Author Topic: Which East Coast Rappers Show The West Love  (Read 745 times)

tnp

Re:Which East Coast Rappers Show The West Love
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2003, 06:02:44 PM »
Damn I was just thinking about how Redman has been showing the West love, being on Eiht's "Nuthin But the Gangsta w/ Spice 1" and redoing Cube's "Once Upon a Time in the Projects", as well as more recent projects.

Chuck D has always shown the West love, especially with Cube's first album.

As for now...i dunno

SGV

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2003, 11:43:48 PM »
Fat Joe(Movie with Mack 10, also featured on an E-40 album, and has worked with MC Ren.)

Treach(From SCC to Deathrow, he's been fucking with the West Coast for a long time.)

Redman(Just listen to the beats he used back in the day. Straight G-Funk. Has worked with Cypress plenty of times.)

Chino XL(Lives out here now. Worked with Xzibit, Tha Mexakinz, Crooked I, Planet Asia, Sly Boogy and grips more.)

Outlawz(Stay working in the Bay.)

These are really the only artists who show REAL love to the West. Jay-Z I wouldn't count because he only worked with Dre and Snoop. WOW!  ::) 50 is
only working with Snoop, that's not really showing love. I wouldn't count that as "Love."

Actually, if you see a pattern here, most of the artists from the East that show the West love are from Jersey.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2003, 11:56:10 PM »
i dont know who the fuck said jay-z shows love to the west, but 50 is constantly making references to california in general. not to mention the fact that he actually works with dpg, a group that the east coast has seemingly dreaded for years.

but when it comes to actually working with a VARIETY of westcoast rappers, it'd probably go to busta or fabolous. as an artist, i think fab is wack as fuck. i simply just cant get into any of his songs, including a lot of his non-singles. but i give props where its due... fab tries to help out a whole lotta west coast artists whom you'd think he wouldnt

the majority of the other rappers mentioned thus far dont show love to the west, unless u consider working with one rapper from cali showing love.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2003, 12:25:24 AM by Krayzie Mofo Guy »

Don Breezio

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2003, 11:58:58 PM »
you guys are forgetting the most important song of all time as far as this goes:

"if i gotsta choose a coast i gotsta choose the east,
i live out there so dont go there
but that dont mean a nigga cant rest in the west
see some nice breasts in the west"

Notorious B.I.G. - Going Back To Cali

Don Breezio

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2003, 12:00:53 AM »
the majority of the other rappers mentioned thus far dont show love to the west, unless u consider working with one rapper from cali showing love.

i agree entirely

SGV

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2003, 12:01:20 AM »
but 50 is constantly making references to california in general. not to mention the fact that he actually works with dpg, a group that the east coast has seemingly dreaded for years.

Plenty of cats out there has worked with the DPG. Lost Boyz did it. Hell, you say Jay doesn't show love, but he's worked with DPG a few times, so what's the difference? There is none. Making references to Cali doesn't mean you're showing love. Remember who signed him. He's doing what Dre wants to hear. Very few cats out that way show REAL love to the West Coast. Treach, Chino, Outlawz and Redman are the few that really show love. That's why I support all Jersey artists, except wack ass Joe Budden.

ecrazy

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2003, 12:11:46 AM »
Damn I was just thinking about how Redman has been showing the West love, being on Eiht's "Nuthin But the Gangsta w/ Spice 1" and redoing Cube's "Once Upon a Time in the Projects", as well as more recent projects.

Chuck D has always shown the West love, especially with Cube's first album.

As for now...i dunno

ISNT CHUCK D FROM OAKLAND????

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2003, 01:02:53 AM »
Hell, you say Jay doesn't show love, but he's worked with DPG a few times, so what's the difference? There is none.

there is. jay did like one song with them. 50 wants to do a whole album with them while he is still at the top of his game.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2003, 10:35:34 AM »
Jadakiss
Fat Joe
Gangstarr
Redman
Erick Sermon
Biggie
Chino XL

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2003, 11:35:15 AM »
Canibus! 'Cuz he builds the "Horsemen" together with Ras Kass and Kurupt. Killah Priest is also a member, but he isn't from the Left Coast.

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2003, 12:55:30 PM »
Fabolous people, Fabolous. Y'all needta include dude on your lists.

mauzip

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2003, 01:00:25 PM »
We're saying all these rappers, but what about Xzibit ???

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2003, 02:56:45 PM »
Uh...Xzibit is considered Westcoast himself.

LazyLatino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2003, 03:40:22 PM »
Kool Keith.......

mauzip

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2003, 10:38:54 PM »
Uh...Xzibit is considered Westcoast himself.

still born and raised in detroit.