Author Topic: K-B Toys offers 30-percent-off sale to settle suit - free money  (Read 99 times)

JTSimon

K-B Toys offers 30-percent-off sale to settle suit - free money
« on: October 13, 2003, 10:53:55 AM »
Now this is bust a nut worthy  ;D So go out and buy some stuff tonite or tommorrow

Shoppers at K-B Toys stores nationwide are receiving unexpected discounts through Tuesday, as the chain refunds $3 million to consumers to settle a lawsuit alleging misleading prices.

K-B Toys, without admitting wrongdoing, is offering 30 percent off purchases of at least $30 at its 1,300 stores. Video game systems, video cartridges and gift cards are not included.

The court-ordered sale received virtually no advance publicity. Terms of the settlement barred advertisements, which might have encouraged crowds and driven up store profits, according to an attorney for the plaintiffs.

If the sale doesn't reach the $3 million mark in discounts, the Pittsfield, Mass.-based chain must donate the balance in the form of full-priced toys to charities.

The class-action suit, filed in Chicago, claimed the retailer inflated original prices on items to make sale prices falsely appear lower, violating truth-in-pricing laws. The plaintiffs alleged the items never initially sold at such high regular prices.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2003, 10:56:08 AM by Max|Powers »

E. J. Rizo

Re:K-B Toys offers 30-percent-off sale to settle suit - free money
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2003, 12:37:42 PM »
man its not valid on video game systems or games wtf...thats the only thing i would want i was about to go buy a game cube for 70 bucks but i guess not anymore....lol

Eazy-E RuthlessG

Re:K-B Toys offers 30-percent-off sale to settle suit - free money
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2003, 03:42:39 PM »
wow im gonna go buy me sum action figures