Author Topic: UK hip hop is More Realer then US  (Read 426 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:UK hip hop is More Realer then US
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2003, 05:13:52 AM »
Definitely lots of talent in the UK, and we survive most of the commercial bullshit.

One artist you should definitely check out is Cappo from Nottingham. His album "Spaz The World" is really dope, the production is amazing, and he's a pretty nice MC, one of my favourite albums this year actually.

cool i'mma check that out.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Trauma-san

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2003, 07:31:32 AM »
America Provided The Atmosphere

A copy will never be as good as the original :)

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2003, 07:33:02 AM »
Oh, and I will admit the greatest Band in the world is from England.  LOL  Also, the greatest Band that ever was was from England.  So I'm not hating England.  

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2003, 07:45:54 AM »
i think the underground UK hip-hop might be on the same level as the US..

but i think commercial UK-hip-hop is pretty terrible.. anyone agrees with me on that?  ???

i dont like that "2-step" stuff   :P

spice girls had some nice g-funk beats tho  ;D
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

mauzip

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2003, 08:42:13 AM »

LMAO

I still have the first 2 albums from the Spice Girls and their Step To Me single :P

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2003, 09:21:37 AM »
i think the underground UK hip-hop might be on the same level as the US..

but i think commercial UK-hip-hop is pretty terrible.. anyone agrees with me on that?  ???

i dont like that "2-step" stuff   :P

2 step = garage not hiphop

Posted by: Buddy Holly  Posted on: Today at 03:31:32pm  
America Provided The Atmosphere

A copy will never be as good as the original  
bullshit yet another ignorant comment from trauma

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Don Seer

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2003, 09:28:11 AM »
nah its not ignorant, its true.. if you take it in context.

UK rappers trying to sound/look american, talking about american topics, blingin it up etc = WACK

Uk rappers rapping about UK subjects in their own style, however they feel = REAL

now real might = dope sometimes too ;)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2003, 11:11:40 AM »
i took it in the context he said, nothin can be as good as or better than american hiphop because it was started there.

lets put it in another context like the car industry japan didn't start it but when they came into it they shit all over every other country in build quality and production techniques.

but i do agree uk hiphop tyrna be american is crappy

true uk hiphop is just as good as american like with everything ur gonna have good and bad rappers on both sides of the atlantic just like u get good and bad cars. ya dig?

uk hiphop brings another flavour to it where british ppl can relate to the subjects and slang more, which is why it may not appeal to americans so much. but that doesn't mean its inferior or anything its just different.

Don Seer

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2003, 12:07:45 PM »
yeah i agree witcha..

its kinda like the east/west thing.. why the hell cant the the west, or south for that matter be allowed to dominate?

"we started it" .. reminds me of "you started it".. on some cry baby kid shit...

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2003, 01:34:13 PM »

"we started it" .. reminds me of "you started it".. on some cry baby kid shit...

Just like what Pac said

Trauma-san

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2003, 07:13:02 PM »
*Sigh

Like O said, if they're just copying the american style, how will they ever be dope?  LOL good god, stop reading so deep into it.  

If they came out with their own thing, it's all good.  Don't the germans have some hardcore rock rap hybrid going?  All I'm saying is be original and true to what you actually are.  America Invented Hip Hop, but maybe England will invent the next genre.  The UK dance scene is much more advanced then the American dance scene, for instance.

Don Seer

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2003, 02:28:58 AM »
Ya right on the dance thing.. America and Canada seem to be just getting into the large 'raves' and the jungle scene exported from the UK. even coining a new name for them over there "Part-E's"

Never heard extasy mentioned as being in the US much until a few years ago.. but we have had all the probs with that shit over 10 years ago... dont think its quite so underground over there, its started off at a 'managed' level.. whereas over here people used to do shit like congregate in disused airfields or hire a village hall for a 'family function' (to get the keys) and have 1000s people turn up.. mad old days :)  a village hall near here got stripped bare, they even took the radiators! lol