Author Topic: Why i respect Nelly........hear me out!  (Read 1066 times)

teecee

Why i respect Nelly........hear me out!
« on: September 09, 2003, 07:09:12 PM »
First of all, i dont even like Nelly at all, and i do NOT like his music, aside from one song (Ride With Me).....so, do not think i am some teeny bopper Nelly and Ja fan.

But, consider this:  Nelly came into the game BY HIMSELF, no help from the Neptunes or Dre or any of the other usual suspects.  I mean, it was just him and his boys from St Louis.  He had a unique (although wack) style and he blew up with it and he deserves props for what he did with his first album- he made himself a star without big time production or guest appearances......

Sure Nelly has Neptunes and Kelly rowland on his last album, but i still give im props for coming in the way he did and blowing up like he did.  U think 50 woulda blown up without Dre and Em, or Em without Dre, etc.  So, PROPS TO NELLY.........now, if he would only quit the game and disappear!

DeaDSouLjaH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Why i respect Nelly........hear me out!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2003, 07:19:50 PM »
So, PROPS TO NELLY.........now, if he would only quit the game and disappear!

LOL!!!!!!!!

Awards:
Most Improved (January)
Emcee of the Month(February)
Battle Emcee of the Month(February)
Rhyme of the Month(February)

Record:17-8-1
[/color]

PLANT

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2003, 07:21:18 PM »
I respect your opinion.

Now I dont like Nelly either, but I got respect for what he does and how he came into the game...

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2003, 07:22:15 PM »
I have to agree, I don't like his music but he didn't just get on because of affiliation. Now, move this to Outbound Conenctions unless St Louis was moved to the West Coast overnight

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

teecee

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2003, 07:48:45 PM »
I just put it in the westcoast section cuz a lot of peeps dont go to outbound.......

Jay Slick

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2003, 08:00:17 PM »
more ppl checc it out then u think... and i have been thinking just like you since i heard him im not like some of the ppl who only let there inner feelings out cuzz other ppl do... i have been thinking this since i heard him but he still sux

Jome

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2003, 08:00:45 PM »
I just put it in the westcoast section cuz a lot of peeps dont go to outbound.......

That doesn't exactly help it, does it.. ?
If everybody did that, nobody would post or peep this section..

And it's bigger than ever.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2003, 08:07:30 PM »
I have no problem with Nelly.  I really could care less if he continues to have hit singles and sell millions of albums.

Duckman

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2003, 08:12:18 PM »
Eminem saved Dre's career

Jome

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2003, 08:15:02 PM »
Eminem saved Dre's career

Good timing, and the right topic..

Btw, Eminem saved Dre's career by producing "My name is" for Dr.Dre right.. ??

Bomb-A®

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2003, 11:12:17 PM »
First of all, i dont even like Nelly at all, and i do NOT like his music, aside from one song (Ride With Me).....so, do not think i am some teeny bopper Nelly and Ja fan.

But, consider this:  Nelly came into the game BY HIMSELF, no help from the Neptunes or Dre or any of the other usual suspects.  I mean, it was just him and his boys from St Louis.  He had a unique (although wack) style and he blew up with it and he deserves props for what he did with his first album- he made himself a star without big time production or guest appearances......

Sure Nelly has Neptunes and Kelly rowland on his last album, but i still give im props for coming in the way he did and blowing up like he did.  U think 50 woulda blown up without Dre and Em, or Em without Dre, etc.  So, PROPS TO NELLY.........now, if he would only quit the game and disappear!

i agree

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2003, 12:02:33 AM »
I like Nelly's music.. Hate on me if you want.. Not so much Nellyville but Country Grammer... Jus a god album.. So many catchy tracks... Im feelin it... and i also agree with teecee's comments

T.J.

• Wanksta
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my deck
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2003, 12:48:11 AM »

But, consider this:  Nelly came into the game BY HIMSELF, no help from the Neptunes or Dre or any of the other usual suspects.  I mean, it was just him and his boys from St Louis.  

LMAO

kick ass album

Jankiest

• 'G'
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2003, 12:59:34 AM »
i liked Cg, but hated nellyville

yeah dre produced the "my name is" beat, but i've heard where he sampled it from and it's a straight rip-off

all them sucka ass niggaz can eat a fat dick

HHH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "hello!!"
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2003, 01:27:11 AM »
Not so much Nellyville but Country Grammer... Jus a god album.. So many catchy tracks... Im feelin it..

true  ;D