Author Topic: Lyrically DMX fucking sucks..  (Read 707 times)

bez

Lyrically DMX fucking sucks..
« on: September 12, 2003, 03:31:56 PM »
..dont get me wrong I feel most of his stuff but lyrically he is wack, most people that drop keystyles and rhymes on this board actually proberly have more writing talent than him.  hes the kind of person that rhymes lives wit knives, cats wit bats, fun wit gun, figga wit nigga, feel me?

Just been peepin Where The Hood At and even tho I reckon the song is dope I actually hoped to hear an improvement in X's lyrics.  I listened to a song of his of sum soundtrack the other day and the song was totally awful, cant rememebr what it was but it had a line in along the line of:

"His name was Dave" or sumit

N e way I just think he cud do with some tigher lyrics.  

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re:Lyrically DMX fucking sucks..
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2003, 03:41:58 PM »
I agree. DMX has always been a weak-ass lyricist. Don't feel him very much

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

West C. Connected

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2003, 03:43:05 PM »
I couldn't disagree more.

eS El Duque

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2003, 03:46:19 PM »
meh...yea he is...but i've bought all of his albums  ;D ;D...i got Paris/Immortal Technique/Canibus if i want to listen to meaning ful lyrics ;D...

*puts on DMX- Grand CHamp*

bez

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2003, 03:48:20 PM »
I couldn't disagree more.

Ok you like DMX and the ruff ryders so your obviously gunna stick up for them but he really needs to learn how to write better.  Whoever gives him the thumbs up to go into the recoridng studio and record these 10 minute written lyrics need there thumbs rippin off.  So simple.  His rhyme scheme is veryyyyyyyy basic, simple as.

NewJack

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2003, 03:54:52 PM »
I think I'm alone when I say this, and I really hope I'm not, but I think Drag-On had falled off horribly. I haven't heard anything in the past month or two, but prior to that, ever song I heard was pretty much wack lyrically wise. All those verses he dropped on mixtapes were pure garbage, he was always rhyming the same words with each other, like he had no creative talent at all. It got old really fast, and it's sad because his first album was sick. I hope he's just warming up for a strong album.

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2003, 03:57:22 PM »
well to me its basically like this

If i want grimy dark street shit i listen to DMX  ;D

if i want lyrics i listen to canibus, pharaohe monch, ras kass etc...

u know what im saying???? he never came out to be a lyricist he just in the game as DMX, kinda like the "Old Ja Rule" on Venni,Vetti,Vecci

i definitely agree 100% though, his lyrics aint the best

bez

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2003, 03:57:51 PM »
since when did DMX change his name to Drag-On?

lol, stay on topic egg

Noon Bank$

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bankin' It
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2003, 04:09:53 PM »
Thats coz he scared. He cant write good coz hes scared coz 50 takin this mutha fucka ova.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2003, 04:29:31 PM »
Thats coz he scared. He cant write good coz hes scared coz 50 takin this mutha fucka ova.

What an irrelevant & stupid comment.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2003, 04:54:41 PM »
Mannn, DMX ain't suppose 2 be no lyricist...

Most songs that he makes carry a message, and he comes from tha stomach & stands for what he believes in...He doesn't have 2 have lyrics, he has tha delievery 2 make U feel what he's tryin 2 get across...He comes decent lyrically on alot of tracks anyway...

And please don't bring keystyling in this shit, ofcourse cats who keystyle on here can come better lyrically writing they shit...but can they spit it? there's a HUGE difference there man...There's no way I can spit tha shit I write in keystyle tha way I want to...Writing to a beat is MUCH more complicated...

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2003, 05:07:58 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
agreed

Duckman

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2003, 05:42:02 PM »
Is Grand Champ worth buying? Or does it suck dick like Dmx's last cd

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2003, 06:31:19 PM »
..dont get me wrong I feel most of his stuff but lyrically he is wack, most people that drop keystyles and rhymes on this board actually proberly have more writing talent than him.  hes the kind of person that rhymes lives wit knives, cats wit bats, fun wit gun, figga wit nigga, feel me?

Just been peepin Where The Hood At and even tho I reckon the song is dope I actually hoped to hear an improvement in X's lyrics.  I listened to a song of his of sum soundtrack the other day and the song was totally awful, cant rememebr what it was but it had a line in along the line of:

"His name was Dave" or sumit

N e way I just think he cud do with some tigher lyrics.  

lyrically he came out pretty tite on his first album..but after that he fell off...but i still enjoy his music nontheless...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2003, 06:31:35 PM by LaZ1e »

bow_down

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2003, 08:33:19 PM »
I agree with what Rodzilla said. Dmx is similar to tupac from a lyricall point of view, they dont need to use metaphors and shit in their songs u know. Its what they say not how they say it.