Author Topic: LLOYD BANKS is the next superstar after 50 !!!!!  (Read 855 times)

SGV

Re:LLOYD BANKS high-profile verses on 50 & Obies albums.. dayum!
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2003, 10:50:27 PM »

lmao...by saying that your not proving your point...if you put britney spears in there you could change it to britney spears' livin la vida loca...no matter who you put in there the lyrics are the same lol...
Haha. I didn't mean it like that. I meant that their styles are so similar, that if someone told you "hey that's a Banks verse," you could easily say, "oh yea it is." You know what I mean?

Jome

Re:LLOYD BANKS is the next superstar after 50 !!!!!
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2003, 11:41:27 PM »
LoL @ finding 2 similar tracks..
Fabolous isn't that bad, except his albums, they're waaaack.

Banks got about 10 times more talent than Fab..

Ltnluv23

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2003, 02:40:45 AM »
why yall even comparing Banks to Fabolous, while ur at it, u mite as well compare Banks to Mase n Loon....LOL.....Banks raps bout totally different stuff then fabo...lately fabos been all bout the ladies, and Banks all bout the gunz.....sure..they sound alike, but Banks style is more street n hard..while fabo is smooth n laidback......I dont see Banks blowin up big time, just cuz his image is pretty much not unique...but i could be wrong.....but then again he is on 50's team....but being on a team with sumone HOT doesnt alwasy mean success......its all bout the "1st single"... if ur up n comer rapper, and drop a CRAZY CLUB single, u have a good chance at blowin up, and having sumone like dre,50 or em on a hook wouldnt hurt.....look at knocturnal...he had a chance, wit Dre n Missy on a track......its all bout 1st impressions..

We Fly High

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2003, 03:26:32 AM »
lloyd kinda bores me, i enjoy listening to how faboulous manipulates all his rhymes, its something not a lot of these artists can do.

PLANT

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2003, 03:56:45 AM »

Banks got about 10 times more talent than Fab..

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2003, 04:31:28 AM »
What so bank aint never materialistic?..

"i wear your advance on my neck"
"blue yankie fitted,G unit sneakers"

that whole victory freestyle...

that gangsta song wit ludacris...

nah llyod aint materialistic... ::)

bez

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2003, 06:02:16 AM »
Everyone is blowing him totally out of proportion.  He has got sum nice lyrics no doubt but his voice and flow ain't all that good.  His verse on P.I.M.P aint all that.  If he wanted to blow up in the same way 50 has then the only advice I can give him is he needs to get a new face because no teenage girl is gunna want a poster of him on her wall.  

West C. Connected

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2003, 07:52:32 AM »
no teenage girl is gunna want a poster of him on her wall.  

Too much teenage girls already do.
\

bez

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2003, 08:12:30 AM »
LMFAO

SGV

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2003, 09:44:28 AM »
Banks is 10 times better than Fab? LMAO. Prove it people. Show me a verse that doesn't look like something Fab would spit. Because with those two verses I put up, they came to me with the quickness. I knew exactly the verse that proves Fab and Banks are the same style rappers. Bet, if Fab was riding with 50, and Banks with Clue, this thread would be the other way around. How do I know? Look who started the thread.

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2003, 12:00:26 PM »
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha @ that Craig David thing.

Jome

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2003, 04:12:47 PM »
Banks is 10 times better than Fab? LMAO. Prove it people. Show me a verse that doesn't look like something Fab would spit. Because with those two verses I put up, they came to me with the quickness. I knew exactly the verse that proves Fab and Banks are the same style rappers. Bet, if Fab was riding with 50, and Banks with Clue, this thread would be the other way around. How do I know? Look who started the thread.

Peep the 1st post.
Find a verse where Fab spits like that. That's right - you can't!

Yayo and Buck is riding with 50 too.. why amn't I giving them props if I'm such a dickrider ??
That's right, I'm just recognizing talent.
You're just throwing cheap punches.

And LoL @ the girls wouldn't want Banks on the wall, what do you know about it Bez.. ??  :P

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2003, 05:43:07 PM »
I actually think Yayo has just as much as talent as banks does. Once he gets outta the 'pen he'll show everyone his skill.

But bacc to the subject at hand: First of all, I've never heard Budden spit a hot verse ever so I'ma DQ him automatically. Anywayz, although Fabolous can come tight on freestyles and what not, his albumz are wacc as fucc like Jome said. I'm 100% sure Banks would never make a tracc about throwbacc jerseys and fitteds. That's complete garbage IMO. Fab is kinda like the pretty, materialistic dude, while Banks is like the grimey, keepin' it gangsta dude. I just don't see how one could say they basically the same.

Don Breezio

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2003, 05:56:24 PM »
What so bank aint never materialistic?..

"i wear your advance on my neck"
"blue yankie fitted,G unit sneakers"

that whole victory freestyle...

that gangsta song wit ludacris...

nah llyod aint materialistic... ::)

ROFL...if you're gonna reply to something make sure you pay attention to the little words that make the sentence mean different things  ;)

i dont think i've ever heard banks rapping about that type of shit (or atleast not excessively like fab does

yo Sicc_Wit It...you said you've never heard joe budden drop a hot verse...have you ever heard the song 10 Minutes? that is one of the dopest songs to drop this year in my opinion...the dude is nothing special but he isnt bullshit...if 50 cent could flow like that for 10 min i would be surprised...if he could flow like that for 30 seconds i would be surprised.

Everyone is blowing him totally out of proportion.  He has got sum nice lyrics no doubt but his voice and flow ain't all that good.  His verse on P.I.M.P aint all that.  If he wanted to blow up in the same way 50 has then the only advice I can give him is he needs to get a new face because no teenage girl is gunna want a poster of him on her wall.

LMAO...P.I.M.P. is one of the whackest songs i've ever heard...chorus should go "I dont know what you heard about me, but my style isnt any better than nelly's, i have no talent, im famous cuz of dres beats, and im a muthafuckin F-A-G!"

and is 50 really that good looking...he kinda looks like a rat to me...lol

SGV

« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2003, 06:07:43 PM »
[Lloyd Banks]
But as long as I'm here I'm gonna grab checks
And make my cash stretch longer than giraffe necks
Poverty make yo ass bet
My words touch niggaz in jail make them wanna finish they last sent'
They say you live by the gun, you die by the next nigga gun
If thats the case then get a bigga one
You don't think I pack the pump cause I'm out the hood
That's a stereotype like everybody that's black and +jump+
I'm in the white mink the fabric is done
Got rings like Mike, Bird, Magic, and them
Out in Dallas in the palace where the Mavericks is from
Living lavish I'm established, so the cabbage'll come
I'm in the cloud you don't see me on the trains
I travel first class you aint even got a TV on your plane
You should be easy on my name cause I aint going back and forth
Your boss and your captain soft

How is this different from Fab? It's talking about materialistic objects. Makes a cheesy sports reference, has gun play.

Difference? None. Only affiliation.

Even on Fab's poppy stuff he has gangsta lyrics. How is Banks gangsta and Fab not?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2003, 06:08:34 PM by SGV »