Author Topic: Lyrically DMX fucking sucks..  (Read 708 times)

eS El Duque

Re:Lyrically DMX fucking sucks..
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2003, 09:49:12 PM »
Is Grand Champ worth buying? Or does it suck dick like Dmx's last cd

its worth buying

Jome

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2003, 10:05:52 PM »
Mannn, DMX ain't suppose 2 be no lyricist...

Most songs that he makes carry a message, and he comes from tha stomach & stands for what he believes in...He doesn't have 2 have lyrics, he has tha delievery 2 make U feel what he's tryin 2 get across...He comes decent lyrically on alot of tracks anyway...

And please don't bring keystyling in this shit, ofcourse cats who keystyle on here can come better lyrically writing they shit...but can they spit it? there's a HUGE difference there man...There's no way I can spit tha shit I write in keystyle tha way I want to...Writing to a beat is MUCH more complicated...

Word.
2Pac wasn't no Canibus or Pharoahe neither, but Pac & X both got incredible charisma, credibility and talent.. you don't have to study a dictionary to become a dope rapper.

JTSimon

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2003, 11:01:16 PM »
..dont get me wrong I feel most of his stuff but lyrically he is wack, most people that drop keystyles and rhymes on this board actually proberly have more writing talent than him.  hes the kind of person that rhymes lives wit knives, cats wit bats, fun wit gun, figga wit nigga, feel me?

Just been peepin Where The Hood At and even tho I reckon the song is dope I actually hoped to hear an improvement in X's lyrics.  I listened to a song of his of sum soundtrack the other day and the song was totally awful, cant rememebr what it was but it had a line in along the line of:

"His name was Dave" or sumit

N e way I just think he cud do with some tigher lyrics.  

Watch out for WestCoastVeteran he takes hits at DMX seriously... ;Dhaha

DMX is one lucky artist :D

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2003, 02:40:52 AM »
Mannn, DMX ain't suppose 2 be no lyricist...

Most songs that he makes carry a message, and he comes from tha stomach & stands for what he believes in...He doesn't have 2 have lyrics, he has tha delievery 2 make U feel what he's tryin 2 get across...He comes decent lyrically on alot of tracks anyway...

KVB

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2003, 12:05:00 PM »
Lyrics have never been DMX's strength. (Although he is, generally speaking, by no means a BAD lyricist.) What makes him stand out is his aggressive delivery and the energy which he puts into his raps. You have a point though, I've had Grand Champion on repeat for a week now and he could definitely had stepped his game up on some tracks. I still enjoy the album though, and think it is the best rap release of 2003 so far, even surpassing Gang Starr's latest.