Author Topic: Outkast (The Love Below/Speakerboxxx)  (Read 632 times)

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Re:Outkast (The Love Below/Speakerboxxx)
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2003, 10:28:24 PM »
I still remember when "Digital Undeground" funk'd it up.
But the word Inovative wasn't thrown around as much. ;)

Outkast is coo...
Just not as inovative/creative as most peep's tend to give them credit for.
It's all been done. (no-one is original anymore)
but prop's for bringing it back.

Hatesrats 2oooTre (iMo)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2003, 10:31:21 PM by Hatesrats »

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2003, 10:37:50 PM »
iv been 2 about 6 or 7 cd places since tuesday and iv only seen this cd at 2 of the places.. this thing is sellin fast

infinite59

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2003, 06:20:38 AM »
Was this album supposed to be some kind of joke?

I'm trying to come up with conspiracy theories to explain how wack this album is.  I think that Andre3000 retired.  Then L.A. Ried told him, "Just throw together 19 songs of ANYTHING, trust me, I can make it a hit."

There isn't one tight song on the whole Andre disc.

There is only one banger.  That's the joint with Jay-Z on it.  I don't like Jay-Z, but that track is bangin.  

Other than the one Jay-Z cut, it's all garbage.

Was this supposed to be some kind of joke?

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2003, 09:04:36 AM »
Was this album supposed to be some kind of joke?

I'm trying to come up with conspiracy theories to explain how wack this album is.  I think that Andre3000 retired.  Then L.A. Ried told him, "Just throw together 19 songs of ANYTHING, trust me, I can make it a hit."

There isn't one tight song on the whole Andre disc.

There is only one banger.  That's the joint with Jay-Z on it.  I don't like Jay-Z, but that track is bangin.  

Other than the one Jay-Z cut, it's all garbage.

Was this supposed to be some kind of joke?

i thought jay-z track was on big boy cd? cd1 ?

and yea andre cd is not hip hop at all...... it's weird........ i'll have to listen to it a few times

wolfgang1369

• Lil Geezy
  • fresh
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2003, 09:41:11 AM »
y'all smokin crack ... speakerboxxx is fuckin' nasty, the love below just a notch below ... open minds would be appreciated around here ...

mauzip

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2003, 09:44:13 AM »
y'all smokin crack ... speakerboxxx is fuckin' nasty, the love below just a notch below ... open minds would be appreciated around here ...

No, idiot. It's all a matter of taste, not a matter of being open minded. ::)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2003, 03:44:37 PM »
how can you say this is garbage but hail to 50 cent, obie trice, snoop, dmx, paris,

You're a fool. I really like the new Big Boi disc but it's nothing compared to Obie's new one. Big Boi will also never be on the level of Paris, but of course you have to take a moment out to hate on him cause you're scared of the truth.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

SGV

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2003, 08:48:54 PM »
I haven't liked an Outkast LP since Southernplayalistic, but this LP is crazy. Big Boi's disc is straight up dope Hip Hop. Dre's disc is just dope music all around. I was suprised that I barely bump Big Boi's album, compared to Dre's. Dre pushed E-40 and Lynch out of my rotation, that's hard to believe. Only problem with Dre, he's doing what's been done before. "Happy Valentines" is a dope track, but that old track "Guerilla Funk" by Paris used to same melody, and was better.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2003, 11:27:06 PM »
how can you say this is garbage but hail to 50 cent, obie trice, snoop, dmx, paris,

You're a fool. I really like the new Big Boi disc but it's nothing compared to Obie's new one. Big Boi will also never be on the level of Paris, but of course you have to take a moment out to hate on him cause you're scared of the truth.

lol @ obie being better than outkast and LMAO @ Paris being the truth. go get your skin tattooed dark brown or something.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2003, 03:52:41 AM »
ahahhaah , Lincoln , you crack me up ..
If you know good music , you would never say that the bullshit Obie album is better than Big bois disc

BL7

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2003, 04:40:28 AM »
Big Boi's cd is off the hook! There were only 2 or 3 tracks I wasn't feeling on it. As for Andre's, at first I was like "what the fuck?", but man that shit grows on you. I love this album now, and I think it's wayyyyyyyy better than "Stankonia"!

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2003, 06:28:05 AM »
everytrack on Speakerboxxx is fucken dope. Andon the Love Below...its some good weird shit

infinite59

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2003, 10:36:40 AM »
ahahhaah , Lincoln , you crack me up ..
If you know good music , you would never say that the bullshit Obie album is better than Big bois disc

(Out of 10)

Big Boi- 3
Andre- .5
Obie Trice- 7

What is there to like about the Andre disc?  It's some Frank Sinatra type shit.  The new Outkast album is 90% fillers and skits and 10% music.

Woodrow

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2003, 10:46:36 AM »
^^Wrong^^

« Last Edit: September 30, 2003, 10:47:03 AM by Engel-Rock AKA Dances With Bitch »

SGV

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2003, 11:32:40 AM »
What is there to like about the Andre disc?  It's some Frank Sinatra type shit.  The new Outkast album is 90% fillers and skits and 10% music.
Close minded children. It's a shame. When an artist branches out and does something different, it's wack. Ever thought that there is more music than just Hip Hop? Dre influencing Big Boi's style was wack to me, so that's why I haven't liked their last three LPs. But, Dre doing his own thing, made me look at him different. Him and Big Boi both made albums that they've always wanted to. If you only like Hip Hop, don't listen to The Love Below, you're too closeminded for it.