I've been doing, you know, thus far. But it's definitely something interesting, new," X declared.

X seems pretty enthused while discussing his forthcoming Hollywood projects. However, his excitement doesn't carry into the rap game. "I'm sick of the rap game. I'm sick of this f#@$ing industry, you know what I'm saying. It's run by the devil and 99% of everybody you deal with is a snake," X said as to why his fifth outing will be his final one. "It gets tired after a while, you know what I'm saying. And I know The Lord has a calling on my life, you know what I'm saying. I'm not going to do both."

Grand Champ, featuring production from Swiss Beats and Dame Grease with appearances from Styles P., Jadakiss, Eve, Cam' Ron and Patti Labelle hits stores on September 16, 2003.

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamertaghere.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
http://www.myspace.com

PLANT

Re:DMX "Im Sick Of The Rap Game"
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2003, 02:38:42 PM »
I hope this album does well, and I also hope its more soundin to his first LP....DMX is dope.

eS El Duque

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2003, 03:27:32 PM »
his album drops september 16th??? thought it was the 9th =/ lol

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2003, 04:09:51 PM »
dam its been pushed back i was looking 4ward to next week.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Duckman

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2003, 07:55:08 PM »
 ;)

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2003, 04:40:52 AM »
Hope that 50 track makes the cut...

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2003, 09:20:27 AM »
dam its been pushed back i was looking 4ward to next week.

Yeah, me too...

bez

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2003, 10:38:18 AM »
dam kurruption81 that angelina pic is amazing