Author Topic: *21 Hip Hop Questionz* (for True Hip Hopperz)  (Read 255 times)

Pinokit

• Lil Geezy
  • Street Life Records Artist
*21 Hip Hop Questionz* (for True Hip Hopperz)
« on: September 29, 2003, 10:12:03 AM »
This is a thread I saw posted at www.allhiphop.com message boards.  I thought It was a good topic with some pretty good questions, So iI thought I'd ask it here.  This is for the "Real Hop Hop Headz".......

These are my answers.

1) Do you think the Black Album will really be Jay's last? Or do you see a bluff like what happened with Volume 3? That was also supposed to be his last, but he later released about 4 more albums  

I have a feeling that Jigga means what he say's. It's better to quit while your on top. That way you remembered as one of the greats. I think Jay Z will go down as one of the greats when its all said and done. But then again, Too Short and Master P said they retired like 3 albums ago, so we never know.

2) Why cant Puffy make another star? Since B.I and Ma$e, he really hasn't had a smash, breakout artist. We all knows he's a smart business man.. Do you think he'll EVER have one more Jay-Z / 50 Cent calibur star in him?

Possibly. It's possible. Just cuz Puffy is in a slump doesn't mean he can't rise again. Look at Dr. Dre when he left Death Row and first started Aftermath, I don't think anyone cared. Nobody heard of Dre for a while, then BOOM, he signs Eminem, drops Dre 2001 and Dre is back on top. So ya never know.

3) Do you think Ja Rule can EVER fight back from the hole he's in? Do you think the mainstream will ever accept him again?

Personally, I don't understand why the mainstream turned their backs on him in the first place. Ja found his formula, found what worked for him and he ran with it. Then 50 Cent comes out and clowns Ja and BOOM, everyone turns their back on Ja Rule. Dont get me wrong, 50 Cent is the shit, one of my favorites. But, I don't think the world should have turned their back on Ja because of his personal beef with 50. When people make these "Fake 2Pac" comments about Ja, I don't buy that shit. I dont think Ja is a "wannabe Pac", I just think he's really Pac influenced. Same thing with a lot of rappers out there, a lot of them are Pac influenced. Like Young Noble from the Outlawz said, at least Ja gives respect to Pac, he gives him props and admits that he is Pac influenced.

4) How much longer does 50 Cent have in the spotlight before he drops down to just a normal single platinum rapper? Will people get tired of him soon? Or will he sell shit loads repeatedly just like Eminem? Does he have to stay with Eminem to accomplish this?

Hmmm. 50 Cent is HOTT right now. Can't be stopped. I think EVERY rapper will get to that point in there career when they aren't on top anymore, but I don't really see that happening with 50 anytime soon. He knows what he's doing, he's pimping the game. The only thing i would say that would cause that right now is over saturation. When you see the same person or anything on tv or on the radio over and over, you're bound to get sick of it. But I'm feelin 50 right now. I don't think he needs Eminem forever. I'd say that, yeah, Eminem did have a LOT to do with how big 50 is right now, but 50 had already made a name for himself. Kinda like Eminem. Dre brought him in, now look. He has Shady records and a lot of hot artists.

5) What hiphop story gives you the most imagery? Which one can you just feel the lyrics creating pictures in your head?

5) It's hard to think of one off top right now. But one that stands out a lot is "Somebody Got To Die" by Biggie. That was a dope story track, and the end where the baby gets shot you can just picture it all. I know theres a lot more though, like "Story To Tell" by Biggie, "Kim" and "Stan" by Eminem are INCREDIBLE.

6) How much do you predict the Black Album to sell in it's first week?

I don't really get too into the numbers but I think that album is gonna outsell Blueprint and Blueprint 2.

7) Do you think all parties in the beef with the Source will VOLUNTARILY be in the mag anytime soon? Lesser artists like Lloyd Banks, Obie Trice etc..

Hard to say. I don't think Banks or Obie would voluntarilly be in it though. I don't see it happeneing anytime soon though. Who knows though, I remember when Eminem was saying "FUCK XXL"

8) Would you consider Outkast's new album a hiphop album? Yes or no? You can state why...

I haven't heard the new OutKast album, but props to OutKast for being some of the most creative and different mufuckaz in the rap game.

9) How much longer do you give 50 Cent to live?

Hopefully, a LONG time.

10) How much would you guess the Neptunes charge on average for a track?

No Clue.

11) What would you consider the most blatantly commercial single ever?

"Shake Ya Tailfeather" by Nelly, Puffy and Murphy Lee

12) If you could list some songs that an artist had on a CD, that could have possibly made the rapper be a big sucess, but they didn't release them as singles, what would you list?

Jadakiss - "Nasty Girl" I think this track if played a lot on the radio would have EVERYBODY bumpin Jada. Can't think of anymore at the moment.

13) If you could exchange 2 rappers sucess.. Put 1 underground, and give the underground rapper that mainstream rappers spotlot.. What 2 would you switch?

I'd put Lil Romeo away in exchange for ME, Pinokit. (www.mp3.com/pinokit) haha. And hmmm I'd put away Jim Jones from DipSet in place for B-Roc (www.mp3.com/mtl)

14) Will you be checking for a DPG-Unit album? Do you think the "super group" will be a sucess?

Hell Yeah I'll be checking for that album. That's gonna be some classic shit right there, BUT I would rather see a G-Unit/D-Block connection.

15) What would have to be done to make lyricism a priority in mainstream hiphop again? Or is there no hope of that happening again?

They need to start playing ALL kinds of different shit on the radio and Bet/Mtv.  Think about it.  I'd say that the majority of the songs on the raduio are fed to you over and over again.  You hear something for so long, and of course it's gonna grow on you.  You're gonna like it.  The major labels know what songs to feed the radio.  But I guarantee you if they pushed a rapper like Talib, or any other of these rappers that arent on the radio ALL  the time, they would be as big as some of the others. They need to start playing more deep, meaningfull shit on the radio. "Many Men" is probably the best song on 50's album and i never hear it on the radio. Seems like everything on the radio is either party, club, or lovey shit. Which is cool, BUT, there should be more variety.

16) If Eminem does indeed release a double album, do you think it has chances of being the best double CD ever? Will it be better than the most recent, BP2?

Eminem is at the top right now. Bottom Line, he holds the crown in Hip Hop. Im lookin forward to see whats in store for the next album. He seems to grow and grow with every album so im waitin on that. A double album by Eminem? Come on, you KNOW that would be some HOT SHIT! But I think the best double Hip Hop album is a toss up between "All Eyez On Me" and "Life After Death"

17) What do you personally feel is the biggest single of ALL TIME?

"In Da Club" Name ONE person that didnt love this fuckin song.

18) Will Roc-A-Fella turn into a 2nd rate Ruff Ryders (or worse) after Jay-Z retires?

To be honest, Jay Z IS Rocafella in my opinion. We'll have to see what happens.

19) There have been a lot of bitter break ups and beefs with artists you probably thought were tighter than stingy virgins. What break up, since the dawn of rap, has shocked you the most?

Um, The 2Pac/Dre thing was kind of a shock. Can't think of any others at the moment. But, I never thought I'd see Jigga and Nas, or Jigga and Jaz-O going at it either.

20) Do you think the majority of artists remain fans of other rappers once they get a major contract themselves? Why or why not?

Who fuckin knows?

21) Do you think sucess is an instant red flag to rally against an artist or producer? If someone's music remains 90% identical as it was before they got signed and they had fans, what percentage of THOSE PREVIOUS fans do you think are lost once the rap act makes his mainstream transition?

I think some of these rap fans are fuckin stupid. An artist will go platinum or get commercial success and they like "Oh Fuck Him, he SOLD OUT, HE'S COMMERCIAL, HE THIS HE THAT" You know what I say to that?, THATS BULLSHIT.  I say If you got a chance for commercial success, then TAKE IT.  Why would you be rapping for so long, get a chance to make it, make money and not take it?  That's like a promotion, man.  If you are offered a job at your work and you don't take it, you're an idiot.  Like the song BOMB FIRST on the Makaveli cd says, "If you aint in this rap game/for the cash, mayne/ then what is your MUTHAFUCKIN PURPOSE?"  I don't think that could have been said any better. I think if a fan is a TRUE fan, this goes for friends too, if you a true friend, u will stay loyal through the thick and thin, ruff and tuff.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2003, 10:19:04 AM by Pinokit »

PLANT

Re:*21 Hip Hop Questionz* (for True Hip Hopperz)
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2003, 10:27:07 AM »
Cool.....I agree with most of your answers.

Don Breezio

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2003, 10:02:09 PM »
1) Do you think the Black Album will really be Jay's last? Or do you see a bluff like what happened with Volume 3? That was also supposed to be his last, but he later released about 4 more albums  

i think jigga will make this his last album but i think it will also be a dissapointment...either way he will be remembered in the rap game forever.

2) Why cant Puffy make another star? Since B.I and Ma$e, he really hasn't had a smash, breakout artist. We all knows he's a smart business man.. Do you think he'll EVER have one more Jay-Z / 50 Cent calibur star in him?

he had a damn good thing goin with shyne...too bad he got locked up...he lost the lox...that sucked for him....until he gets some artists that actually are more gangsta and not poppy then i would say he wont be making anything real respectable...makes good club joints though.

3) Do you think Ja Rule can EVER fight back from the hole he's in? Do you think the mainstream will ever accept him again?

Ja does the same shit bone thugs does and noone bitches about them...leave him alone...ja has some dope shit and i hope he keeps making albums for many years to come.

4) How much longer does 50 Cent have in the spotlight before he drops down to just a normal single platinum rapper? Will people get tired of him soon? Or will he sell shit loads repeatedly just like Eminem? Does he have to stay with Eminem to accomplish this?

people arent bright enough to realize the bullshit they are listening to...50 will stay in the spotlight for a few more years at least.

5) What hiphop story gives you the most imagery? Which one can you just feel the lyrics creating pictures in your head?

5) "Stan" By Eminem, "Dear Mama" By 2pac.

i think it will sell the most out of his albums just cuz its his last...

7) Do you think all parties in the beef with the Source will VOLUNTARILY be in the mag anytime soon? Lesser artists like Lloyd Banks, Obie Trice etc..

nah...i feel the source going out of publication soon...

8) Would you consider Outkast's new album a hiphop album? Yes or no? You can state why...

as much as i respect them i havent heard the new album and i havent heard great things about it either...the new andre track is kinda whack...the big boi track is dope but doesnt remind me of the outkast we all know and love...flip flop rock was some dope shit though.

no more than a year.

i would think that as long as pharell can give head to the artist they'll do the track for them  ;D.

Nelly - Hot In Herre, 50 cent - In Da Club, Nelly/Murphy Lee/P. Diddy - Shake Ya Tailfeather

12) If you could list some songs that an artist had on a CD, that could have possibly made the rapper be a big sucess, but they didn't release them as singles, what would you list?

L Burna AKA Layzie Bone - There Dey Go (feat. Aaron Hall), 6'2" - Simple As That (feat. Jazze Pha)

13) If you could exchange 2 rappers sucess.. Put 1 underground, and give the underground rapper that mainstream rappers spotlot.. What 2 would you switch?

None...all the good shit should stay underground so the radio cant play it out

14) Will you be checking for a DPG-Unit album? Do you think the "super group" will be a sucess?

ill download it and if its good ill buy it...i like g unit...dont really like 50...dpg is always dope.

15) What would have to be done to make lyricism a priority in mainstream hiphop again? Or is there no hope of that happening again?

kill off 50 cent, joe budden (i like him but his lyrics suck), nelly, and Baby..even then it probably wouldnt happen.

16) If Eminem does indeed release a double album, do you think it has chances of being the best double CD ever? Will it be better than the most recent, BP2?

eminem is always better than Blueprint 2...but it was still a dope cd"

"In Da Club", "Wanna Be A Baller", "California Love", "I'll Be Missing You".

18) Will Roc-A-Fella turn into a 2nd rate Ruff Ryders (or worse) after Jay-Z retires?

nah...kanye west, odb, and young gunz will hold it down

19) There have been a lot of bitter break ups and beefs with artists you probably thought were tighter than stingy virgins. What break up, since the dawn of rap, has shocked you the most?

A Tribe Called Quest

20) Do you think the majority of artists remain fans of other rappers once they get a major contract themselves? Why or why not?

Probably...I would

21) Do you think sucess is an instant red flag to rally against an artist or producer? If someone's music remains 90% identical as it was before they got signed and they had fans, what percentage of THOSE PREVIOUS fans do you think are lost once the rap act makes his mainstream transition?

Success is overrated...mothafuckers think that if you get your song on the radio 100,000 times a day your a succes...no...your an annoying motherfucker thats what you are...success is making money by doing what you love...not what others love you to do.

***Good Questions***

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2003, 11:21:38 PM »
This is a thread I saw posted at www.allhiphop.com message boards.  I thought It was a good topic with some pretty good questions, So iI thought I'd ask it here.  This is for the "Real Hop Hop Headz".......

These are my answers.

I have a feeling that Jigga means what he say's. It's better to quit while your on top. That way you remembered as one of the greats. I think Jay Z will go down as one of the greats when its all said and done. But then again, Too Short and Master P said they retired like 3 albums ago, so we never know.

Possibly. It's possible. Just cuz Puffy is in a slump doesn't mean he can't rise again. Look at Dr. Dre when he left Death Row and first started Aftermath, I don't think anyone cared. Nobody heard of Dre for a while, then BOOM, he signs Eminem, drops Dre 2001 and Dre is back on top. So ya never know.

Personally, I don't understand why the mainstream turned their backs on him in the first place. Ja found his formula, found what worked for him and he ran with it. Then 50 Cent comes out and clowns Ja and BOOM, everyone turns their back on Ja Rule. Dont get me wrong, 50 Cent is the shit, one of my favorites. But, I don't think the world should have turned their back on Ja because of his personal beef with 50. When people make these "Fake 2Pac" comments about Ja, I don't buy that shit. I dont think Ja is a "wannabe Pac", I just think he's really Pac influenced. Same thing with a lot of rappers out there, a lot of them are Pac influenced. Like Young Noble from the Outlawz said, at least Ja gives respect to Pac, he gives him props and admits that he is Pac influenced.

Hmmm. 50 Cent is HOTT right now. Can't be stopped. I think EVERY rapper will get to that point in there career when they aren't on top anymore, but I don't really see that happening with 50 anytime soon. He knows what he's doing, he's pimping the game. The only thing i would say that would cause that right now is over saturation. When you see the same person or anything on tv or on the radio over and over, you're bound to get sick of it. But I'm feelin 50 right now. I don't think he needs Eminem forever. I'd say that, yeah, Eminem did have a LOT to do with how big 50 is right now, but 50 had already made a name for himself. Kinda like Eminem. Dre brought him in, now look. He has Shady records and a lot of hot artists.

5) It's hard to think of one off top right now. But one that stands out a lot is "Somebody Got To Die" by Biggie. That was a dope story track, and the end where the baby gets shot you can just picture it all. I know theres a lot more though, like "Story To Tell" by Biggie, "Kim" and "Stan" by Eminem are INCREDIBLE.

I don't really get too into the numbers but I think that album is gonna outsell Blueprint and Blueprint 2.

Hard to say. I don't think Banks or Obie would voluntarilly be in it though. I don't see it happeneing anytime soon though. Who knows though, I remember when Eminem was saying "FUCK XXL"

I haven't heard the new OutKast album, but props to OutKast for being some of the most creative and different mufuckaz in the rap game.

Hopefully, a LONG time.

No Clue.

"Shake Ya Tailfeather" by Nelly, Puffy and Murphy Lee

Jadakiss - "Nasty Girl" I think this track if played a lot on the radio would have EVERYBODY bumpin Jada. Can't think of anymore at the moment.

I'd put Lil Romeo away in exchange for ME, Pinokit. (www.mp3.com/pinokit) haha. And hmmm I'd put away Jim Jones from DipSet in place for B-Roc (www.mp3.com/mtl)

Hell Yeah I'll be checking for that album. That's gonna be some classic shit right there, BUT I would rather see a G-Unit/D-Block connection.

They need to start playing ALL kinds of different shit on the radio and Bet/Mtv.  Think about it.  I'd say that the majority of the songs on the raduio are fed to you over and over again.  You hear something for so long, and of course it's gonna grow on you.  You're gonna like it.  The major labels know what songs to feed the radio.  But I guarantee you if they pushed a rapper like Talib, or any other of these rappers that arent on the radio ALL  the time, they would be as big as some of the others. They need to start playing more deep, meaningfull shit on the radio. "Many Men" is probably the best song on 50's album and i never hear it on the radio. Seems like everything on the radio is either party, club, or lovey shit. Which is cool, BUT, there should be more variety.

Eminem is at the top right now. Bottom Line, he holds the crown in Hip Hop. Im lookin forward to see whats in store for the next album. He seems to grow and grow with every album so im waitin on that. A double album by Eminem? Come on, you KNOW that would be some HOT SHIT! But I think the best double Hip Hop album is a toss up between "All Eyez On Me" and "Life After Death"

"In Da Club" Name ONE person that didnt love this fuckin song.

To be honest, Jay Z IS Rocafella in my opinion. We'll have to see what happens.

Um, The 2Pac/Dre thing was kind of a shock. Can't think of any others at the moment. But, I never thought I'd see Jigga and Nas, or Jigga and Jaz-O going at it either.

Who fuckin knows?

I think some of these rap fans are fuckin stupid. An artist will go platinum or get commercial success and they like "Oh Fuck Him, he SOLD OUT, HE'S COMMERCIAL, HE THIS HE THAT" You know what I say to that?, THATS BULLSHIT.  I say If you got a chance for commercial success, then TAKE IT.  Why would you be rapping for so long, get a chance to make it, make money and not take it?  That's like a promotion, man.  If you are offered a job at your work and you don't take it, you're an idiot.  Like the song BOMB FIRST on the Makaveli cd says, "If you aint in this rap game/for the cash, mayne/ then what is your MUTHAFUCKIN PURPOSE?"  I don't think that could have been said any better. I think if a fan is a TRUE fan, this goes for friends too, if you a true friend, u will stay loyal through the thick and thin, ruff and tuff.

1. No , he's only in his early 30's. Don't believe ANY artist when they say it's their "last album" the only way this will hold true is if he commits suicide.

2. I think he will, he's just in a rut  like his hero russle simmons was in the early  90's someone with those type of connections and business savy will find that star.

3. i don't think so, ja rule can only hope for a comeback career 6 years from now. he fucked himself in the ass when he overplayed himself on radio, and started beef with 4 beloved mainstream rappers

4. It all depends on his next release. If he makes a solid next album and another after that he'll be big still, if not, he's just another out of the gate rapper.

5. Georgie (MC Lyte)....i woulda said something cliche but i heard this song the other day on the radio for the first time in a LOOOOOOOONG while, and i was like damn.....that shit was well constructed.

6. 743,291

7. i don't know , if they pay em enough.lol the source has lost cred, and to me at least, it's like volonteering to be on the cover of tiger beat or something lol.

8. andre's cd NO. but  it's all good cuz IMO i think that cd is a near if not a classic (fuck what ya heard) Big Boi's IS. it's not as good as 'dre's but it's still cooler than a polar bear's toe nails.

9. 85, he works out.

10. it's like a mil now i think

11. It's over by kurupt.....you can see rass in that video hiding his face in shame with that one.

12.  "what's the difference"

13. I'd switch Rass Kass with Nelly

14. if i hear good things about it, and it seems to be a good album yeah , i always enjoy change.

15. Rappers with lyrical skill just need to stop being soooooo unlikable with out selling out. straight up , it ain't hard.

16. it'll defintely be better than the blue print 2.......eminem's whole catelouge is better than that album,lol. but i dunno eminem is a all time great rapper , i have no doubt his lyrics can go 30-40 songs deep, he's a dope ass MC, he just needs an equal amount of tight beats. so yeah i have faith, but it's a big risk

17. As far as rap singles go, probably the real slim shady, mo money mo problems, i'll be missing you, nuthin but a g thang, in da club, california love, walk this way......funny most of these songs have dre somewhere in the eqation

18. yeah, honestly who else have they put out that's any good?

19. daz and kurupt.......straight up that shit was a shock.....fucking kurupt ruined a good thing.

20. i guess, you love what you love.

21. if the artist stayed the same and stupid fans  think they sold out......fuck them sideways with a elephant dildo.....what a bunch of backpacked puss nannies.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Breezio

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2003, 11:27:01 PM »
fuck them sideways with a elephant dildo

ahh memories... ;D

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2003, 11:37:16 AM »

1.Last solo album....maybe {Good possibility}
but he will still hold the mic down and do guest shot's.

2.P.Diddy, I belive still has a couple more stars in him.
we just need to stop wanting another B.I.G.
{Cause that will nevcer happen}

3.He's in no hole...his vacation was on his own.
Ja was not forced into leaving 03' to his
"Freinds" {Enemies}.
for every person that dislikes Ja there is 5 that love his music.

4.50 will dominnate the spotlight for years to come.

5."Soulja's story" by 2Pac & "Warning" by B.I.G.

6.As much as a typical Jay release....
peep's don't acully belive it will be hs last solo joint.
and the other 90% who will buy it just think it's another regular drop anyway so

7.FUCK this beef....{Schoolyard shitt)

8.It's all defo 100% hip-hop.

9.His lifetime..

10.A left nut...{I bet it depend's on the artist they are working with.}

11."The REAL Slim Shady" or "Without me"

12.To many to name homie....but I'll throw out:
"So danm hood" (Crooked I feat Sisqo) if a video and single would have been applied to it, I thought it was a coo enough joint to keep the masses aware of him. {Not just us bootleger's...lol}
plus Sisqo was kinda on a buzz at the time....

13.I wouldn't if I could...

14.Yes & no...but more for the DPG side.

15.It's always a must for me...
But when u think about it music, {Sound} actully don't need any words at all if done right.

16.Not the best ever...
almost gurantee it will bury
"The Eminem show" tho.

17.?

18.No...Rocafella will stay the same.
Jay-Z will still feature on all artists track's, Jigga will be sprinkled all over the place still. Plus they never said a group lp was outta the question feat Jay-Z

19.Deathrow & Snoop.
Honestly when Doggy dropped way back when, I could never imagine him without being an inmate. Remember it was the label that paid him.
{then he left for the tank.... :'( }

20.Yes...they defo keep up with who's hot & who's not.
They bump it just the exact way we do.

{Biggie was a huge Pac fan even throuout the beef}
he bumped the hell outta "All eyez on me" even to the point of saying "Hit em' up" was a tight joint.

21.NO...

ImO
Hatesrats 2oooTre

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2003, 11:58:35 AM »

Fat Joe's "What's Luv".
This is some caddy-ass shit if I've ever heard it.  A pure paint-by-numbers song.
"We Thuggin'" is in the same boat.  Both those singles make me sick.

I might answer some more latter.

SGV

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2003, 12:43:26 PM »

These are my answers.

He was supposed to retire after his first album. He's still here. Too Short was supposed to retire 4 albums ago, here's still here. Rappers don't leave.

Speaking too soon. Loon has a good chance to be the next Mase, but he got bumped out the way because of Da Band. They're going to do good.

Ja only got hated on because of 50. Why was his singing never a problem for MOST before 50 came around? 50 got on him, so since he's the biggest thing of the moment, they jumped on his dick and did what he did. All of 50's fans were Ja fans.

I'm sure his next album will be nothing like Get Rich...But, as long as he has Em and Dre behind him, he'll be something big.

Personally, "Locc 2 Da Brain." Everyone says Gangstas can't rap, but they all showed they could paint perfect pictures.

With not much promotion, not as much as it could. But, for die hard Hip Hop fans and Jay-Z fans, it'll do good numbers. Fuck sales though.

Whatever Em says, they will say. Period. They're all puppets for Eminem.

Big Boi's disc is Hip Hop. Not Dre's. Dre's is just a melting pot a all sorts of styles and sounds.

Once this dumb ass beef dies down, which it seems to be doing, he'll live a long time.

Can't be that much. They produce for cats like Phillys Most Wanted, who got no money.

"Pump It Up" by Joe Budden. They get the hottest producer of the moment, throw in the generic rhymes.

TechN9ne - I'm A Playa. Has that flare of a commercial single, but he released Slacker.

Take out Memphis Bleek, and put in Sly Boogy.

The DPG hasn't put out quality since Kurupt left. G-Unit is garbage to me.

People need to care about lyrics and not sales. Everyone is so afraid to be lyrical because it won't sell. The fans co sign that. "Oh well if he comes too lyrical nobody will buy his album." Hip Hop was based on lyrics, not commercialism. Once the focus on being commercial is over, lyrics will come back.

Nope. Em lacks that quality. He doesn't have replay value. His songs are hit or miss. You're not sure if he's joking or being serious. And, he needs to lay off the gun play. It's boring.

There's so many. Can't decide.

Without Jay, there is no Roc-A-Fella. Bleek and State Prop can't hold it down. Diplomats do their own thing. M.O.P. and Twista can't hold the label down either.

Likwit/Xzibit. I suprised at how much Xzibit had changed and forgot where he came from.

Nope. Artists care about themselves and themselves only.

It's one thing to go mainstream, it's another thing to change your style. Xzibit is a perfect example. He went from "it's a shame niggas in the rap game only for the money and fame" to "me and fred about to half on microsoft."

Don Breezio