Author Topic: Do SNoop and NAte even respect Warren G?  (Read 876 times)

k-dogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re:Do SNoop and NAte even respect Warren G?
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2003, 08:55:57 AM »
This is the real deal....213 REALLY MISSED THERE TIME.  I'm not sure why it's taken so long,  but 5 years ago with Warren G handling most of the production,  the album would have had a better chance of going platinum.  It's not that they can't make a dope album now, it's just that fans (non westcoast) will not get excited about any album entirely produced by the G child.  Fans will get  a little more interested if they see The Neptunes or Timbaland's name attached to the project.  Is this fair??? Of course not. It's the way of the game these days.  Warren has not helped matters much by not keeping his name out there more..Whether he is lazy or no one is interested, either way, it's a shame.    

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2003, 10:22:42 AM »
Fuck the game then.

Trauma-san

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2003, 12:47:36 PM »
Again, you're all talking out of your ass.  You have no idea what the fuck is going on, you have no idea why Warren isn't producing the whole album.  I'll remind everybody that Warren didnt' even produce all of his last 2 albums, he's not trippin' on "I gotta produce every cut!!!!" that's bullshit.  And i'm glad you're all giving me history lessons on 213, when they've NEVER EVEN RECORDED A FUCKING ALBUM.  Warren was the producer because he was the only one that could produce, LOL.  Now that they're famous, maybe they get other people to produce, who the fuck knows?  Maybe Warren doesn't like to produce, it would explain why it takes him 4 years to do a solo album, and doesn't do 1 fucking song in between for anybody else.  What it comes down to is, you're all bitching about shit you dont' know anything about.  Go on hating Snoop or whatever because Warren ain't producing the whole album, but that's just you ASSuming you know what the fuck you're talking about.  

k-dogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2003, 01:34:36 PM »
Again, you're all talking out of your ass.  You have no idea what the fuck is going on, you have no idea why Warren isn't producing the whole album.  I'll remind everybody that Warren didnt' even produce all of his last 2 albums, he's not trippin' on "I gotta produce every cut!!!!" that's bullshit.  And i'm glad you're all giving me history lessons on 213, when they've NEVER EVEN RECORDED A FUCKING ALBUM.  Warren was the producer because he was the only one that could produce, LOL.  Now that they're famous, maybe they get other people to produce, who the fuck knows?  Maybe Warren doesn't like to produce, it would explain why it takes him 4 years to do a solo album, and doesn't do 1 fucking song in between for anybody else.  What it comes down to is, you're all bitching about shit you dont' know anything about.  Go on hating Snoop or whatever because Warren ain't producing the whole album, but that's just you ASSuming you know what the fuck you're talking about.  

WOW....FORGIVE US REGULAR FANS FOR HAVING AN OPINION...I THOUGHT THAT WAS WHAT THIS (AND MOST) BOARDS WERE FOR.  MAYBE YOU EXPERTS SHOULD HAVE YOUR OWN BOARD AND YOU CAN COMPARE YOUR ALBUMS THAT NO ONE WILL EVER SEE. I REALLY DON'T THINK ALL OF US ARE BITCHING, WE ARE JUST GIVING OUR OPINION.  YOU REALLY DON'T KNOW ANYMORE THAN WE DO SINCE I DOUBT THAT YOU HAVE REGULAR CONVERSATIONS WITH WARREN, SNOOP, OR NATE.  YOU WANNABE EXPERTS CRACK ME UP.... ;D ;D    

budsmokeronly

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2003, 01:52:23 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Trauma you're a fucking idiot.  Save yourself of some ridicule and don't talk about rap music.

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2003, 02:16:52 PM »

Oh Mr Know-it-all to the rescue... ¬_¬'

And just to give you a little bit of info:
RETURN OF THE REGULATOR: Warren produced 14 outta 16 tracks.
I WANT IT ALL: Warren produced 13 outta 16 tracks.

So...mmm...yeah...he didn't produce the whole album...bitch you talkin shit....Timbaland is producing HALF of his new album and U should know he is not a lazy motherfucker...

Let us have our own opinions, ok? Dont come around here bannin our opinions with your half assed explanations.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2003, 02:31:24 PM »
Damn, this is a very interesting debate.

I can understand y some people are mad that Warren isn't doin most of the album, since that may seem like selling out. At the same time, I can understand y people are coo with having other producers because they kno it will make the album appeal more.'

For me, I'll be honest, Warren G was one of my favorites in his prime, but I haven't liked a lot of his recent stuff as much. His last album was coo, it had some good beats, but nothin classic or nothin I still bump like I do to "This DJ" and Regulate.

Now if Warren went back to his old style and did this whole 213 album, some people would say the album would sound outdated, but true fans of G-Funk would love the hell outta it. If Warren stays with his current style and only does a few tracks, this album may not have the same feel as an all g-funk album, but it would still be a dope album.

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2003, 02:55:46 PM »
Yeah, no matta what, the album will probably end up being dope. The thing is, dope for the masses or dope for the fans. It is true that there has never been a 213 album befo, but we can identify some sort of "213 sound". When the trio collaborates it sound special, it has a laid back jazzy feel. Just bump "Yo sassy ways", "Game dont wait" or "Friends". There's a trend, a "sound". And we, the fans, would like that sound (which is natural to the trio) to persist thru the album, as it is the only way for it to sound authentic. Nate, Snoop and Warren singing over too uptempo or mainstream beats would just not fit right in their style.

I think it is much more simple than that. The fans (we) want 213. But they may not give us 213...and that's sad because there wont probable be another chance.

Anyway, I am gon buy the album, I am gon bump it non stop and I am gon like it even if it aint what I've been dreamin of all these years.

Lil Suge Knight

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2003, 03:08:34 PM »
If Warren G doesnt get the tag as Executive producer then 213 can suck my dick, its a joint venture, but give the guy his dues if the group is 213 and Warren is the prodcure for that group then he gets the say on who guests as producers, as Snoop would have the main say on who guests as rappers,

Artists in my mind they can add to the project outside DPG Family

Timba (1 Track)
Neptunes (1 Track)
50 Cent (2 Tracks)
Eminem (1 Track)
Cube (1 Track)
WC (1 Track)
Xzibit (2 Tracks)

Most Def have E-White, Eastsidaz, Dre, Daz, Bad Azz, Lil C Style, Soopafly, Fred Wreck, DJ Jam, Twinz, Mr Grimm, La Toya, RBX, Lady Of Rage!!!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2003, 03:10:30 PM by lil_sugeknight »
These is dedicated to the niggaz down from day one!!!

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2003, 03:19:15 PM »
That's a whole lot of people man!! :D

I'd rather keep it strictly 213.

Lil Suge Knight

« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2003, 04:05:11 PM »
Id make it a double album

Trauma-san

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2003, 05:39:37 PM »
Lets all just go ahead and boycott the album, before we even here a lead single.  LOL yall are a bunch of little girls.  

Hey, I got a question.

WHO GIVES A FUCK?  Really, does it matter?  Who gives a shit who produces it?  If it sounds good, buy it, if not, bootleg the good tracks off MIRC .

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2003, 09:40:41 PM »
I know they are all good friends, but musically do tey even feel him anymore?

Im sure everyone knows that i am a huge Warren G fan and that i even gave his last album a 5/5 rating.  However, i have a feeling that Snoop AND Nate both doubt Warrens hitmaking abilities considering he has not produced a hit song in a LONG time.  I personally still LOVe his production as do a lot of people on this message board, but it is hard to say whether he still has what it takes to make an album have huge sales.  And lets be honest, this album has to be HUGE and put up HUGE numbers(although i could care less)........i wish it could all be Warren produced, but with the way rap is today, it seems like you HAVE TO HAVE A NEPTUNES beat and gotta have some mc's who dont belong, whether we like it or not.  

Another thought:  while i am gonna buy and like this album no matter who produces it or is a guest on it, i wonder if the album should even be made.  Seriously, it seems as though neither NAte or Snoop think enough of Warren to even get him to produce for their solos; it seems as though warren is the one who has always wanted the album, and is the one who NEEDS this album to gain back is status as a superstar.  Snoop is rich and not really hungry, and Nate could make more money singing ooks for everyone in the game.  To, that is the problem with this album.........  

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2003, 09:46:09 PM »
Lets all just go ahead and boycott the album, before we even here a lead single.  LOL yall are a bunch of little girls.  

Hey, I got a question.

WHO GIVES A FUCK?  Really, does it matter?  Who gives a shit who produces it?  If it sounds good, buy it, if not, bootleg the good tracks off MIRC .

Its 213 album. This is not some no name rapper beggin to blow up.

Am I the only one who thinks that 213 will sell MORE if they stay to their roots? I mean, when was the last time Snoop dropped a proper west coast album? Why did Paid the Cost push 175,000 Records first week, yet had a neptunes produced first single. Still a G Thang had Da Game pushin 500 K first week.

By the way Trauma, if you check out every interview Warren has done in the last 2 years, Hes mentioned several times:

-The fans have been bothering him for a 213 album for years
- Hes always been the one pushin for this project
- Snoop is hard headed and doesnt listen to him
- Snoop has been the major influence behind gettin other producers on board

Furthermore just look at the number of records Snoops done with Warren over the last 10 years.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Lil Suge Knight

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2003, 02:50:18 AM »
Tha G Child should just fuck y'all and sign to Tha Row, become like Vice Pres over there and him Kurupt and Crook be running things