Author Topic: Outkast (The Love Below/Speakerboxxx)  (Read 634 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Re:Outkast (The Love Below/Speakerboxxx)
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2003, 11:39:03 AM »
i havent listened to neither yet... ill check it soon

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2003, 11:46:34 AM »
Was this album supposed to be some kind of joke?

I'm trying to come up with conspiracy theories to explain how wack this album is.  I think that Andre3000 retired.  Then L.A. Ried told him, "Just throw together 19 songs of ANYTHING, trust me, I can make it a hit."

There isn't one tight song on the whole Andre disc.

There is only one banger.  That's the joint with Jay-Z on it.  I don't like Jay-Z, but that track is bangin.  

Other than the one Jay-Z cut, it's all garbage.

Was this supposed to be some kind of joke?

All I can say is WOW...U are 1 closed minded ass cat...U and Trauma are like tha  exact same people...

If U kno yur music, there's no reason not 2 like that Andre, What's wack about it? It's a mixture of Jazz, Soul, Hip-Hop, Trip Hop, everythin all blended, it's a work of art, He didn't put just ANYTHING 2gether...every song has class to it, listen deeply...Even my people from da hood getting down 2 that shit...Ain't nuthin corny bout it...

Big Boi's album I didn't enjoy as much because of tha fact that all its material has been done before...When I pick up an OutKast album, I expect them 2 live up 2 they name...U kno...But it waz pretty solid regradless...

I enjoyed Obie's album also...It had alot of unique material in it...Dats what I look for in albums in this day & age where over 100,000 hip hop albums come out every year with tha same sound & concepts...

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2003, 01:19:04 PM »
holy shit you guys are on some kinda drugs or something cuz this shit is FUCKING dope

DAMN its happened again.

I'm agreeing with Jake.

Album(s) of the fucking year.

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2003, 05:39:01 AM »
Rodzilla , couldnt agree with you more .  8)

infinite59

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2003, 07:11:10 AM »
What is there to like about the Andre disc?  It's some Frank Sinatra type shit.  The new Outkast album is 90% fillers and skits and 10% music.
If you only like Hip Hop, don't listen to The Love Below, you're too closeminded for it.

Thanks for the reminder.  I won't listen to it.  Because it's true, I only like hip-hop.  And I don't really listen to much music anymore, period.  Trust me, I don't consider myself to be any authority on today's hip-hop music.  I was just dissapointed that Andre didn't offer us the same level of introspection in his lyrics of the first 4 albums.

But ya'll can calm down.  I'm no authority on the quality of today's hip-hop music.  And Rod, I don't appreciate your comments linking me to Trauma.  Your a Persian who doesn't know anything about yourself or your culture.  American culture has superimposed itself onto you so much so, that taken on all the characteristics of your own oppressor.  Don't think that hip-hop artists aren't imitating their oppressors.  What do you think bloods and crips are doing?  There is a direct correlation between America's imperialism abroad and wannabe imperialists on the street, who are all about money, power, and respect.  You verify the white mans superiority over you every time you emulate him to achieve success.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2003, 07:14:39 AM by Ibrahim Islam »

Woodrow

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2003, 08:57:40 AM »
Do everybody here a favor and keep your warped ass political views outta this section of the forum.

Woodrow

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2003, 08:59:43 AM »
This was posted on my forum and I thought It was a interesting look at Andre 3000's album

It's a concept album about music and hiphop and his fear of even doing the album. The beginning is about his running from his love. Cupid Valentino understands though you see he used to be a bad boy...
Hell, Andre might've just sung on it just to make fun of the rap game's current state.

I really don't want to ruin it for you. But 3000 is a muthafuggin genius dog I swear.

The God interlude.
into happy valentine's day, the day when you share your gifts of love to those you love.
into Where are my panties, when his prayers are answered and he finds himself in bed with music, and starts denying his affinity towards expressing his love for music...Stay cool ice cold. At first you listen and you think that he's talking about a bad ass bitch who might be the one. But it's REALLY him discovering that being creative with music who might be the one.

Prototype, he discusses this further. he also talks about going to the movies with music, doing something he knows she'll like. (The upcoming MTV musical) AT 2:56 seconds into the track you hear, "and...ACTION!!" and then you hear a reel rolling. I first thought this was unintentional. But you realize he's making a movie with the music. Taking her to the matinee.

She Lives iN my Lap. So fuggin genius. I refuse to give away what this track is about. But you'll pickit up easily. A man and woman's creative juices lie within their pelvis. He revisits this idea at Vibrate.

"She and all her friends, go out dressed to win...
Make me want you
Make me miss you
Make me wonder where you are then forget you
girl remind me just who we are.  
We're so close, but yet so far."
Peep game.
At the end the last thing he says on this song is "gave me courage one day."

Hey Ya! Parody. BRILLIANT!!!!!! Infectious!!! and when you stop singing the hook like the bafoon Andre is making a mockery of (mindless fans) you can listen to the song, and see it's about hiphop. Which is why I'm staying up hoping to catch the video, because if he's grinning in it like they say, man, I'ma fall out.

Roses see the original message.

Bentley Farnsworth. Parody on the modern materialistic emcee that doesn't even know how he's doing. But even HE knows what a lady like hiphop looks like.

Behold A Lady About Hiphop I think, 3:50- seconds into the song there's something that supports this. I'm sleepy but I forgot.

Pink & Blue a song about the older lady that 3000 wants to help get her groove back. FUNK. He even let's you know his inadequacies as a songwriter on this track. "Got me talking like a baby." Basically trying to figure out how to bring back funk & save it. I promise you'll have young fun.

Love In War. About hiphop and how music shouldn't be used to describe death and destruction. Very surface level a track.

She's Alive. I'll leave for you to decode, but the focus of this song isn't JUST about single moms. This is probably the only song that strays from the album's theme.

Dracula's Wedding. Dead vampire leeching offa music meets his match. The very thing he's scared shitless of. And she's trying to build his confidence in her. she won't kill him. In fact, she makes good peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. She feeds him what he needs.

Take off your cool about 3000 letting go of his fears of becoming a musician and how it might ruin his career. Notice the difference in phrasing after Norah beckons him to expose himself....Everything just becomes lighter and airier. Then andre joins in the singing.

Vibrate. Listen hard. That's all I'ma say.

A Life in the Day of Benjamin Andre.
The woman is music. Nuff said. She is a life compared to his day. She'll live without him as she has before him. The baby that she had with that nigga who left her was Southern playalistic, and Andre was daddy...That rabbit analogy is still over my head though.

But don't believe me listen for yourself.
Posted by relee.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2003, 09:06:34 AM »
And Rod, I don't appreciate your comments linking me to Trauma.  Your a Persian who doesn't know anything about yourself or your culture.  American culture has superimposed itself onto you so much so, that taken on all the characteristics of your own oppressor.  

WTF? once again, U DO NOT KNOW ME...I'm with my people all da time, doin everything my culture requires me to while I'm in America...American culture is nowhere near taken over me, R U even listenin 2 wat yur sayin?? U need 2 get laid or somethin mane...U got issues...U can't win arguing against me ABOUT ME...so stop all tha stereotyping...

ayy, What about U? U a white boy who don't even have respect 4 his own people...Ur on a message board makin MY people look bad with yur fanatic bullshit...At 1st, I waz like cool, dood reachin out, he got an open mind...but now UR JUST ANOTHER JOHNNY WALKER...dat dumb ass muthafuca dat no real muslims respect...fuck him and his kind...

« Last Edit: October 01, 2003, 09:10:22 AM by RODZILLA a.k.a tha7th »

COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

infinite59

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2003, 12:03:56 PM »

WTF? once again, U DO NOT KNOW ME...I'm with my people all da time, doin everything my culture requires me to while I'm in America...American culture is nowhere near taken over me, R U even listenin 2 wat yur sayin?? U need 2 get laid or somethin mane...U got issues...U can't win arguing against me ABOUT ME...so stop all tha stereotyping...

ayy, What about U? U a white boy who don't even have respect 4 his own people...Ur on a message board makin MY people look bad with yur fanatic bullshit...At 1st, I waz like cool, dood reachin out, he got an open mind...but now UR JUST ANOTHER JOHNNY WALKER...dat dumb ass muthafuca dat no real muslims respect...fuck him and his kind...

How would you know what real Muslims think?  First of all.  Your a hypocrite.  The Prophet (saws) is reported to have said that a hypocrite is one who consistently stays away from performing the fajr prayer.  If I called the mosque in your area, would they have even seen you once for fajr prayer?  Would they have even seen you at all?  Have you ever even read the Qur'an?  Not likely!

You already told me you don't participate in the Ramaddan.  That's a primary, mandatory, pillar of Islam that you have consistently failed to perform!

And you say I don't know you?  That's right.  But if I don't know you, then how do you know me?  Or how do you know Trauma?  Or how do you know that we are exactly alike?  Your a hypocrite.  You started this.  Your as far from real as they come.  

My people are Muslims.  My people aren't of any race.  They are Muslims.  Period.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2003, 12:08:13 PM by Ibrahim Islam »

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2003, 04:05:31 PM »
OK...explain 2 me exactly why I'm not real??

Yes, I waz born into a Muslim family...but did U ever stop 2 think why I don't pray Islamic style 20 times a day? cuzz I don't believe I need 2 do that, I could care-less what a Prophit has written down in tha Quran...simple...me and U my friend are from EXACT opposite places...I don't need to go to Mosque 2 have a relationship with god...I don't need 2 pray in arabic...Ur just another fanatic book smart Muslim...I know yur kind, and I HATE yur kind...simple & plain...Ur worse than a racist...you've changed cuzz U been brain-washed in tha finest form...and U will never really enjoy life...Being a White Muslim is all coo, my boy is a White Muslim...he down as fuck...but being a Johnny Walker is another thing...

COMING IN 2008.

Trauma-san

« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2003, 04:13:41 PM »
Engle, I dunno about the album being an analogy like that.  Back in the day, Hippies weren't deep.  They'd just make a 'concept album', then spend years listening to it, trying to decide exactly what their subconscious was telling them to make.  I think Andre just made a bunch of weird ass songs, I just don't see the whole album as a symbol of music.  I think the tracks about the lady are just what they appear to be, just some tracks about some chick.  In the one song he even mentions he's talking about Erykah Badu, and they do have a kid, that has nothing to do with what this guy said the album's about... Or maybe I'm just too stupid to get it.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2003, 04:19:37 PM »
Was this album supposed to be some kind of joke?

I'm trying to come up with conspiracy theories to explain how wack this album is.  I think that Andre3000 retired.  Then L.A. Ried told him, "Just throw together 19 songs of ANYTHING, trust me, I can make it a hit."

There isn't one tight song on the whole Andre disc.

There is only one banger.  That's the joint with Jay-Z on it.  I don't like Jay-Z, but that track is bangin.  

Other than the one Jay-Z cut, it's all garbage.

Was this supposed to be some kind of joke?

For once, I actually agree 100%.  

infinite59

« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2003, 06:07:28 PM »

For once, I actually agree 100%.  

Actually, I change my mind.  The Big Boi disc is dope.  It's iller than Obie Trice's album.  Seriously.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2003, 06:07:49 PM by Ibrahim Islam »

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History