Author Topic: Shyne Was 50 Cent Before 50 Cent  (Read 339 times)

SGV

Re:Shyne Was 50 Cent Before 50 Cent
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2003, 06:28:53 PM »
I don't see a clear/good point.
Being a N.Y. drug kingpin/supergangsta isn't exactly something you copyright, as 100's of rappers got that image/style.

Look at the way they both hit the mainstream. Their images and what they promoted. Shyne did all that before 50.

Don Breezio

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2003, 06:52:46 PM »
ROFL @ whoever said in da club was better than "thats gangsta"...yes the lyrics are so much better "i'm into havin sex i aint into makin love" vs. "i got a question, as serious as cancer, where the fuckin safe at somebody better answer"  ::)...first off...thats gangsta had a flow that was 1000 times better...lyrics that while they werent majorly different...were still better than in da club...and a beat that couldnt be topped. whereas in da club was just a show dre put on with 50 as his hype man. i agree entirely with SGV...50 cent is the spitting image of shyne...its just that shynes lyrics, flow, and overall appeal were so much better and nobody realized it. he didnt release the types of songs that would get played on the same station 500,000 times a day...

and i agree with SGV again...look at the 3 songs he released:

Bad Boys vs. Wanksta - basically the same type of shit except one was wack and one wasnt (wanksta's beat was dope but again lyrics sucked ass...good concept though)

Thats Gangsta vs. In Da Club - same shit just better flow and a bit better lyrics...yes we all enjoyed in da club at some point but after hearing it for the thousandth time it started to get a little old you know what i mean?

Bonnie & Shyne vs. 21 Questions - i like B&S better but the overall style, lyrics, and appeal of the song was about the same...i just like the feel of B&S better...21 Questions was one of few 50 songs that i truely do appreciate...i like how he left his "gangsta image" that hes trying to portray to do a song about something a little deeper than guns and money.

they really are 1 in the same but i feel that shyne just has more talent than 50 does...actually lemme rephrase that...i feel that shyne uses his talent to its full potential whereas 50 does not...50 has a lot of talent he just doesnt use it the right way imo.

Don Breezio

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2003, 06:53:49 PM »
Being a N.Y. drug kingpin/supergangsta isn't exactly something you copyright, as 100's of rappers got that image/style.

Look at the way they both hit the mainstream. Their images and what they promoted. Shyne did all that before 50.

yeah except they promoted shyne as the "new biggie"...the source had an entire article comparing shyne & biggie because they sounded similar...i think thats one of the reasons shyne had so much publicity.

eS El Duque

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2003, 07:18:16 PM »

yeah except they promoted shyne as the "new biggie"...the source had an entire article comparing shyne & biggie because they sounded similar...i think thats one of the reasons shyne had so much publicity.

word

eNgIeS

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2003, 12:47:44 AM »
I didnt like Shyne & i thought his style was a fuckin Biggie rip off so fuck him

50 isnt the best, but he OWNS Shyne